Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Corally 10SL- New World GT car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Wingman

have try new rear with 2s configuration?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Ran the new car at the very popular Ardent winter series today here in the UK. Car handled really nicely. Very easy to drive. In fact, it felt quite slow, but managed to get the single fastest lap in one of the A finals! Lots more to come from working on the setup, but so far, so good!
Old 02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingman2
Ran the new car at the very popular Ardent winter series today here in the UK. Car handled really nicely. Very easy to drive. In fact, it felt quite slow, but managed to get the single fastest lap in one of the A finals! Lots more to come from working on the setup, but so far, so good!
Well done fella , slow is always fastest ;-)

whats your current set up mate ???
Old 03-09-2012, 12:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Ι'm racing for many years in 1/8 buggy, but we have a new outdoor on road track in my area so I will buy this week a corally 10sl 235mm and I have some questions for you, it's my first on road car and i will try to open a WGT class in my area.

The set up i'm thinking to purchase in electronis is orion r10 pro with orion vst modified 10.5t and 7.4volt lipo.

The track I will run the car is medium size for 1/10 cars, not for 1/8.

The 10.5T is a good starting point for the medium size track or I must go lower, the traction of the traction is medium to high.

What motor pinions should I buy, the stock main gear is 48p 78T, the tyres I will buy is Jaco purple and pink F/R

Is it worth buying the P4 conversion kit from corally,i'm thinking that at least it will have a better access for removing the stick 7.4 pack.

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Last edited by Paris c; 03-09-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Master

Well i finally got chance to run my 10SL tonight , went well car drove great after some small set up changes, just the driver needs some work i think

I was using the P4 rear end and it feels really planted

Small video of me racing against a 1:12

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Just got my 10SL in the mail from bullfrog today! Can't wait to get it out on the track, I just need to figure out what electronics to put into it. I'm thinking of going with a 13.5 w/ a MMP running on 2s. I know WGT says 1s but since they don't enough for that class I'm trying to think of how to keep pace with 10.5 boosted TC. I think my setup should be a good starting point since I will have less weight to push. Might be a little slower on the straights but the corners should even things out.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Just curious what everyone uses servo wise. I think I'm going to have to get something smaller than what i have on hand. I had to move the servo mount back to get enough space for the steering rods. I was considering a Low profile servo like I have in my TC6 (it's the spektrum one that is rated @ 125oz/in and .09 transit @6v. I believe its the 6070). What do you guys say? I just want to make sure if I buy a servo it is one that will fit properly.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonu
Just curious what everyone uses servo wise. I think I'm going to have to get something smaller than what i have on hand. I had to move the servo mount back to get enough space for the steering rods. I was considering a Low profile servo like I have in my TC6 (it's the spektrum one that is rated @ 125oz/in and .09 transit @6v. I believe its the 6070). What do you guys say? I just want to make sure if I buy a servo it is one that will fit properly.
I have exactly the same servo as you there and i use it in my 10SL it is perfect

all i did was stick the servo to the chassis plate and turn the servo saver over , then you get the steering arms straight and flat

Old 03-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
I have exactly the same servo as you there and i use it in my 10SL it is perfect

all i did was stick the servo to the chassis plate and turn the servo saver over , then you get the steering arms straight and flat

What esc is that? I'm quickly realizing that my MMP doesn't fit very well.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

What esc is that? I'm quickly realizing that my MMP doesn't fit very well.
It is the Speed Passion GT2.0 .

Great speedo really smooth and very powerfull , works on 2S and 1S i love it , just it is a little big , the Tekin is much smaller but i dont like the on/off feel of the Tekin
Old 03-10-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
It is the Speed Passion GT2.0 .

Great speedo really smooth and very powerfull , works on 2S and 1S i love it , just it is a little big , the Tekin is much smaller but i dont like the on/off feel of the Tekin
I had been looking at those. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Speed Passion, Tekin RS Pro, or LRP SXX V2. Trying to get my car running on the cheap so I'm trying to find stuff used here or on ebay. So far I'm doing ok, got a great deal from Bullfrog on the car and spare parts, now for electronics.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

I had been looking at those. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the Speed Passion, Tekin RS Pro, or LRP SXX V2. Trying to get my car running on the cheap so I'm trying to find stuff used here or on ebay. So far I'm doing ok, got a great deal from Bullfrog on the car and spare parts, now for electronics.
I tried the Tekin , it wasn't for me but then i got a good deal from Toni Rhienhard for this one and so bought it , love it , As for LRP well ERM .................. I hate LRP had one once it cooked it's self after a week !!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

I have been using a Black Diamond speedo with my 10SL. I normally would run a Tekin, but they don't work with those Corally motors, hence using the BD. A mate of mine knows something that you can do to the Corally motors so that they do work with Tekin's, so will be putting one back in soon. And just to let you know, that the new software for the Tekin makes it feel much better than it did before (ran it with my 12th car). Got a 12th national to attend next weekend and then the next round of the GT series the weekend after. I have a couple of Stubby 7.4 LiPos and a 17.5 to try out at that meeting, should be fun!

Last edited by wingman2; 03-13-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Modified the L4 front end tonight. The steering blocks have been moved in-board 2mm each side. I think this will give less camber change through higer speed corners (?). I know that the CRC guys use the longer top arms with the steering block more towards the middle, so this should mimick that setup. We'll see how it goes, haha!!
Old 03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Here's a pic of my car now:

I have decided to have a go at running it as a 2c/17.5 car to see how it differs from the regualr 1c/10.5 setup that I normally use.

I cut a couple of slots for the extra piece of tape to hold the battery in place and will stick weights in around the battery to make sure it stays there.

Running it for the first time like this next Sunday at the ever popular Ardent series, so will let you know how it goes there.

Cheers,

Chris.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.