R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2010, 12:04 AM   #1036
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
I hope to see all of you guys this coming Sun in Corona.
Yup, I'll be there!!!


And oh ya, I'd love to race that awesome track in Mexico one of these days when the economy starts puttin' out again........ maybe then I could afford a dream race trip like that...... and still be able to have a vacation when the racing is done.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:25 AM   #1037
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,512
Default

Dan,

Its cool, just wanted to give ya'll an invite to come run with us.

Great opportunity for companies looking to help grow GT racing, show their products and have fun with an international audience.
Take care.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #1038
Tech Elite
 
pinoy69racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,586
Trader Rating: 179 (99%+)
Default

thats a lot of fun running my brand new dm1 at corona and looks like need more adjustment of my car, first time running outdoor and it is so cool, see you again for next gt8 race..
pinoy69racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #1039
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ya, I had a good time yesterday in spite of the the rather chilly temps. I've still got lots of chassis setup to do to get my DM1-s dialed but I'm getting closer and made some big strides yesterday.

My biggest problem yesterday was getting enough heat into the PMTs on that cold pavement. For the first few laps I was gettin' my drift on and by about 8 laps into the race they finally started to get some grip and were just starting to hook up really well by the time the race was over. I think I want to try out some Sweeps, they don't seem so temperature sensitive. I really don't want to get involved with tire warmers if I don't have to.

One thing I've noticed about these cars, they will flip pretty easily if you tag a corner "dot" or course marker, it really surprised me a couple times, it takes much less than you would imagine.

Thanks again to DJ of the Ofna crew for coming up with a spare pinion for me after mine decided to exit the car on it's own, grrr....
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #1040
Tech Elite
 
-R2-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: So Cal.
Posts: 2,268
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
Ya, I had a good time yesterday in spite of the the rather chilly temps. I've still got lots of chassis setup to do to get my DM1-s dialed but I'm getting closer and made some big strides yesterday.

My biggest problem yesterday was getting enough heat into the PMTs on that cold pavement. For the first few laps I was gettin' my drift on and by about 8 laps into the race they finally started to get some grip and were just starting to hook up really well by the time the race was over. I think I want to try out some Sweeps, they don't seem so temperature sensitive. I really don't want to get involved with tire warmers if I don't have to.

One thing I've noticed about these cars, they will flip pretty easily if you tag a corner "dot" or course marker, it really surprised me a couple times, it takes much less than you would imagine.

Thanks again to DJ of the Ofna crew for coming up with a spare pinion for me after mine decided to exit the car on it's own, grrr....

No problem Dan, yours might have spun off and wizzzed it's to the bushes good luck in trying to find that one.
__________________
SOAR SEIKI 998,Truggy, Buggy and Electric
Flashpoint Fuel/Savox/
-R2- PAINTS/PRO-LINE RACING/AIRTRONICS
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:49 PM   #1041
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -R2- View Post
No problem Dan, yours might have spun off and wizzzed it's to the bushes good luck in trying to find that one.
After searching the track pretty good I think you're right.

I'm planning on adding a simple little screwed on tab to the chassis to prevent the pinion from actually "exiting the car" the next time, even if I loose the setscrew it will stay on the motor shaft. It will be simple and easy and I won't have to sweat actually loosing the dang thing next time. I did use loctite when I put the last one on so.......
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #1042
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,080
Default

So is there any GT8 racing this coming up weekend? I know the Toys for Tots is next weekend. What's the scoop? I'm getting rid of the last holiday guests by Wednesday. Oh yeah!!!!!
__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:48 PM   #1043
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
So is there any GT8 racing this coming up weekend? I know the Toys for Tots is next weekend. What's the scoop? I'm getting rid of the last holiday guests by Wednesday. Oh yeah!!!!!

I think surfcity is this weekend, I have to work doing a server move over the weekend. Jerry cleaned up at Corona. Got out clean from the first turn and they never caught him.

Mark
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:53 PM   #1044
Tech Fanatic
 
RC Passion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 975
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
I think surfcity is this weekend, I have to work doing a server move over the weekend. Jerry cleaned up at Corona. Got out clean from the first turn and they never caught him.

