SXX Comp and TC Version 2

Old 10-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My esc only ever gets to 125 motor around 135
Old 10-22-2010, 04:39 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok just checking. You have no idication at all that the car is almost dead before it shuts off? I would think you would feel it slowing before complete cut-off.

Most likely complete shut off is correct.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I need all the practice I can get most esc's cut off and come back on so you can get your car off the straightaway. Guess I have to pull it off a little early.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dmatter
Do you like when this happens?
Not especially but at least it works well and there is no 2nd guessing if it works or if its a radio issue etc... I have only hit it twice and that was in practice.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:20 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The SC lights will blink to indicate if your shutdown is lipo cut off. If you want to verify this is what is happening.

Blue light blinks, red/ yellow lights blink alternately = battery low voltage cut off
Old 10-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is what my esc tells me, I was just wondering if it was normal for my motor to completely shut down. My older LRP speed controllers would just hesitate and come back on again. That way you dont have to run out on the track screaming LIPO CUT OFF THE STRAIGHTAWAY. I like the older cut off much better thats all.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
To do the updates, you'll need the optional USB-Bridge (#81800). If all goes as planned, this device will be available by late November. By the same time we'll then have a small update available online.
Will this update provide more settings for the competition for spec motor classes? As per the timing in 1/12th is too mild.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Will this update provide more settings for the competition for spec motor classes? As per the timing in 1/12th is too mild.

Asked this question myself there don't seem to ever be an answer

Was hoping my v2 can load stock spec software when running 10.5 (my local track 12th scale motor limit) then run Mod software when running my 5.5 or lower at other tracks.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

@dmatter: our LiPo cut-off was actually always the way you experience it, no power anymore. But we'll discuss that for next product updates if we revise anything there.

@oXYnary: I assume you mean 80905 (SXX Competition V2) as only that model is software updateable by the user. Why do you think the timing is too mild? Because for modified racing, for which this speed-control is designed for, the profiles are for sure suited very well.
For stock racing, you'd be better off with our SXX StockSpec (Version2 coming soon!) and we don't recommend using 80905/80955 for stock racing.

@Me_MrTyson: currently it's not planned to have stock software on modified speedo, because the two software's are actually a lot different in the background and it's not as simple as it may look like.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

@oXYnary: I assume you mean 80905 (SXX Competition V2) as only that model is software updateable by the user. Why do you think the timing is too mild? Because for modified racing, for which this speed-control is designed for, the profiles are for sure suited very well.
For stock racing, you'd be better off with our SXX StockSpec (Version2 coming soon!) and we don't recommend using 80905/80955 for stock racing.
Why sell 2 different escs where most other companies can get away with one that do both stock and spec? But I digress. Your own website and associated DO NOT mention its recommended only for mod and say "1.12th".

Examples:

1/12 Onroad and 2WD Offroad Racing will be even more exciting in the future!
http://www.lrp.cc/en/products/electr...egler/details/

Perfect for 1:12 Onroad and 2WD Offroad racing,
{CLIP}
The individual and precise settings of "Feel" and "Boost" offer maximum flexibility and the highest power in every race situation
(underline me)

http://www.teamassociated.com/lrp/pa...ails/LRP80905/

They say nothing about being meant for modified 1/12th specifically. Your marketing is misleading to say the least if the competition is so limited in functionality.

As it is your StockSpec version has a higher cg since it needs a heatsink. The nice thing about the competition was its low profile. CG is always a concern in 1/12th. Is that heatsink removable?
Old 10-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Yep 200 bucks later I find out its for mod. Its for sale 150
Old 10-25-2010, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

@Me_MrTyson: currently it's not planned to have stock software on modified speedo, because the two software's are actually a lot different in the background and it's not as simple as it may look like.
OK thanks for clarifying that...

Running 10.5 with feel 8 and boost 10 gear it (43 rollout) seems to go good would benifit from stock software more.

But when using a Mod motor can see where this software works best...

Would be good to switch between software version if it was an option down the track but on the otherside guess saves of my soldering the cables on the motor between events
Old 10-27-2010, 07:52 PM
YAH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

[quote=burito;8118287For stock racing, you'd be better off with our SXX StockSpec (Version2 coming soon!) and we don't recommend using 80905/80955 for stock racing.[/quote]

Hi Burito,

Any idea when?

And I only just bought a SXX stock spec less than a month ago because it has been stated elsewhere on rc-tech that there is no plan to release a version 2 of SXXSS soon?
Old 10-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Is anyone else having lots of issues with the Version 2 TC and Comps?

I am now up to my third SXX TC Vers. 2 in 2 weeks.
One was in my Touring Car, lasted 3 minutes and completely shut down and would not turn on again.

2nd one works fine but has HUGE cogging issues. Stutters very bad for a good 5 meters before it takes off smoothly. Got my third and it has the same cogging issues.....

Does anyone else have these issues, sort of wishing i kept my version 1's as they were perfect. Is LRP going to do an update shortly for the Vers, 2?

I checked batteries, sensor wire, programme modes, RX and motor and the only way i could stop the cogging was to go back to an old sphere comp which worked fine. so obviously its the speedies.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:07 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Jarred King
Is anyone else having lots of issues with the Version 2 TC and Comps?

I am now up to my third SXX TC Vers. 2 in 2 weeks.
One was in my Touring Car, lasted 3 minutes and completely shut down and would not turn on again.

2nd one works fine but has HUGE cogging issues. Stutters very bad for a good 5 meters before it takes off smoothly. Got my third and it has the same cogging issues.....

Does anyone else have these issues, sort of wishing i kept my version 1's as they were perfect. Is LRP going to do an update shortly for the Vers, 2?

I checked batteries, sensor wire, programme modes, RX and motor and the only way i could stop the cogging was to go back to an old sphere comp which worked fine. so obviously its the speedies.

Mine is the same as your second one, huge cogging/stutter. same settings/parts as my v1 which works perfectly, about to send it back and wait 2 weeks for a defective brand new produce to be swapped out, so lame no other industry would make us send a brand new product back instead of returning it to the store, like my time isn't worth money....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.