R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #781
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLORD View Post
Hey Charlie how is your Silver Arrow 2 holding up? Mine burned up yesterday after running for only a few minutes. Everything was cool except the ESC, and the only thing melted was the switch wire. Too bad, it was running great. Do you have any experience with Speed Passion's customer service?
You should have no issues with them. ALbert is the guy to talk to from Speedpassion. If you have any issues, let me know.

So far so good with the Silver Arrow. I kept the settings all stock, just programed it to run with my radio. I am actually liking it alot!!! It ran the whole 7 minute race with no hickups. Im liking it much better than the HV system.


Quote:
Originally Posted by markw View Post
Ooo, wonder how their new Nexx8 would work as an onroad.
I actually getting some AKA's to try from Jimmy Wright. I will test them next week at Surf City. You going?
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 PM   #782
Tech Regular
 
kcunamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default another contender for racing GT8 at Corona.

LOSI GT8ightE

I hope all of the SCAL peeps along with all the newcomers show up to run this awesome class with us.


__________________
Jai Cunamay - Racing 1 class sucks.
kcunamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:47 AM   #783
Tech Fanatic
 
RC Passion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 977
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Hey Jerry,

Wow!! You diff oil recommendations are really low as compared to the stock recommendations (Front = 100K and Rear = 50K) I'm not saying they are wrong just really different. So I'm curious, can I pick your brain as to what brought you to those numbers? I did followed your recommendation to go to a white spring (medium) for the front shocks. I find it made the front more solid for me. I likes!!!
I wouldn't recommend running my setup...it's just what i use right now that suites my driving style. I've raced truggy's for a while so i set it up similar to my truggies i've had in the past.
Lighter oil in the front helps me have more steering. I can turn on a dime, keep a tight line and make 1/10 sedans jealous!
I like the center a little light compared to most. It allows the car to pull more than push reducing spin-outs and accelerates more straight.
Running 3k in the back helps again with more off power steeering.
Our parking lot tracks here are very tight and technical compared to many other tracks abroad. I'd go thicker in the front and back diffs for those larger tracks like HobbyTown Corona to gain higher cornering speed like in big sweepers. Experiement w/ different fluids, but make one change at a time so you can see what effect it has on your car.
Corona here we come!

Last edited by RC Passion; 10-26-2010 at 12:46 PM.
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:55 PM   #784
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Oh no... DAN turn your eyes away.. It's a the SUPER CRACK SALE


Hmm..... tempting. I need some replacement parts for my IGT.........

I wonder if they will have any Ferrari bodies on sale?

It's a long drive for me just for some parts..... but if I can crash someplace down there Surf City is in that direction with the race the next day.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #785
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post

At this point, i see no reason to limit anything until we have enough people to actually separate the class. The way i see it, the only thing i'd like to enforce right now is GT Type Bodies(no Lola 8th scale bodies) and Foam tires.
I'd agree. So far it doesn't look like the various motor options are making that much difference which is a good thing. It might come down to tires at some point.


Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Other than that, lets have FUN and maybe have some sorta dinner/meeting after the race and hang out. Us GT8 peeps need to stick together!
I'd be up for an after race dinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TC5racer- View Post
Man I wish I lived there so I could race with you guy's!!! I feel like I'm all alone here in TX although I'm not. It's not like Cali.
Dude, until recently we had no consistent 1/8 GT racing scene here. I've been jealous of the guys in Florida and other places that had a consistent showing.

I'm hoping the advent of BL power makes this class become much more popular.

One of the main issues out here is track size. Most of the existing tracks are 1/10 oriented. I wish we still had Sun Valley Raceway that was a real 1/8 scale track. Charlie started opening up this track layouts earlier this year and they are big enough to have fun with these cars, they do need some room to play, LOL.
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:20 PM   #786
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel View Post
I'd agree. So far it doesn't look like the various motor options are making that much difference which is a good thing. It might come down to tires at some point.
Dan, it always comes down to tires, aerodynamics, gearing, set-up, driver ability and being lucky.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #787
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,152
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danketchpel
Quote: Originally Posted by charlie_b At this point, i see no reason to limit anything until we have enough people to actually separate the class. The way i see it, the only thing i'd like to enforce right now is GT Type Bodies(no Lola 8th scale bodies) and Foam tires. I'd agree. So far it doesn't look like the various motor options are making that much difference which is a good thing. It might come down to tires at some point. Quote: Originally Posted by charlie_b Other than that, lets have FUN and maybe have some sorta dinner/meeting after the race and hang out. Us GT8 peeps need to stick together! I'd be up for an after race dinner. Quote: Originally Posted by -TC5racer- Man I wish I lived there so I could race with you guy's!!! I feel like I'm all alone here in TX although I'm not. It's not like Cali. Dude, until recently we had no consistent 1/8 GT racing scene here. I've been jealous of the guys in Florida and other places that had a consistent showing. I'm hoping the advent of BL power makes this class become much more popular. One of the main issues out here is track size. Most of the existing tracks are 1/10 oriented. I wish we still had Sun Valley Raceway that was a real 1/8 scale track. Charlie started opening up this track layouts earlier this year and they are big enough to have fun with these cars, they do need some room to play, LOL.
I'm glad Charlie opened up the track, i just hope the next time he avoids having that tree at the end of the back straight... For some reason it kept taunting me with, "come on, give me your best shot, show what you got" lol! And sure enough WACK!!!
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:13 PM   #788
Tech Regular
 
kcunamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I'm glad Charlie opened up the track, i just hope the next time he avoids having that tree at the end of the back straight... For some reason it kept taunting me with, "come on, give me your best shot, show what you got" lol! And sure enough WACK!!!
hahahahaha. Too funny!

