Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND >

Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Old 05-24-2004, 05:44 PM

i know how you feel, 14 - 21 business days is stupid, i mean, just cause they have like 6000 chargers sitting on the bench waiting to fixed and sent out is no reason that i should have to wait 14 days for mine, heck i'm special and i know it, you know it and its ae's business to know it too. so what if everytime the guy gets a half a turn on a screw the phone rings with a another question, stop what your doing, answer the phone, be polite, fix my charger and get it back to me tomorrow is that to much to ask. geez.

but lets be serious for a minute. so one guy was rude, so your gonna sell all your ae goodies and buy someone elses. wow. last winter we had a huge wind storm and a couple hundred thousand people lost power, a few days later some guys writes a letter to the paper crying that he couldn't get a satisfactory answer as to when his power would be restored. and the people on the phone were rude.

do you guys have any idea how many chargers are sitting a AE right now. do you have any idea how many hours, days or nights these people are working to make things right. instead of complaining i would think you would thank them for their effort. they are working thier asses off for YOU thier loyal customers right now. and yes it is wrong to be rude to your customers but cut them some slack. and gee dub does make good points.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Actually, that is the problem, too many people cut too many people slack. If instead of cutting people slack all the time, we should actually try a NOVEL CONCEPT: Expect them to do their jobs, things would be alot better in more than just the world of RC.

As for the turn around time, I just stated a fact, it will be between 14 - 21 business days for you to get your charger back, this was asked before and I stated it. I haven't seen ONE Person on here say they expect there charger the next day. Does it suck that it takes so long, yup. But Am I saying that I won't deal with associated again BECAUSE of this? NOPE!

As for me saying that I can take my business elsewhere, I am not a lemming that has to follow the leader regardless if I like the vehicle they produce. If you don't treat me right, why should I pay you good money for poor service?

Am I soured some on AE because of the customer service response I got, yes I am. Do I think they make a hell of a product, you bet!
Old 05-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Originally posted by Cain
Well, I gave AE a call on the number they gave, boy, that guy answering the phone couldn't have been any more rude! And on top of that, don't expect to see your charger for 14 to 21 BUSINESS DAYS.

I still can't get over how rude that guy was, I think I may have to give Losi a call and see how the treatment is with them. No need to spend my dollars with a$$holes.
just wanted to put your first post next to your last post. seems to me that you are saying you won't be spending any more of your money at AE or as you put it ,, with a$$holes stating a fact about the turn around time is a little different then, "on top of that",, that sounds like complaining not stating a fact. btw, next time you get pulled over, don't make excuses, just tell the nice man with the badge,,, i don't want any slack, just give me the ticket. but i guess thats where we differ, i can understand that some peoples job might suck at one time or another or they might be having a bad day, or the just found out thier spouse or companion has been cheating, or maybe thier union just increase thier dues at the the same time cutting benifits, or maybe where they are working is closing the doors or laying off people and giving thier jobs to someone who will do it for half the pay. all of which has happened to me, so yes, i do cut people slack, because i haven't always been the perfect employee and because when i leave, i want them to think of me as a good, UNDERSTANDING, customer. and of course i understand why you started this thread, because everything didn't go like you thought it would with your phone call and your pissed off. so i will cut you some slack and stop now, and i won't be responding to your come back, as a way of cutting you even more slack. you have a nice day. bye bye
Old 05-25-2004, 04:14 AM

I guess thats what bothers me. I only called to have one question, and AE was the one that gave me the number to call. Its not like they couldn't have posted 14 to 21 business days before you get it. But they wanted me to call and check I guess.
its important that when we make posts ripping someone a new one that we have all the facts, and that we stick to the story we started with, in your first post, you say you asked a question, got a answer in a rude tone, then you say there was a pause, and you asked if they needed something for you, in the quote above, you say you only called to ask the one question, so after you got the answer why didn't you just say thank you and hang up?? i guess the weird pause was because ae was waiting for your next question? or a ok or something from YOU. oh and were did i say anyone expected thier charger the next day, don't go putting words in my post to try and make your point. oh i get it, you thought that first paragraph was serious, so that was humor or sar...... fact is your all over the place with this, first call them a$$holes, not gonna spend my money there, then it all good, then i never said that, what ever man, its your world, twist it how you like.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:27 AM
Tech Legend

Where did I say I would not buy any more AE products because of the turn around time taking so long?

My message stating that I would call losi is concerning the treatment I recieved when contacting the service department that AE told me to call to find out.

I called and told him that I wanted to know what the turn around would be like and had this tone in his voice like I just took him away from the superbowl.

