Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
New Corally 10SL- New World GT car >

New Corally 10SL- New World GT car

New Corally 10SL- New World GT car

Old 06-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New Corally 10SL- New World GT car

Anyone seen the new car yet? Does anyone have one ordered?Heared it was supposed to be released real soon (this week).
Old 06-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Tech Master

2 fellow drivers are testing the prototype pro10 versions on asphalt. I have seen the car in action last weekend and it seems to be a good car and easy to work on but i will notify them about this thread so they can tell there experiences.

Last edited by 2wdrive; 06-30-2010 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 AM

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have run my 10SL Prototype in the Netherlands nationals and RC Le-Mans series for the last few weeks.
I run it in wide mode.
My prototype has brought me to the podium on every race.

Compared to the previous version it is more durable and better to run modified motors on 7.4V with. It also has more traction on low-traction track circumstances.
It has the option to run a stick pack lengthwise in the middle or slightly offset or with saddle packs (my personal setup).

There are some small details that will be changed from my prototype, mainly on the rear pod to more easily cope with big gears (like needed in modified or 3.7V stock) and additional clearances for the damper tubes.

The car should be almost ready, Corally is only waiting for the new rear pods to come in.

Attached is a picture of my prototype.
Attached Thumbnails New Corally 10SL- New World GT car-gereed-chassis.jpg  
Old 06-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

Thank You Pro Ten. I run the 3.7 with a 13.5 .My usual gear ratio is 42-43x88. As for ESC it will be the new Novak when it comes out.Looking foward to getting the car and my team mate has also ordered the same car.The front bumper set-up looks alittle strange.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:16 PM

The front bumper is carried over from Corally's touring car. It comes with a foam bumper.
An alternate bumper with wider body mount position is in the making though and will probably be offered as an option part.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

From the pictures I think I'll run the battery in the middle to play with the weight.Does anyone over there- Europe run the 200mm cars are all the just 235mm.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

last national i ran the BMI DB10RR and there was also an associated RC10L3 in between 235mm cars. I ran the sophia body but cut the rear wing out 5mm above the cutout line to get just a little more downforce at the back. I cut the body 5mm below the cutout line so i could run bigger tires without hitting the wheelwells. It was doing really good once i got the right setup.

Here people drive mostly 10.5t and 2s with 200mm and 235mm together in the same race. But we also have modified that is being driving at certain clubs. Bodies: Le Mans, GTP, GT, LMP etc etc. as long as it is not a 235mm nitro body it is all good.

I know in germany and switzerland they have a seperate class of 200mm with 13.5t and 2s lipo.

As long as it is a pancar it is all good
Old 07-01-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Your right about- as long as it's a Pancar.When I first started running the 200mm cars over here, years ago I had to compete again the wide cars 235mm. I was pushing for the narrow cars way before they came up with the term World GT. Now that most manufacturers make the car again it's been a battle to get the class going here in our florida Series.For 2010-2011 we now have the chance to make it a points paying class instead of a series promotinal class. We've got two races to get the numbers up.It shouild be easy with I know of two -three new drivers coming into the class for the next season.
Now I'm just waiting on the new car to arrive.I'm looking forward to racing a Corally again. Oh how about showing me with a picture what you did with your Sophie body, that's all I've ever used. Is anyone making any other bodies(200mm) besides -Protoform-Parma that I already know about?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

this is my body when it was still unscathed lol

here is a german online shop that sells 200mm versions of the 235mm nissan and porsche. a picture says more then 1000words http://www.hk-modellbau.com/default....f=1&kat_id=170
Attached Thumbnails New Corally 10SL- New World GT car-p1030589b.jpg   New Corally 10SL- New World GT car-p1030595b.jpg  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

btw what do you mean by a points paying class?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
I have run my 10SL Prototype in the Netherlands nationals and RC Le-Mans series for the last few weeks.
I run it in wide mode.
My prototype has brought me to the podium on every race.

Compared to the previous version it is more durable and better to run modified motors on 7.4V with. It also has more traction on low-traction track circumstances.
It has the option to run a stick pack lengthwise in the middle or slightly offset or with saddle packs (my personal setup).

There are some small details that will be changed from my prototype, mainly on the rear pod to more easily cope with big gears (like needed in modified or 3.7V stock) and additional clearances for the damper tubes.

The car should be almost ready, Corally is only waiting for the new rear pods to come in.

Attached is a picture of my prototype.
A guy i know allways talks about bump steer when i say he should get a laydown servo on his 12scale.

Do you feel it in a Pro10?
Old 07-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Champion

By points paying class- I mean it will count for the year end championship. the last two years it's been unofficial so there were no awards at the end of the year banquet.
Is there any Hobbyshops selling the two bodies (Nissan and Porsche ) here in the States? Without looking at them I'd probably like the Nissan.But after looking at them I could not use them as we only allow GT bodies.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by MatsNorway
A guy i know allways talks about bump steer when i say he should get a laydown servo on his 12scale.

Do you feel it in a Pro10?
With the servo on an angle (no bump-steer) I get better mid-corner steering. The car is also more constant through the curves.
The laydown servo configuration seems to work well on carpet (high traction)
Old 07-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pro ten Holland
Wouldn't the shock mount get in the way of running the battery lengthwise down the middle of the car? Is there a different shock mount that allows the regular batteries to run down the center of the car?
Old 07-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BullFrog
When I first started running the 200mm cars over here, years ago I had to compete again the wide cars 235mm. I was pushing for the narrow cars way before they came up with the term World GT.
I started when all the 1/10 scale pan cars were 235mm wide. It was obviously not really accurate in terms of scale. The cars were 1/10 scale in length, and almost 1/8 scale in width. Nobody really worried about it.

Then Tamiya came out with the first 1/10 scale 4wd touring cars which were accurate to scale. Then the whole touring car thing took off using the scale dimensions as a model.

After the 4wd touring cars took over, the 1/10 scale pan car class almost totally disappeared. The 200mm narrow pan car is what saved the 1/10 scale pan car class.

So I think that the 235mm cars will eventually disappear as everyone upgrades to newer cars, which all seem to be the narrow 200mm cars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.