Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Old 09-02-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
Lower Ride height and lower CG.
make sense thxs!
Old 09-02-2010, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hmm.. I think I will try it both ways! Either today out tomorrow.. I will also be comparing the corvette body to the mclaren.. They are very similar so I probably won't recognize much difference
Old 09-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Adept

How is the Audi body?
I have orded an Corvette but my pal wants us to drive the Audi instead!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Callahan_88
How is the Audi body?
I have orded an Corvette but my pal wants us to drive the Audi instead!
Audi is a great handling body, lots of down force.. but the least top end
Old 09-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Did some test runs with the mclaren body tonight but it was dark before i got the car back together.. Switched up my combo from the mm2650 geared 20/46 to the mm2200 25/48, which calculate to the same top speed, to see if there was any noticable differences and MAN.. It seems RIDICULOUS! The Ipanemas were screeching and squealing but it was dark so.. Tomorrow im going to the the track to test bodies, wings, and temps with different battery combos.. Ill keep you guys posted if anyone is interested
Old 09-03-2010, 12:18 AM
Tech Master

Yes, I'm interested! Would like to see your car&setup, too

After running GT nitro for several years myself, I've been recently playing with the GTe.
But I use the IGW008 tranny - how's your acceleration with 1-speed and where do you get the gears from?

Are you using 4S or 6S lipo, and what's your C rating?

I think this is growing as GTe's can be run virtually anywhere you have enough concrete/tramac surface, right
Old 09-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MikaR
Yes, I'm interested! Would like to see your car&setup, too

After running GT nitro for several years myself, I've been recently playing with the GTe.
But I use the IGW008 tranny - how's your acceleration with 1-speed and where do you get the gears from?

Are you using 4S or 6S lipo, and what's your C rating?

I think this is growing as GTe's can be run virtually anywhere you have enough concrete/tramac surface, right
Oh yea? so do you like nitro gt or GTe better? Man im using the single speed center diff, and honestly, i cannot see any advantage or reason at all to running the 2 speed?? With these motors producing SOO much torque i am geared for top end and cannot imagine it taking off any faster!

We run a 4,5, then 6s race on out track.. I havent noticed much difference with the different c ratings, when i first got in to it i bought 40c batts at a much higher price than the 25c i have and i really dont see much difference.

Also I have a Like new Blackhawk that id like to sell or use so id like to hear some other opinions on this..

PICS coming up in a few hours
Old 09-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Here is my old Thunder Tiger ST-1 Truggy that I converted to GTe. It has the ST-1 chassis (345-365mm wheelbase), so that I can fit the GT2 bodies, and the EB4 S3 suspension with Kyosho front bumper. It is being powered by a SP Silver Arrow 2 ESC with Silver Arrow 2 motor. Running it on 4s right now. Still tweaking and tuning, but so far so good.

Pic shows the car incomplete, will update soon.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by *BBB*
Oh yea? so do you like nitro gt or GTe better? Man im using the single speed center diff, and honestly, i cannot see any advantage or reason at all to running the 2 speed?? With these motors producing SOO much torque i am geared for top end and cannot imagine it taking off any faster!
But what if you could run a 30T pinion and increase your top end by 15-20mph as well as lower your mid and bottom end power consumption/demand by using like a 21T pinion. In all honesty, when i would punch it (when I had single speed), the wheels are probably spinning like crazy cause of the amazing torque
BTW, not trying to discredit any other pinions, but instead offer a different one.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

We run a 4,5, then 6s race on out track.. I havent noticed much difference with the different c ratings, when i first got in to it i bought 40c batts at a much higher price than the 25c i have and i really dont see much difference.

Also I have a Like new Blackhawk that id like to sell or use so id like to hear some other opinions on this..

PICS coming up in a few hours
propably nitro but my nearest track isn't so close and many times flooding water so I'm getting more into GTe these days, just bashing and going fast on occasion. Maybe some day racing, too, if it grows big enough with the GTe class, right (pushing for it)

I like it when it kicks in on the 2nd gear, but maybe I should try 1-speed and tall gears like you are. So if you can point out to suitable gearing options, would be nice, thanks (you're using standard kyosho centerdiff w/ 48 spur?)

good info on the batts, too, I'm using Orion 25C and 30C batts
Old 09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

what motor are you running? I only know about the Mamba Monster 2200 and 2650.. With the 2650 i was running 20/46, now im going to try the 2200 gear for the same top speed at 24/46 and see if there is any difference!
Old 09-03-2010, 01:01 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

around here in So Cal we test a 2 speed in a DM1 against a single speed DM1 and the 2 speed was slower lap time. Yes it had more on the straight but the single speed was easier to drive on the infield and tighter lines.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snrscion
around here in So Cal we test a 2 speed in a DM1 against a single speed DM1 and the 2 speed was slower lap time. Yes it had more on the straight but the single speed was easier to drive on the infield and tighter lines.
Good information, thanks! I am planning on building a Tekin RX8 DM-1 and I was debating the 1 or 2 speed. This helps.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
I remember someone saying that 2 speed works best on long high speed tracks, and a single speed works best on shorter, more technical tracks.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (98%+)

Did some test runs with the mclaren body tonight but it was dark before i got the car back together.. Switched up my combo from the mm2650 geared 20/46 to the mm2200 25/48, which calculate to the same top speed, to see if there was any noticable differences and MAN.. It seems RIDICULOUS! The Ipanemas were screeching and squealing but it was dark so.. Tomorrow im going to the the track to test bodies, wings, and temps with different battery combos.. Ill keep you guys posted if anyone is interested
*BBB*, which motor mount are you using ?. Do you think the gt2e can be as reliable as the vorza ?. I have 26/44 in the vorza and on 6s and ipanema's it rips, so I can just imagine the gt2e being as fast if not faster!.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.