Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Needing Help with RC10B4.1 Setup

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Needing Help with RC10B4.1 Setup

After a 20 year hiatus from playing with R/C cars (Tamiya Hornet and Kyosho Big Brute) I got back into it and bought myself and RC10B4.1 Brushless RTR. The best part of buying it was that when I was a kid my dream care was the original RC10 so now I can finally say I own one.

But I digress...

I spent 6 hours on our local track on Saturday but boy was the car really hard to drive on the track. The following is a list of the main problems I was encountering:

* Soon as I just gave the car a little gas I would spin out of control either to the left or the right. I figure that I either have horrible traction with the stock tires on this track or it is something else or a combination of a bunch of things.

* The trigger was very sensitive... it would not take much pressure on the trigger to get the car going and once I pressed down half-way, if not less, the car was at full speed.

More information about the track:

* the track is extremely hard packed and dry with just a dust of sand on top

* we would wet the track once and a while and when it was wet I would get considerably much more traction... but dry forget about it... race day from what I gather it is mainly dry

Any help would be greatly appreciated... I just want to learn as much as I can.

P.S. This is a video from Saturday... just to give you an idea about the track and how the car handled. Anywhere there were any turns I have to go turtle slow so I wouldn't loose control.

[removed... I can't post links to the video nor embed it because I just signed up]
Old 06-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hate to tell you this but try reposting in the off road electrical setion, as this is the on road racing section. Tires are important for the most part. and setup on the car. I have a b4 also and have had some luck but got out of off road racing and have not done any racing now in almost nine months.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh brother... I did not realize that... I am such a doufus... I was wondering why I was not getting any replies LOL! :-/