It was great meeting you Raman. I hope you continue to make it out to our GT8 events. Too bad we can't move that tree for you, it's always at the end of the straightaway All it means is you need to come out more often to corona to learn the track. You get used to it.

After running the GT8's and going back to 10th sedan, the cars look so tiny! It takes me a min to remember the spacing for the fast line. hahaha.
__________________
Jai Cunamay - Racing 1 class sucks.
kcunamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #789
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 120
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
I actually getting some AKA's to try from Jimmy Wright. I will test them next week at Surf City. You going?
AKA getting into the 1/8 on road market?
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #790
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,152
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
hahahahaha. Too funny!

It was great meeting you Raman. I hope you continue to make it out to our GT8 events. Too bad we can't move that tree for you, it's always at the end of the straightaway All it means is you need to come out more often to corona to learn the track. You get used to it.

After running the GT8's and going back to 10th sedan, the cars look so tiny! It takes me a min to remember the spacing for the fast line. hahaha.
I'll be at Surf City for sure. Corona was a heck of a drive but if Dan can make it, then I have no excuse!

As for that tree.. well it wasnt so much the tree as the curb surrounding it lol. Serves me right for trying a drastic suspension change in between heats.. live and learn!
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 01:38 AM   #791
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

We should have a good turnout at Surf City November 7th, 2010. Here it is. Hope the GT8's show up..i think i got my car pretty close now.



dimensions are 170'x70'
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #792
Tech Master
 
FangsCPO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Passion View Post
I wouldn't recommend running my setup...it's just what i use right now that suites my driving style. I've raced truggy's for a while so i set it up similar to my truggies i've had in the past.
Lighter oil in the front helps me have more steering. I can turn on a dime, keep a tight line and make 1/10 sedans jealous!
I like the center a little light compared to most. It allows the car to pull more than push reducing spin-outs and accelerates more straight.
Running 3k in the back helps again with more off power steeering.
Our parking lot tracks here are very tight and technical compared to many other tracks abroad. I'd go thicker in the front and back diffs for those larger tracks like HobbyTown Corona to gain higher cornering speed like in big sweepers. Experiement w/ different fluids, but make one change at a time so you can see what effect it has on your car.
Corona here we come!
Thanks Bro, I now see the reason to your madness.
__________________
Losi 5ive-T - OBR G320RC "Reed" 31.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-T - "2WD PRO2" OBR G290RC 30.5cc Full Mod
Losi 5ive-B - OBR G320RC 31.5cc Full Mod
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 05:38 PM   #793
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Camarillo, CA
Posts: 262
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
I'll be at Surf City for sure. Corona was a heck of a drive but if Dan can make it, then I have no excuse!
Ya, Corona is a bit of a drive for sure, but it's a nice place to race with a well stocked hobby shop right there plus food near by, a big plus. Surf City feels "remote" in comparison. I'm planning on being there. I should have my DM1-S under BL power by then, I'm very close now.

And Surf City racers don't forget to buy your $1 parking ticket!!! You get them from the ticket machines located around the parking lot. You have to check also, sometimes they aren't working so you have to try the next one. The police will ticket you if you don't have a paid ticket in the window of your vehicle, just ask Angie, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
As for that tree.. well it wasnt so much the tree as the curb surrounding it lol.
Ya, those planter boxes aren't the most car friendly. I'm thinking to bring some foam pipe insulation tubes (or ???) next time that we can duct tape on the curb faces. The foam tubing is way cheaper than car parts.

Surf City is more car friendly except for the curb at the end of the long straight. Maybe a section of foam tubing there would fix that?
__________________
DM1-S Tekin 2650Kv
MTX-3 MR .12
TA05 IFS-R Tekin 17.5
TA03R Cirtix 17.5 club spec
F109 Tekin 21.5
danketchpel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 AM   #794
Registered User
 
snrscion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Garden Grove
Posts: 959
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion
Default

Yeah can't wait to race again.
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 09:53 AM   #795
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,730
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Surf City This Sunday in Huntington Beach! ANyone in Cali coming up? Lets get rockin'!!! For more info, go to http://socal.rcracing.com

__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 03:11 AM
SS Raceway in Tampa Rojna Florida Racing 5042 07-15-2014 12:03 AM
Looking for 1/10 Electric Racers on the New Asphalt at Mikes, Houston John Stranahan Texas Racing 495 10-08-2010 03:55 PM
2008 BLUE DIAMOND/G FORCE ONOAD SCENE spurcheck Racing Forum 1772 04-16-2009 09:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net