Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by s.l.c.
I think your preching to the wrong group there Jspeed, if you notices theres no ROAR approved rules where we race and I think I speak for everyone that attends these races that one's it gets to competitive then the real reason we race goes out the window and that reason is called FUN.
OK, ok now its clear what you do and why you're running GT class.
Competition is fun for racers. Good luck to you.

See ya at the races!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

:thumbsup:

See you at the ROAR APPROVED RACES
Old 07-11-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Jspeed said
Last words to you few Warrior haters....
I could only hope your would keep your word, but no such luck. You are being an ARSE the way you are handling this.

"
How many of your beloved “replica” bodies would pass the ROAR bubble level test?"
I don't know, when they finally establish rules for the class, I'll have to see if my body passes. For now, who cares - looks like a real car, so I'm happy.

"For those of you that don’t seem to know much about real cars, it’s actually called a “SPOILER” not a wing.
Well people with respect for our hobby know that all REAL cars come in many sizes...I spend real money and real time working on my 1/8th GT, same as I do on my full size(1/1) FX35.

If you think your approach on RC Tech is going to help you sell more bodies with people who might be on the fence, then your marketing strategy sucks. Instead just accepting that alot of people who race GT aren't as fired up about the Warrior as you are, you belittle them, talk down to them , challenge their reasons for racing and their skill levels. I don't give a rat's a** how much effort and money you put into developing your body... if you act like a jerk to nice people here who are just telling you their opinion, then you'll lose me forever as a potential customer.

I told you earlier today I'd consider buying one of your bodies. Now, I'm not so sure. Good thing I don't need Impanema tires to be competetive around these parts.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Steve, I would have to agree with everyone. Your STRC Slash 4wd looked pretty dialed. I also noticed that you didnt have to baby it around the corners as much as some of the other cars that would spin out. Looks like your product will be a BIG HIT on the track! ALso, i think starting next month, it is TIME to have an EXPERT GT8 class. GT8 PRO is in fellas! Great job in making this class grow more and more every race week!
This is where I got that there would be a pro class.

I am certain that Charlie is good with hearing out what the racers want. I am good with whatever he decides. Pro Class or not, I am grateful for all of you who have decided to run this class and to OC Circuit for providing a venue for us to enjoy it.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Clay,

Wasn't trying to belittle anyone, sorry if it came across that way, really.

Just sick of the excuses made by the 2 guys in your area that are against our products because they can't sell them and want to keep the option unavailable to guys in California.

Its also unreal when someone posts, how they're not at the driving level they want to be, yet refuse to want to try to learn more at the same time.

The statments about our spoiler height is true. I brought it up because of how some want to call the Warrior a cheater body, when in fact the spoiler height would conform with ROAR's other on-road rules and most "replicars" would not.

Anyway, I'm tired of this really, you guys in California win. Have fun doing what you do. No grude no foul.

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Protoform PF8 passes the spoiler to roofline spec !!!

[QUOTE]
Put a level on the roof and your wing, is the bubble in the center or is it higher in the rear?
Ok first , it's called a spoiler, not a wing , at least according to people who claim to know real cars.

According to ROAR regulation, would your “GT” body pass or fail the level test?
I'll take that challenge - let's see if I can find my REAL car in this messy garage.

One Protoform PF8 body on my Inferno GT, and now the test......

PASS... Wonder if Protoform looked at the possible rules for the class when designing their body?

I'm good to go for ROAR racing. Come on out to the West coast ,Jspeed , so I can watch you gracefully wind your way between all of us as we slide hopelessly out of control going into the sweeper..... And don't worry, we don't break parts when we crash because our bodies don't let us go fast enough to do any damage.
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-img_2183_edited-1.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-img_2184.jpg  
Old 07-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Good one Clay
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok, I've been a lurker for awhile, just now building my GTP2e. I've been following a few threads trying to gain some knowledge and insight from you GT8 racers. As a 'new guy', I speak from point of view of those that you're trying to attract to this class.

To the point, frankly I, as well as probably others, am tired of this whole Jspeed crap/banter going on in this and other threads. This does NOT help get the Gt class to grow. Ban this guy and move on, or as Jspeed said himself about another, ignore him and he'll go away.

BTW, Jspeed, don't pm me. I've already read enough on your crap.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryRog
Ok, I've been a lurker for awhile, just now building my GTP2e. I've been following a few threads trying to gain some knowledge and insight from you GT8 racers. As a 'new guy', I speak from point of view of those that you're trying to attract to this class.

To the point, frankly I, as well as probably others, am tired of this whole Jspeed crap/banter going on in this and other threads. This does NOT help get the Gt class to grow. Ban this guy and move on, or as Jspeed said himself about another, ignore him and he'll go away.

BTW, Jspeed, don't pm me. I've already read enough on your crap.
+1
I am in the same boat. I want to get into GT8 or GT8 lite but all this body banter is discouraging.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Dag32 don't worry about the bodies just run whatever body you want just keep one thing in mind cut your body like you would cut your 1/10 scale touring car body, don't go crazy and cut out the whole rear end like some people here on this thread.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SNR Graphite
Dag32 don't worry about the bodies just run whatever body you want just keep one thing in mind cut your body like you would cut your 1/10 scale touring car body, don't go crazy and cut out the whole rear end like some people here on this thread.
I do not tell people at the track not to run that body. But I will not. I like my car to look like the real deal. as do most of use here. as far as the 100.00 body is our choise. You can also save more the the 45 body by getting a proto form body for under 40.00 We have a few guys run that body some are fast and some are not. The body did not make them fast or slow. it is the driver that makes the car fast or slow. I will not blast some one for asking a question as I have been.. Rule are writen to be followed and if you write a rule that make a big question then deal with it not call people names.. This is a hobby that need help to grow not a place for Name calling.. We are just playing with TOY CARS..... Unless you sit behind the wheel it is just a toy... Bring them out to the track and have fun with them. You can be the best driver but you still have to show up to run...

We have a bigger race coming up on the 24th if some one comes out the that body I will not send them home.. This is a fun thing for all..
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AngryRog

To the point, frankly I, as well as probably others, am tired of this whole crap/banter going on in this and other threads.
That's why most of us have set our settings to ignore all post made by him. Its a lot better reading this thread when you don't have to see any of that crap.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
That's why most of us have set our settings to ignore all post made by him. Its a lot better reading this thread when you don't have to see any of that crap.
+1 to Bill. Guys I put him on my ignore list a few weeks ago. Do yourselves a favour and do the same.. and let his posts fall on deaf ears.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Thanks!
Old 07-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.l.c.
I think your preching to the wrong group there Jspeed, if you notices theres no ROAR approved rules where we race and I think I speak for everyone that attends these races that one's it gets to competitive then the real reason we race goes out the window and that reason is called FUN. So quit pushing your body on to us "racers"
Very good point SLC! These cars were started by Kyosho and Ofna with FIA GT bodies which were: BMW M3, Nissan 350Z, Aston DB7, Corvette, McLaren F1, Audi DTM, Mercedes CLK, Ferrari F430.

Would be extremely odd if ROAR decided to outlaw all these bodies, because they were designed with the "rear wing" above the roof line.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.