R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #76
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Do those Protoform bodies have an adjustable wheelbase? Or are the back wheel wells already marked? Thanks
TYLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:04 PM   #77
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLORD View Post
Do those Protoform bodies have an adjustable wheelbase? Or are the back wheel wells already marked? Thanks
not much room to fudge the wheelbase on these if you want to stay within the mold lines. Otherwise I'm sure you can move them as much as you want to. These definitely won't fit a GT2 truggy type chassis.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #78
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Riceman: do you make the decals as well? I so I need your help on my F430 .. Did the paint scheme but need the tafel racing decals
Raman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:20 PM   #79
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Riceman: do you make the decals as well? I so I need your help on my F430 .. Did the paint scheme but need the tafel racing decals
Like this?

I do make my own masks and paint as much as I can. The smaller detail are done with inkjet on vinyl sticker paper. It doesn't last as long or lay as flat as true vinyl decals but much cheaper to produce. I pull most of my logos from Brandsoftheworld.com.
rice_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #80
Tech Elite

That would be her. Paint is done.. Just need to source decals
Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #81
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman
That would be her. Paint is done.. Just need to source decals
Thanks for the link.. I always wondered where people get their logos.. I'm handy with Photoshop and suck at illustrator.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:17 PM   #82
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
I can't speak for Matt but a couple of us were running 45sh slicks on GT spoke rims. Typical temps out here in San Diego is 75-78 degrees. Not sure what foam inserts they are but if it helps they were purchased over a year ago. I don't seem to recall there being an option for different foams back then.
We've made some excellent improvments to our tires in the past few months.

Shore selection help is available from us, just try to give a more detailed report. Some softer shores may start off well, and get overheated loosing traction at the end of a run. Our softer inserts offer a wider tuning window for racers that like that too.

We often find that GT racers that understand our tire shore/inserts do best with our slicks and each track is different. Once all the variables are figured out, it very hard to find a faster product.

Ipanema tires have set many TQs, won many big races and have been on the podium at a lot of the GT races they're in.

We're always looking for good dealers in your area too.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #83
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLORD View Post
Do those bodies have an adjustable wheelbase? Or are the back wheel wells already marked? Thanks
If you're looking for a fast & adjustable GT body, check out our "Warrior"

We're all about GT Racing.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #84
Tech Elite

We should have a GT tyre shoot out at the track in SD... One car, one driver and test

1. Ofna foams
2. Bsr foams
3. Ipanemas
4. Pmt
5. GRP / Losi
6. Alpha RC
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #85
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
not much room to fudge the wheelbase on these if you want to stay within the mold lines. Otherwise I'm sure you can move them as much as you want to. These definitely won't fit a GT2 truggy type chassis.

Thanks for the info, that saved me $30. I am running a Thunder Tiger truggy chassis so that body def won't work. Looks like I will have to spend the cash on a GT2 body.
TYLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #86
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLORD
Quote: Originally Posted by rice_man not much room to fudge the wheelbase on these if you want to stay within the mold lines. Otherwise I'm sure you can move them as much as you want to. These definitely won't fit a GT2 truggy type chassis. Thanks for the info, that saved me $30. I am running a Thunder Tiger truggy chassis so that body def won't work. Looks like I will have to spend the cash on a GT2 body.
What is the wheelbase of your truggy? Most are around 380mm.

Igt2 is 360mm Which is slightly shorter than most truggys.. Buggies are 325mm.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:54 PM   #87
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

This is definitely one of the coolest ideas out there! I wish i was able to make it to the Socal-RC race to see these in action. I saw the youtube videos and it was awesome.

Well I currently have an RC8T-E truggy. Is it possible to convert this to onroad GT? Are there any bodies that are large enough to fit this? Is the track of the car too wide for the current bodies? Can custom shock towers be designed for this car?

Any other information would be helpful. I am currently looking to sell the car since I dont have a desire to really run offroad anymore but if I can find a way to run it in an onroad class, that would be awesome!

Chi
Old 06-29-2010, 04:02 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Your skills at paint are phenomenal! I need to get my spare Corvette body in your hands eventually. I will try and find a Corvette paint scheme I like and see what you think.
js058515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:15 PM   #89
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529
This is definitely one of the coolest ideas out there! I wish i was able to make it to the Socal-RC race to see these in action. I saw the youtube videos and it was awesome. Well I currently have an RC8T-E truggy. Is it possible to convert this to onroad GT? Are there any bodies that are large enough to fit this? Is the track of the car too wide for the current bodies? Can custom shock towers be designed for this car? Any other information would be helpful. I am currently looking to sell the car since I dont have a desire to really run offroad anymore but if I can find a way to run it in an onroad class, that would be awesome! Chi __________________ Chirag Patel (San Diego, CA) My Rides: CEFX Evolution <--> X-Factory SCX-60 <--> Associated RC8TE Where I Race: Discount Hobby Warehouse <--> 1/8 Wonder at Barona <--> WCRC
Truggy chassis is too long... Most are around 380mm wheelbase. You can make your own chassis that's 360mm for gt2 type bodies, or convert yours to an RC8
Old 06-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #90
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Thanks for the help. Converting to an RC8 is a little more expensive than what I want to do. Figured that if I could do it without switching too many things it may be worth it..