R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   I Wanna Go Faster on This Track (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/41313-i-wanna-go-faster-track.html)

Punkynutt 05-25-2004 02:32 AM

I Wanna Go Faster on This Track

1 Attachment(s)
Gentz and Galz

I race on this track

Ta04
GT7 and Monster Horse Power
Foams 35 front and rear
Pinions 25-30, and Spurs 83-128
Banged up Dodge Stratus
Ball-Diff rear, Bevel-diff front
Universal shafts front, Light-weight diff-joints rear
GP/Sanyo 3300 (lasts just over 6 minutes)

I'm about 1 second per lap slower than the fastest guys, runs a TC3/Schumacher with Monsters too

How do I go fast and/or how do I get more torque.

Thanks-a-million

Ybakoff 05-25-2004 03:16 AM

The best thing to do is follow the fast guy and see where you are lacking.

Then you will know whether it's speed, lines, etc etc.

Then we can help you go faster..:nod:

Hope this helps.

Hardriven RC 05-25-2004 03:18 AM

Move that awsome track, and yourself offcours, to Belgium and i'll show you what you are doing wrong. :D :nod: :D :D

Ybakoff 05-25-2004 03:28 AM

That would of been my second option. :D

R/C Anonymous 05-25-2004 03:43 AM

practice makes perfect:)

Cobra81li200 05-25-2004 03:49 AM

Actually I have a perfect spot for this track in UK :D

First of all, get rid of that front bevel gears diff, a front one way would certainly help.

We also need to know what you lack : is it grip, speed, acceleration ? And your setup : springs, dampers, camber, camber positions etc...

If you have a bevel diff, I suppose it's a regular TA04, then I'm not sure we can really make it as fast as the TC3, the stock TA04 lacks rigidity, and you specially need rigidity with foam tires... But we can make it faster for sure.

Punkynutt 05-25-2004 05:01 AM

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Move that awsome track, and yourself offcours, to Belgium and i'll show you what you are doing wrong. :D :nod: :D :D
I gather you folk like this track, its relatively high speed but gets modified on the fly for some serious technical challenges. However, its technical features are nothing compared to the KEy West track about 70 miles from here (2002 IFMAR World Champs-Surikain/Masami)

Anywayz, I run a standard setup for my TA04
-1 deg camber front and back
0 deg toe front, -2 deg toe rear
White (Stiff-Tamiya) spings rear, Blue (one level down from white) front
In fact, the problem is not speed, but torque. Going into and coming out of corners. When we convert to technical courses, I suffer even worse.

Tried 120/39, 83/25 (std), (112/45 best speed), 112/51 (this fried my Epic Binary 2 Outlaw during bashing), 120 /38,

Shock oil is 70W front and back

Going to try a new combo i.e 120/34 as recommended

Hope the additional info helps

As for following/asking the fastest guy, well they're not that keen to share the info (must be my bad breath) They've been racing for 10+ years, I'm a rookie and able to keep up relatively. They might be feeling a little jittery, coz imma kick butz soon.

Hardriven RC 05-25-2004 06:54 AM

Now there's the spirit! Kick their butts hard enough and you'll win:lol: :lol: :lol:

Punkynutt 05-25-2004 10:15 PM

help help......

racing this weekend, ......come now people, I thort you guyz can "hawl azz"....

fatdoggy 05-25-2004 10:33 PM

What is your spring/brush setup on your Monster? If you using the standard red+/green- springs go to either red+/red- or purple+/red-. Brush wise try putnams(green+/blue- or green+/green-) or trinity 4505's for max power, but be prepared to cut the comm and replace the brushes after every run. This should give you some more power. Other then that make sure your drivetrain is super free.

mb racer 05-26-2004 10:50 AM

faster..

yes make sure your drivetrain is very free in this car .. there is some drag in the drivetrain which will cause you to loose runtime and even over heat your motors .. if you start out ok at the start of the race , then by 3 minutes in you start loosing punch then theres difinentaly some drag .. clean all bearings and dont over tighten the wheel nuts .. it will put presure on the bearings and cause excessive drag also .. hope this helps..

OVA 05-26-2004 11:18 AM

punktnutt
TAO4 isn't very free spin belt drive and they're heavy .compare the 415 or 414 and the TAO4 also have alittle drag in the drive train ...I'll would get another TC likr evo3 or 415 or 414 if you lkie the Tamiya product....And I agree with MB racer

The Black Kat 05-26-2004 12:06 PM

Nice track......We need one of those around here....

I dissagree with whoever says go one-way....unless you aleady know you like it or a BUNCH of local guys use it...I prefer diff on a big layout like that

Spool would work better, No wonder your going slow, your using a monster geared high :rolleyes: Get hooked up with a good 19T

Whatever tire/traction sauce any of the fast guys are using, go with that

Looks like a fun track to run Mod on :nod:

stumper 05-26-2004 12:43 PM

I would try a one-way also. That track looks huge and would benefit from it. And Im pretty sure he running in Stock so a 19t is out of the question.

Punkynutt 05-27-2004 12:08 AM

FastDoggy, MB Racer , OVA

Thank you. Will check the weight, will try and loosen the drivetrain, In fact, just last night I fiddle with my NTC3 and realised how stiff drive train all of a sudden. I have previously had a loose wheel nutt, lost the race because of that and decided to tighten it. There you guys just solved that problem also, thanks