Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On hobbypartz, tacon is about $50, leopard is about twice the cost, does it really worth the extra $ for a leopard motor
Old 06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
On hobbypartz, tacon is about $50, leopard is about twice the cost, does it really worth the extra $ for a leopard motor
Hard to tell. There's no guarantee with the Chinese made motors.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superspeed
Most of them are fine. But if you have luck like mine you will get the bad one.. Then you out the 50.00 and still have to get the right one.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay guys, the instruction is up:

http://www.stracingconcepts.com/arch...-instructions/

The conversion kits has been shipped to our distributors so they should be available through your shop to order by the end of the week. I'm working on a few follow up articles on the spring/oil/diff oil and also some tips on how to get the Slash 4x4 to handle on track

Steve
Old 06-29-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
hmmmmmmmm......what's here???
Hi Steve in San Diego lol,

I've been in search of a GT8E tire shore compound that works well from the start of the race all the way to the finish line.

I've had race success with certain shore ratings/tire packages when the weather was cooler. Great from start to finish. No warm up needed and no tire degredation towards the 2nd half of the race. For my setup and style of driving, they were the perfect winter/early spring tire when ambient temps were 65 and below. I'm looking for a similar setup for this cheetah and zebra weather we are in now.

As with most of you, I have pretty much run most of the available tires from the different manufacturers. And we've all experienced the great first half of the race on X tires only to have them turn into a drift session at the 2nd half of the race. We've also had the opposite with X tires, where they need to reach race temps before they become VERY good. It is my hope to find a tire combo that does both.

JSPEED is referring to the higher shore ratings that are now available from Ipanema for all of us to try/run. With the extra heft of these conversions and GOBS of instant tq available from our brushless/lipo setups, the shore compounds most commonly used by our nitro bros don't work very well for us. I'm hoping that the higher shore compounds will hold up and not overheat.

I can't wait to try them. The wheels look great and the wide rear tire is what I hope the other manufacturers will take into consideration as well.

Competition breeds performance and better products, so us as racers and the drivers of this new "E" class all stand to make this class even bigger/better.

See you guys at the track!

Last edited by kcunamay; 06-30-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Hey you SoCal Guys,

How many race day(s) are you getting out of a set of tires?
Old 06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

This sunday July 3rd race in Oceanside.3375 mission ave at TC Hobby's It is about 4 miles east of I-5 on mission ave.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

I replaced the recommended foam bumper with the Kyosho IGT Ashton Martin DBR9Shaped Bumper (#KA90001) and it provides much better support for the lid I'm using. It will also reduce the crushing of the lid in the front since the lid rest right up against the foam bumper.

The foam bumper will require a little mod done so when at full turn the front tires don't hit the foam bumper.

Here's a photo.

Old 06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Tech Regular

I am glade to see it worked well.
Old 07-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like HPI will be doing some testing with some GT8 cars they made from spare parts. Gonna get another good group this Sunday at Surf City. Come on out peeps...gotta SURPRISE for you all this Sunday!
Old 07-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

We got em' coming.

http://www.igthobbies.com/SLASH-4X4-GT-PARTS_c_300.html
Old 07-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Tech Regular

We have a guy going to run the hot bodies car this sunday 3rd at TC hobby's We should also have a group of GT8 lites as well.. Looks to be a big fun day for the GT8's and GT8 lites..
Old 07-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by WildBillMassey
Wow!!! Great price Bill!! I should've waited....oh well. It gave me a few extra days to do some tweaks, here and there. I would advise you recommend to your customers to get the larger foam bumper. It will provide better support for the body and reduce the crushing effect on your lid if you run into someone. Also, if it's too big, they can always mod it to their liking.

STRC did a great job with this conversion kit!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Looks like HPI will be doing some testing with some GT8 cars they made from spare parts. Gonna get another good group this Sunday at Surf City. Come on out peeps...gotta SURPRISE for you all this Sunday!
If it's the conversion they made that chased me all day long at surf city's toys for tots race....then we've got something big coming!
Old 07-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Great customer service from RC4LESS!

I just thought I would share a recent experience I had with RC4LESS.com. I ordered a set of springs for my L8ight. They are shorter, stiffer and fit perfectly. The best part is the customer service. The first set was sent to the wrong adress, my fault, not their's. I called and explained what happened, they sent me another set at NO CHARGE! That is customer service and they now have a customer for life.

If you are a GTE racer running a Losi, their springs willl let you get the ride height much lower without compressing the spring or using the droop screw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.