I then had this weird pause and I asked him was there something I need to give him and he was like "Your Name" in the rudest tone, threw me for a loop.

Funny thing is I just got off the phone with MRC and they couldn't have been nicer, even offered to CALL ME BACK when they had the info I needed on there dime. Nice.
I called and told him what I needed to know, the tone in his voice started from when he answered the phone . If the call was over I wouldn't have asked him what he needed from me to find out that information, and of course if he already had given me what I needed, he wouldn't have told me that he needed my name.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Originally posted by vanguard
just wanted to put your first post next to your last post. seems to me that you are saying you won't be spending any more of your money at AE or as you put it ,, with a$$holes stating a fact about the turn around time is a little different then, "on top of that",, that sounds like complaining not stating a fact. btw, next time you get pulled over, don't make excuses, just tell the nice man with the badge,,, i don't want any slack, just give me the ticket. but i guess thats where we differ, i can understand that some peoples job might suck at one time or another or they might be having a bad day, or the just found out thier spouse or companion has been cheating, or maybe thier union just increase thier dues at the the same time cutting benifits, or maybe where they are working is closing the doors or laying off people and giving thier jobs to someone who will do it for half the pay. all of which has happened to me, so yes, i do cut people slack, because i haven't always been the perfect employee and because when i leave, i want them to think of me as a good, UNDERSTANDING, customer. and of course i understand why you started this thread, because everything didn't go like you thought it would with your phone call and your pissed off. so i will cut you some slack and stop now, and i won't be responding to your come back, as a way of cutting you even more slack. you have a nice day. bye bye
You're an IDIOT!!!
It's you job, can't do then quit... Rude to customers is NOT acceptable that are calling about a DEFECTIVE product that has serious hurt people...
Old 05-25-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

weird my friend drop his two off when i was in LA last week and got them back in two days, just weird.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Legend

I am glad you guys got yours quickly, thats great since it keeps people racing and thats always good for the hobby.

I am lucky in a way, I have a backup charger on the way that originally I was gonna sell right away.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Legend

I am glad you guys got yours quickly, thats great since it keeps people racing and thats always good for the hobby.

I am lucky in a way, I have a backup charger on the way that originally I was gonna sell right away.

Hey Cain !!!

I just got my Quasar back , the mail man just arrive ...

It took 2 weeks...
total time

I got a bag of 767`s reedy brush`s....

Don even called me up before shipping & offered the motor or brush deal....

Don was polite & cheerfull ....

You seem **** as all get out...

Maybe you need to vent on the Ups man unstead> Its why the turnaround took as long as it did.....

I have da do this....

Thanks to Don & Ae !

for> the great service & concerned interest for your customer`s safety....
Old 05-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Legend

Glad to hear it came in and I am glad that you got treated well!

I am not too concerned with the turn around time, it sucks yes, but things like that happen. My main concern is that they treat you properly.

Anything different about the charger you noticed off hand?
Old 05-25-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

what is interesting is if people are local to cali where AE is based and are just dropping chargers off and getting them back asap.....that sucks for the guys who mailed them in and are waiting 3 weeks.

so some guys show up and get the charger fixed asap or a day or two....and they put off working on chargers that have been mailed in?

AE makes excellent cars and I still own my TC3.....it's just disappointing that the customer service is lacking.

for the recall they should have set-up some kind of verification process for recieving and mailing out the chargers....to this point contact with them has been null and trying to speak with someone at AE who know's what going on with the chargers is and has been very difficult.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Curious to know...

Are they fixing the charger you have, or are they sending you a completley new charger???
Old 05-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by PitCrew
Curious to know...

Are they fixing the charger you have, or are they sending you a completley new charger???
do not know i put my name and adds on the bottom of mine.

Ups drop it off today so i find out how fast i get it.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Reedy Quasar Pro Recall, 21 BUSINESS DAYS TURNAROUND

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
You're an IDIOT!!!
It's you job, can't do then quit... Rude to customers is NOT acceptable that are calling about a DEFECTIVE product that has serious hurt people...
and you have the nerve to call me an IDIOT,
Old 05-25-2004, 06:34 PM

cain, where did i say - you said you wouldn't buy ae products because of" turn around time". what you said was and i quote from your first post, " no need to spend my dollars with a$$holes" . your post was about AE so i will assume you were referring to them.

keep on spinning and twisting, but everyone on here can read, maybe they don't agree with me, but they can read.

take a tip from NEXUS. he was able to express him self and his concerns about the recall without the name calling and whining.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.