Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRRobiso
This hobby is all about building expensive toys and having fun with. That's the way I look at it. Having a good time playing with our expensinve toys.
Two very good key words, "expensive" and "toys". So let's have fun!!!!!
Old 10-22-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Two very good key words, "expensive" and "toys". So let's have fun!!!!!
We're on the same page.
Old 10-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Quote: Originally Posted by FangsCPO Two very good key words, "expensive" and "toys". So let's have fun!!!!! We're on the same page.
JR.. You building a GT e ?
Old 10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BTW...if you guys have not known yet, Kyosho is having their big warehouse sale. The last one was 2 years ago and they were selling the MP7 RTR for $75!!!!! I know...SUPER DEAL! So all teh GT8 Inferno GT guys, or peeps looking for a Inferno GT...this sale might be in your best interest!

Old 10-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Raman
JR.. You building a GT e ?
Still up in the air for me. Just bought the new .25 OS motor for my GT2 awhile back. Want to play with my nitro kits just can't find the time to do it. If I do plan to go e-powered, I would have to first sell some of my TRF TC's to support the project. To make things even more complicated, I want to get the Durango DNX408 and sell my 801x. Correction, sell my TRF TC's, 801x, K Nitro TC and then get the DNX408. I'm already getting a headache just posting my ideas.

I'm lost. lol
Old 10-22-2010, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by charlie_b
BTW...if you guys have not known yet, Kyosho is having their big warehouse sale. The last one was 2 years ago and they were selling the MP7 RTR for $75!!!!! I know...SUPER DEAL! So all teh GT8 Inferno GT guys, or peeps looking for a Inferno GT...this sale might be in your best interest!
Oh no... DAN turn your eyes away.. It's a the SUPER CRACK SALE
Old 10-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Champion

Quote: Originally Posted by Raman JR.. You building a GT e ? Still up in the air for me. Just bought the new .25 OS motor for my GT2 awhile back. Want to play with my nitro kits just can't find the time to do it. If I do plan to go e-powered, I would have to first sell some of my TRF TC's to support the project. To make things even more complicated, I want to get the Durango DNX408 and sell my 801x. Correction, sell my TRF TC's, 801x, K Nitro TC and then get the DNX408. I'm already getting a headache just posting my ideas. I'm lost. lol
Sell the trf collection... You're a heretic! Lol
Old 10-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ok, ran today on a dusty slick track. What are you guys running for diff fluids? I've got whatever came in the front, 500k center and 3k rear. Also, what about shock fluids? I haven't cracked anything open on the DM1 yet, just want to get an idea of where to start.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markw
Ok, ran today on a dusty slick track. What are you guys running for diff fluids? I've got whatever came in the front, 500k center and 3k rear. Also, what about shock fluids? I haven't cracked anything open on the DM1 yet, just want to get an idea of where to start.

Thanks,
Mark
I'm runnning 7k, 50k, 3k in diffs w/ current limit set @ 80% and 80wt all around in the shocks, but I could use some better tires then the stock v-tread tires though.

Last edited by RC Passion; 10-25-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Passion
I'm runnning 7k, 50k, 3k in diffs w/ current limit set @ 80% and 80wt all around in the shocks, but I could use some better tires then the stock v-tread tires though.
Hey Jerry,

Wow!! You diff oil recommendations are really low as compared to the stock recommendations (Front = 100K and Rear = 50K) I'm not saying they are wrong just really different. So I'm curious, can I pick your brain as to what brought you to those numbers? I did followed your recommendation to go to a white spring (medium) for the front shocks. I find it made the front more solid for me. I likes!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by markw

Thanks,
Mark
Hey Mark,

The Tekno guys had recommended threaded tires for parking lots and I got curious and got some slicks, not high quality ones, just the ones from OFNA. The slicks were horrible. I went back to the OFNA threaded tires and it was like night and day. Granted those aren't high quality tires but going from OFNA slicks to OFNA threaded was a big difference. I think once you get those threaded tires you mentioned you'll see a difference, especially if you are running in a parking lot.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default OFNA GTP2

I have got to get me one of these!

I've been running 1/8 E buggy for about a year now and I've been looking for something else to run; this looks like just the thing...

Is the OFNA GTP2 a competitive car? I'd prefer 2 X 2s saddle packs instead of the 4s on one side; how's the ballance on this car?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Jim F.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catch-Air
I have got to get me one of these!

I've been running 1/8 E buggy for about a year now and I've been looking for something else to run; this looks like just the thing...

Is the OFNA GTP2 a competitive car? I'd prefer 2 X 2s saddle packs instead of the 4s on one side; how's the ballance on this car?

Thanks in advance for the info,

Jim F.
For this class is ALL TIRES. You got the right tires, you will be dialed. The GTP2E is a great car.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Charlie how is your Silver Arrow 2 holding up? Mine burned up yesterday after running for only a few minutes. Everything was cool except the ESC, and the only thing melted was the switch wire. Too bad, it was running great. Do you have any experience with Speed Passion's customer service?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
For this class is ALL TIRES. You got the right tires, you will be dialed. The GTP2E is a great car.
Ooo, wonder how their new Nexx8 would work as an onroad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.