Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Old 09-08-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Fiat Ritmo body (Deltaplastik) on a Mugen MBX6Eco chassis

My son loves it

Old 10-19-2015, 06:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just finished up the exterior styling of my GT8 conversion.
Started with the base RC8.2e RTR buggy. Got the coil over shock upgrade for additional tuning options.
Running stock springs and diffs for now until I get to tune it in a little bit. Droop is used to lower the car. Shock oil wt70.
Body is the Protoform PF8. It was too cheap to pass on. I'll probably do a delta plastik body next year when my RC project list shortens up.
For now, I think this guy came out well. Running SP Summer Tires (pre mounted).

Old 12-03-2015, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
I have an OFNA Hyper GT on road 1/8 scale car
How do you like that Hyper GTe John? Have my eye on one. Does it perform, are there enough adjustments to dial it in? Are you using the stock 2000kv Hobbywing electronics? How good is box stock setup? I'm a bit concerned someone on this thread said the car is discontinued.

Last edited by RotorTruck; 12-03-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RotorTruck
How do you like that Hyper GTe John? Have my eye on one. Does it perform, are there enough adjustments to dial it in? Are you using the stock 2000kv Hobbywing electronics? How good is box stock setup? I'm a bit concerned someone on this thread said the car is discontinued.
Depends on the track. Its great on a big track set up for 1/8th scale cars, not so much for tighter tracks with 1/10th scale cars more in mind. My set up is pretty much as the car came out of the box except I have 100K wt oil in the center diff and team C heavy front Springs in front. I think I switched the F/R sway bars too. First time out I Tq'd and won the electric Amain and out qualified all but one of the 11 nitro cars that day. I bought just the chassis used so I used my Tekin ESC & motor in it. I've also heard Hyper discontinued this car but so far, knock on wood, and despite some incredible crashes nothing has broken yet.

PS with the kick up in the front of the chassis there is plenty of caster so I played with the camber to even out the front tire wear. I ended up using only -0.5 degrees in front and the tires wear even and it still turns great.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:19 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

Some GT8 electric..

HobbyTech STR8 GTe

Mugen MBX GT Proto

Serpent Cobra GTe

A video from this race day.
GT8 race is at 7mn, switch to HD.

You can notice that in the A-Main, there is only E-GT8 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOutdRBiSM4
Old 02-02-2016, 06:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice cars! And a very cool race!! I wish we had GT8 racing by me. Best I can do is a local weekend parking lot "run what you brung" type race.

Originally Posted by romuald31
Hello from France,

Some GT8 electric..

HobbyTech STR8 GTe

Mugen MBX GT Proto

Serpent Cobra GTe

A video from this race day.
GT8 race is at 7mn, switch to HD.

You can notice that in the A-Main, there is only E-GT8 !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOutdRBiSM4
Old 03-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default 1/8th buggy 4wd electric touring or GT class

Wondering if any of these classes are running regularly in socal? More info would be appreciated!
Old 03-14-2016, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fiercextreme
Wondering if any of these classes are running regularly in socal? More info would be appreciated!
I haven't seen anything in San Diego for almost 2 years. It use to be such a fun and fast class to run. We've all pretty much disbanded and have gone into other classes such at 10th, 8th and 5th scale...most off-road..except for the 10th scale guys.
Old 03-31-2016, 03:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey FangsCPO ur that 5th scale guy arent u? I wanted to start doing Irvine, but got the bad news last week. Do u have any recommendations as an alternate place to run? I'm new to 5th scale and need someplace w a few jumps and turns, etc! Thx!
Old 03-31-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fiercextreme
Hey FangsCPO ur that 5th scale guy arent u? I wanted to start doing Irvine, but got the bad news last week. Do u have any recommendations as an alternate place to run? I'm new to 5th scale and need someplace w a few jumps and turns, etc! Thx!
Yes I am one of the 5th Scale guys and the Video Guy. LOL!! Yeah, it was a surprise to us as well but what can you do?? We just found out the Revelation Raceway and Hobby Shop in Ontario. They just re-built their track to accommodate 5th Scale Racers. So we'll need to support their efforts and show up. They are having a race on April 16th which is great since we'll all be racing at the Chase Compound in Perris, CA this Saturday. If you want, come on out and join the fun. The Chase Compound is only available on race days to racers, no practice. If you want to really stay up on the 5th Scale Scene, hit up on Facebook "OBR/TR Core Team News". There's tons of info there or any of the other 5th Scale Pages.

I'll be posting videos of the racing action from Saturday's racing on YouTube by Tuesday at the latest. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Thumbs up Gearing question

In an attempt not to sound like a total FNG (F@ckin new guy) I have a gearing question. I converted a 13' Xray xb9 into a GT8E. The bevel gears in the car currently are 12t stock. When racing onroad should I go up or down in the F/R gear diff teeth? Not sure where I'm gonna run it as yet. So I cannot answer track size.
Nitro tracks in the area closed down. Hopefully Jackson NJ will start this class. Just getting ready just in case.
Old 05-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pic of my first ever GT8 ... but in rallycross style .. ready for our first ever rallycross meeting at Mendip RC Raceway here in the UK ...

Old 12-28-2016, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,
more and more GT8 on the track...
A driver from Toulouse (4 hours from Barcelona) transform its BMT 011 Evo GT into a Brushless Powered fantastic chassis!!!

Only 3 modifications:
- a new support for the electric motor
- 2 supports for the LiPo plastic cases
- a small support for the motor fan

He decide to run with the original brake to keep cool the electronic.
He runs 6S batteries with a combo Konnect from HobbyTech at only 180€!!!
With 5000mAh LiPos, he runs for 12mn.

Au revoir,
Romuald
Old 02-02-2017, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Hello from France,

my new body. McLaren Delta Plastik.

My Cobra GTe 3.0, 6S powered....

Old 08-07-2017, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Tekno GT Drag Build

Originally Posted by Matthew_Armeni
I converted one of ours and it did really well considering the springs I had. The 19th is the next race in my area and I'll be testing some Losi L8ight model springs as all of ours are too soft. I ran red fronts all around and it wasn't enough for the front, ended up cutting a coil and a half off to get it close. Overall it was very easy to drive, quite neutral. To convert it I just ran the SC body mounts and the Protoform body. My setup sheet is at the shop, I can send you the info if you're interested or post it up here if anyone else is thinking of converting their buggy.
I am currently working on a conversion/drag build on my Tekno eb48sl and would love to contact you....any help appreciated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.