Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How Do You Store Rubber Tires? >

How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

Old 05-24-2004, 03:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

evaa: i personally just clean them with a rag to get as much of the dust off then put them into a zip lock bag. reason to keep them in an air tight bag is so they dont dry up.

(kumukunat kasi )
Old 05-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone have one of those Seal-A-Meal from the infomercials? This would be a great way to really make them airtight (ig. pressurizing the package and sucking all the air out of it). When I start running rubber tires all the time I might go this route.

John
Old 05-24-2004, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Justr zip lock them. Since they are airtight and cheap, they're perfect. The airtight will keep the rubber good and keep them from cracking. As for sauce, I don't want to add that to my equation, but I don't have any experience on whether its bad. Seems like you ar adding a softening compound for an indetermined time. Also, depending on what tires they are, some don't need sauce. For parking lots, takeoffs work great with nothing or Simply Green.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the "Crystal Light" Cans. Either size will do, Big can or small can, they work great for my foams. They fit perfectly. I got the idea off one of my friends. Sorry if this idea was already told.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i store my foams in a tennis can . . .
Old 05-24-2004, 12:50 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

I just throw em in a crystal lite tube.
Old 05-24-2004, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

lol, so do I, i said it before.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:23 PM
Tech Master

I store mine in an empty Pringles can. Fits 2 sets of tires perfectly.
Old 05-24-2004, 01:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Does anyone have one of those Seal-A-Meal from the infomercials? This would be a great way to really make them airtight (ig. pressurizing the package and sucking all the air out of it). When I start running rubber tires all the time I might go this route.

John
John,

I have that "FoodSaver" vacu-sealer, and it works really well....Got mine from Costco along with extra bags.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

here's another question, our track does not need tire sauce coz of its natural grip. if i sauce tires before storing them, wont they overheat when i use them after storing them for a few days?
Old 05-24-2004, 06:13 PM
tornado

Originally posted by evaa
here's another question, our track does not need tire sauce coz of its natural grip. if i sauce tires before storing them, wont they overheat when i use them after storing them for a few days?
While the tires are still in the ziplock bag, just throw them into the ccooler box for a couple minutes....that way you would start the run with a cooler tire and end up not too hot at the end and it won't overheat

Old 05-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by tornado
While the tires are still in the ziplock bag, just throw them into the ccooler box for a couple minutes....that way you would start the run with a cooler tire and end up not too hot at the end and it won't overheat
what im trying to get at is this, after a race i sauce my tire, after it has dried up i store it, then a week after im gonna use them again, now, will the tire sauce overheat them when i use them?

i think putting them in a cooler bag is out of the question in our track coz it normally requires at least half a lap for the tires to get up to normal racing temp.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:00 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If any of you guys now the australian airline company called QANTAS they give you two types of toothbrush bags. they fit 2 sets of 24mm rubbers perfectly. I use Wd40 for my track at night when the ground is cold.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

Originally posted by Cole Trickle

And what do you guys do, if you're not allowed to use traction sauce? Just put them in an air tight bag?
Cole;

Spray them with some WD-40 before putting them in the Bag (Zip-Lock type). Keeps the rubber fresh and soft. Just wipe them dry before installing them on your Car.
Old 05-24-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: How Do You Store Rubber Tires?

Originally posted by popsracer
Cole;

Spray them with some WD-40 before putting them in the Bag (Zip-Lock type). Keeps the rubber fresh and soft. Just wipe them dry before installing them on your Car.
ok, and wd40 wont overheat them like traction compound right?

i beleive i have a couple of tennis ball containers at home, i'll give them a shot also.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.