Mark
If it wasn't for Markw I would not even have had a chance! He loaned a battery to me for practice! And I didn't even have a battery fully charged for the A-main, because i had to use my last battery in the B-main. He then gave me a boost charge for my batts using his "super duper" charger so i can have a chance at the A-main!
Thank you Mark!
That's one for the books! I'm glad we took one home!
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 12:01 AM   #1045
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,694
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Yep, Surf City this Sunday! All i can say is WOW!!! Jerry cleaned house in teh B-main, STarting LAST in the A-Main, he got into first then he said BYE BYE to everyone!!! We are continually getting new faces in GT8 and the class is going strong!!! So if anyone wants to get their cars Dialed in for the Toys 4 Tots race, come on out this Sunday! Think of it as a warm up race!

we had 13 GT8's out this Sunday, even with the holiday schedule...i thing GT8 will be the biggest class at the Toys 4 Tots race in Surf City!

It was great meeting Henry and Darryl, newcomers to the GT8 Scene. It will be a good 2 weeks!
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 AM   #1046
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
All i can say is WOW!!! Jerry cleaned house in teh B-main, STarting LAST in the A-Main, he got into first then he said BYE BYE to everyone!!! We are continually getting new faces in GT8 and the class is going strong!!! We had 13 GT8's out this Sunday, even with the holiday schedule..
It was great to have some new racers in the class, SNR got his wish as everybody really stepped up the pace. Several of us are still getting our cars dialed in so I think the pace will keep getting faster.

No doubt there are several contenders for the podium these days which is the way it should be. I also like that there doesn't seem to be any one car or setup that is way out front, that is the best part. I think the only thing many of us found is how hard it is to keep the PMTs at their best operating temperature. The A-main was stopped early by a timing loop cut and by the time it got restarted the tires had cooled back down and it was back to drifting for a few more laps until they warmed back up.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #1047
Registered User
 
snrscion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion
Default

I had problems this past weekend, I was trying out some new electronics which did not pan out. The car handle great it just the sensor motors I was running could not handle the load.
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:56 AM   #1048
Tech Regular
 
-TC5racer-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tomball,TX
Posts: 399
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
I had problems this past weekend, I was trying out some new electronics which did not pan out. The car handle great it just the sensor motors I was running could not handle the load.
What stuff were you trying out?
__________________
GTPe-RX8-Neu 1515/1D | DM-1Se-RX8-Plettenburg MAXX | Losi GT8e-RX8-Hacker C50-9L |X1 CRT Pro-MMM-CC1717 | SCRT10-RX8-Hacker CMaxx | MHyperSte-RSpro-LMT XL4200 | TC5-RSpro-LRP 4.5 | TC3-RSpro-LRP 10.5 | B44-R1pro-Tekin 268
Just to name a few!!!
-TC5racer- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #1049
Registered User
 
snrscion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC5racer- View Post
What stuff were you trying out?
Well I was running Castle MMP with LRP 2500kv motor, it was real smooth power band but the motor could not handle the load and spun the rotor. The second motor was a Novak 4.5HV which was very fast but over heated the esc and kept stalling the esc. I am going to try a Tekin 2050 next.
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #1050
Tech Regular
 
snellemin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 278
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrscion View Post
Well I was running Castle MMP with LRP 2500kv motor, it was real smooth power band but the motor could not handle the load and spun the rotor. The second motor was a Novak 4.5HV which was very fast but over heated the esc and kept stalling the esc. I am going to try a Tekin 2050 next.

Yes, the GTP chassis needs a 1000W motor as a minimum.

I have the LRP 2500kv motor as well and it's only good for 3S applications in lighter cars. My son hated the motor in his hyper7. Mind you he is 8 yrs old only. He begged to put the old motor back, which is the Hacker C50-13L 1900kv motor. That class motor is the perfect power plant for GTP and Buggy's. Super smooth and quick spool up with the right amount of torque.
__________________
6 KiloWatt Racer
GTP-1515 2700kv+RX8. GTP-C50-6L Hacker+RX8. CRT.5-C50-Maxx+modded RSpro.
RCM CRT.5 Neu 1506 6800kv+MMM.

Last edited by snellemin; 11-30-2010 at 12:43 PM.
snellemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 03:11 AM
SS Raceway in Tampa Rojna Florida Racing 5042 07-15-2014 12:03 AM
Looking for 1/10 Electric Racers on the New Asphalt at Mikes, Houston John Stranahan Texas Racing 495 10-08-2010 03:55 PM
2008 BLUE DIAMOND/G FORCE ONOAD SCENE spurcheck Racing Forum 1772 04-16-2009 09:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:29 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net