R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 AM   #481
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

the sweep tires shore 45,50,55 does it means the temp it can handle?

whats the diff between the exp & gt series?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:20 AM   #482
Tech Elite

The numbers represent the tire's compound. Higher the number, the harder the tire compound. Harder tires also mean higher temperature tolerances. If the track surface is hot, then harder compound tires are going to be needed. Using softer tires on a hot surface will make the car vary loose, and will continue to lose their effective grip as temperatures go up.

A softer tire compound is best used when temperatures are low or advrage.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #483
Tech Lord

Thx, wats the diff between exp n gt series?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed
For you GT Electric racers that might not have heard or seen the results from the Ipanema Sports US GT Nats in Chicago... The Warriors ruled all weekend long. Warrior universal GT bodies are designed, tested and proven to win. It will make your E-GT cars faster too! Good luck, see you at the races.
While I'm glad to see that your bodies are doing well, it makes me wonder what effect it will have on the growth of this class.

I myself was drawn to this class because of the beautifully detailed bodies by Kyosho. Accurate licensed bodies are what made RCGT successful.

I personally feel bodies like the protoform PF8, and your warrior will eventually take this class in the direction of 1/10 nitro tc... Everyone running similar bodies based on how the handle. I don't fault the driver for wanting these bodies, because they want to win.

I do hope that in the near future that Kyosho diversifies their body offerings and perhaps HPI, Tamiya join in to offer us choices.

Then perhaps we can have a class where licensed bodies are run similar to RCGT 1/8 scale and open where anything goes.
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:33 PM   #485
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My company is working on licensing 2 very popular GT cars for the GT2 wheelbase. I will post details when I have them. It is a very long, expensive process.
TYLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:35 PM   #486
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYLORD
My company is working on licensing 2 very popular GT cars for the GT2 wheelbase. I will post details when I have them. It is a very long, expensive process.
Tylord,

That would be awesome, I've been looking for a new gt2 body to design a long chassis for my 801GTe! I believe you that it's a long and expensive process.. That's why I've was hoping one of the big companies would step up to the plate. But since you're going the lengths to license body, I'll be sure to buy a pair to give you my support.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:02 PM   #487
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
For you GT Electric racers that might not have heard or seen the results from the Ipanema Sports US GT Nats in Chicago...

The Warriors ruled all weekend long.

Warrior universal GT bodies are designed, tested and proven to win.
It will make your E-GT cars faster too!

Good luck, see you at the races.
Dumb question, if this was an Electric GT race, why is the winner holding a bottle of that nasty wet stuff?
Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:08 PM   #488
Tech Elite

What’s up gentleman?

Our US GT Nationals event was open to GT Electric cars; unfortunately none seemed to be able to attend. It would have been real cool to see the brushless monsters tearing up the track too; maybe next time.

The event podium pictures posted on this thread were to celebrate the event, the hard earned accomplishments of the dedicated GT racers that attended and to promote the racing abilities of our Warrior body to all GT-E enthusiasts too.

Best of luck to all of you, hope to see you gentleman at the races too!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #489
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
What’s up gentleman?

Our US GT Nationals event was open to GT Electric cars; unfortunately none seemed to be able to attend. It would have been real cool to see the brushless monsters tearing up the track too; maybe next time.

The event podium pictures posted on this thread were to celebrate the event, the hard earned accomplishments of the dedicated GT racers that attended and to promote the racing abilities of our Warrior body to all GT-E enthusiasts too.

Best of luck to all of you, hope to see you gentleman at the races too!
yes i hope to bring this class to Singapore too!
Old 09-16-2010, 03:56 AM   #490
Tech Fanatic

There are a few guys getting a GTe class going in Houston. They use modded Slash 4x4's underneath and swear by them.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:38 AM   #491
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
There are a few guys getting a GTe class going in Houston. They use modded Slash 4x4's underneath and swear by them.

Slash? Very light car but I wonder how they put 4s.
Old 09-16-2010, 08:12 AM   #492
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

Why convert a Slash when you can convert a Inferno VE RTR buggy to GT-E? It already has a brushless system in it (Orion Vortex 8 w/ 2050 motor) and with a GT-1 body, GT-style tires, and a few parts (mainly shock towers, bumper assembly, body post assembly, and two front shocks for the rear), you have a good GT-E.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:40 AM   #493
Tech Fanatic

Good questions guys. I am not sure, but as stated, they swear by them.

I really want to get into GT racing, but I am so confused which direction to go. I am done with nitro, so I want electric. But I hear of no plans for anyone to release an E version.

Right now I am looking at getting a DM-1 Spec and converting it with the Tekno kit and a Tekin RX8/T8 setup. I've done conversions of other vehicles, but it's always expensive. I wish OFNA would release a DM-1e or something....

Old 09-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #494
Tech Elite

Quote:
Good questions guys. I am not sure, but as stated, they swear by them.

I really want to get into GT racing, but I am so confused which direction to go. I am done with nitro, so I want electric. But I hear of no plans for anyone to release an E version.

Right now I am looking at getting a DM-1 Spec and converting it with the Tekno kit and a Tekin RX8/T8 setup. I've done conversions of other vehicles, but it's always expensive. I wish OFNA would release a DM-1e or something....

Then you have to ask yourself.. do I want to wait for someone to come up with an 1/8 scale GTe or have one know.

If you want to have one know, you'll need to do a conversion kit!

I run a Tekin RX8 as well and hear you on the price. Maybe you can pick up a cheaper system from hobbywing and put it in one of your other cars... and transfer RX8 to your GTe.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/elspcoforrcc.html
Old 09-16-2010, 05:27 PM   #495
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

If anyone is interested, this just got listed:

Kyosho Inferno GT w/ MMM/2200
tadashi is offline   Reply With Quote