Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ToxicRC
just finished programming my forward/brake only..things are looking good. I will post a pic in just a min of the setup. No body on yet
Sweet, are you going to be able to get to Mike's tomorrow?

Old 05-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whipnet
I mentioned turning off the reverse in our conversation last night.
Glad you got it!

I have reverse and speed control braking turned off (brakes you just set to 0) All you need is forward.

Did you adjust your transmission any for the 2speed shift? I have not heard mine shift unless it is doing it very early on. I know it's running in 2nd, because I can hit over 60mph on 4s. I just need to look at mine, but it hasn't been a problem (so much torque), so I have not yet.

I have not made any gearing adjustments yet but when it hit 2nd twice yesterday I could tell. Now that I have breaks I can actually give it a test run with some speed. I did not want to punch the throttle too hard with 0 brakes lol
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I am going to talk to the wife and father-in-law today about it. I know I got house cleaning for our guests this weekend. I will let you know as soon as I know.

Here are some pix of the completed rig without body. Body goes on today.
Attached Thumbnails GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-ofna-dm-1-uncovered-complete.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-ofna-dm-1-completed-side.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-ofna-dm-1-completed.jpg  
Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
Is there a consesus on the best tires to run in Corona? Next best?

Clay
At Corona, PMT's seems to work the best, followed by Sweeps. Jai likes the Impanemas there as well.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Charlie,
Victor will be there Saturday to meet with you. We have some new sample GRP rally tires coming in should be here in a week or so. We would like you to give us some input.

Thanks!
Angel C.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have not made any gearing adjustments yet but when it hit 2nd twice yesterday I could tell. Now that I have breaks I can actually give it a test run with some speed. I did not want to punch the throttle too hard with 0 brakes lol
Yep these things are brutally fast. Mine seems to hit a higher speed like a boost when I hit close to top speed, but I was thinking this is where the Tekin shifts from sensored to non-sensored giving it a boost, but maybe that is 2nd gear. Harder to tell with electric. If anyone has experience with this, please chime in.

Having yours to compare will help us both understand it better. I think.

There are adjustments to the transmission shift points through a small hole in the spool.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

I am going to talk to the wife and father-in-law today about it. I know I got house cleaning for our guests this weekend. I will let you know as soon as I know.

Here are some pix of the completed rig without body. Body goes on today.
Looks very familiar... which is awesome of course!

I'll probably plan a trip out there either way. Hope you can make it. Driving your DM-1 on the street is like off-road for it. The track is smooth as silk.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
At Corona, PMT's seems to work the best, followed by Sweeps. Jai likes the Impanemas there as well.
Hey Charlie no he does not like Impanemas even with those new wide rears. He got lap twice in the qualifier until he switch to PMT.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
lol. no fun getting lapped either. hahaha. The main was more fun though! We should be able to battle in both qualifiers as well as the main this time around. Looks like the SD crew will be coming out in force! Can't wait.

Forget shock springs, oil, diff weight, camber, caster, toe, droop, ride height, etc....

The single biggest change you can do for the GT8E cars is TIRES!!!!

Believe that.

2 seconds off the mark last time out. Quick change of tires and was instantly in the game.

How do you guys feel about running a spec tire? I believe that is the great equalizer. Driving/setup skills would play a huge role, vs whose car has the correct tires for the day and is able to lay down the power.

I'll post it in OC CIRCUIT's thread to ask the GT8E guys that we run with.
Jai you always say the San diego guys will show up in force, but the only guys that show up is "Smoking Jerry, FangCPO and Aaron all the Tekno boys are scared out of their mind they won't show.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Well same thing happened. Shifted to 2nd gear and 1st gear pinion popped out. Had blue loctite on as well. Hmmm
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well same thing happened. Shifted to 2nd gear and 1st gear pinion popped out. Had blue loctite on as well. Hmmm
When you say popped out, do you mean the gear unscrews and falls off the clutch bell? Or the first gear on the transmission?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

When you say popped out, do you mean the gear unscrews and falls off the clutch bell? Or the first gear on the transmission?
Small pinion spins loose and falls off cb when shifting to 2 nd gear.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Small pinion spins loose and falls off cb when shifting to 2 nd gear.
Too weird... hopefully you can make it out to Mike's tomorrow.

If not, maybe we can arrange to meet elsewhere to check it out.

Out of curiosity, do you hear it switch gears? Does the screaming monkey make a different sound after it shifts?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Too weird... hopefully you can make it out to Mike's tomorrow.

If not, maybe we can arrange to meet elsewhere to check it out.

Out of curiosity, do you hear it switch gears? Does the screaming monkey make a different sound after it shifts?

what time would you want to go out tomorrow...it really depends on that..later afternoon might work for me. Still trying to see whats up.

So far when I have had it shift it actually runs a little quieter and the gears sound smooth..but I only got to 2nd gear for a second or 2 before I had to stop from the small pinion coming loose
Old 05-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

what time would you want to go out tomorrow...it really depends on that..later afternoon might work for me. Still trying to see whats up.

So far when I have had it shift it actually runs a little quieter and the gears sound smooth..but I only got to 2nd gear for a second or 2 before I had to stop from the small pinion coming loose
I usually try to get out there by noon so I can head back before traffic. Don't want a 2 hour drive home.

Make it if you can.

(I can never find a place to top mine out. I am chicken on my street due to cars and curbs and I can only get there for about 1/2 second on the back stretch at Mikes before I have to brake hard)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.