Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Okay after all the glowing comments, I'll be adding the PMTs to my tire collection. I just got an e-mail, they are in the mail. Sweet!!! Looking forward to see how these help in improving my bad driving.

I'm looking forward to Corona on the 21st. What other classes are they running up there these days??
Old 11-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Okay after all the glowing comments, I'll be adding the PMTs to my tire collection. I just got an e-mail, they are in the mail. Sweet!!! Looking forward to see how these help in improving my bad driving.

I'm looking forward to Corona on the 21st. What other classes are they running up there these days??
We run RCGT/GT10, Non Boosted TC, Boosted TC, Expert Boosted TC, Mod Sedan, SHortcoaurse, Gearbox, Mini, Rookie, GT8, Mini 4wd.

We pretty much run them all so come on out!!!

HEre is a vid from This weekend...sorry about teh bad filming..i'll get someone better next time.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the info Charlie!
Old 11-10-2010, 04:42 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Charlie looking forward to Corona, I'll be ready for you Eric.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by charlie_b
HEre is a vid from This weekend...sorry about teh bad filming..i'll get someone better next time.
It's not that bad considering it was taken with a phone.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by -R2-
They work good around here you just need to put some heat in them, when they get into the track you'll here them screech.
Yup, they need heat big time. Expect to need at least 5 hot laps or so before the start to stick well. Your first couple of laps will be almost like drifting so be easy on the throttle till they warm up.

That's the only bad thing I've got to say about the PMTs........ and well the fugly rims, but they are durable.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Dan,

We invited GT Electric cars at our USGT Nats event in Chicago, but not one racer registered. If there's a group of a few Electric guys that want to run with us I will open the class for you.

I don't own an electric GT yet, but I believe in the class very much. This is a great opportunity for companies in this class to show the world their R/C products in a true racing enviroment.
I don't think the electric power for this class has hit the big time yet, but it will. The format for the racing may have to be altered a bit, meaning no 45 min mains, that sort of thing.

For club racing I think it will come to dominate just like it has for 1/10 racing. It's just so much easier for everybody involved and eliminates the noise hassles many tracks have to deal with. That is a huge issue here in SoCal.

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Hope to see some of you'll this March in Mexico!
I'd love to go just to check out the racing there, but to be honest, traveling in Mexico right now isn't high on my priority list. They need to get those drug cartels under control first. I did a motorcycle ride in Baja earlier this year and went through 3 military check points in 200 miles, that kinda set the tone for me. It will be a while till I go back, which sucks cuz I like Mexico.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by danketchpel
It's not that bad considering it was taken with a phone.
Wow!!! That was a video from a phone!!! I'm very impressed.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danketchpel
Yup, they need heat big time. Expect to need at least 5 hot laps or so before the start to stick well. Your first couple of laps will be almost like drifting so be easy on the throttle till they warm up.

That's the only bad thing I've got to say about the PMTs........ and well the fugly rims, but they are durable.
I put my car out in the sun so the tires would work in quick, the shade on that Sun. was too cold, plus I lit the tires up just like I had a new clutch in my gas buggy.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Ok Just got my new Gtp2e running. WOW this thing is fast! and the steering is Super responsive. I'm not sure if the pinion is meshed right with the spur. I have the stock spool 51t spur with stock pinion 14t. It seems a bit noisy when i run it. The spur seems to be in good shape after about 20 mins of runtime. So, maybe it's not supposed to be super quiet. I'm running mmm combo 2200kv. Also has anyone experimented with a 16t or 17t pinion and stock spur. If so, what advantages would that bring over the stock 14t.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:25 PM

I am getting me some tire warmers.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by wingstreet
Ok Just got my new Gtp2e running. WOW this thing is fast! and the steering is Super responsive. I'm not sure if the pinion is meshed right with the spur. I have the stock spool 51t spur with stock pinion 14t. It seems a bit noisy when i run it. The spur seems to be in good shape after about 20 mins of runtime. So, maybe it's not supposed to be super quiet. I'm running mmm combo 2200kv. Also has anyone experimented with a 16t or 17t pinion and stock spur. If so, what advantages would that bring over the stock 14t.
These mod 1 gears tend to be a little loud just check your mesh make sure you are not to tight.

I run 2650 with 14t so if you're running 2200 I would gear it 16t. Hope that helps.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks SNR, I will go to my lhs and pickup a 16t pinion. Also I would like to maybe change the ride height using the spring adjusters. I assume you just turn the threaded part of the upper shock body to put more load on the springs?
Old 11-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wingstreet
Thanks SNR, I will go to my lhs and pickup a 16t pinion. Also I would like to maybe change the ride height using the spring adjusters. I assume you just turn the threaded part of the upper shock body to put more load on the springs?

That is correct more pre-load will raise the ride height. Always check your camber after making a ride height adjustment.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Anyone use plastic spurs on their center diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.