R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #2506
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Thanks Charlie for putting on a great race for us to enjoy. Here's a video from the action in the 2nd heat of the GT8 race. Sorry I couldn't catch the Main but it seemed like we were short on Turn Marshalls.

Steve S.D. "Fangs"

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
nice video Steve, am gonna need you to be there next month to video tape my win against all this pro's
CEASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 PM   #2507
Tech Regular
 
kcunamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
Yes that fun yesterday, I want to thank you to my master mechanic JL for showing up and wrenching on my car and all the guys for the clean driving yesterday, and special thank to the guy that took Jai out the check is in the mail.
You earned the title this month bro! You were on fire!!! Good race in the beginning of the main. I was hoping to make it a lil harder for you for the whole 7 mins. JL got you from fast to super-fast! Great job and congrats on taking the title back. August should be even more fun with the larger expected turn out. Perhaps a dedicated PRO/GT8 class should be offered?
__________________
Jai Cunamay - Racing 1 class sucks.

Last edited by kcunamay; 07-20-2011 at 12:36 AM.
kcunamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #2508
Tech Apprentice
 
rc18junky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 82
Default

i posted this in another fourm but got no responce hope to do better here.

i am looking for a little pinion help i have been running my gpt with a 540xl7 for about a year now and finely the 6 cell lipo killed it. now it is has smoked i am going to get the castle 2200. i tried the 540xl with a 19 pinion it did hit 72 mph but heat was always a problem. with the new motor i want a good match of low heat and speed. what would be a good size to start with since the 2200 is a 4 pole and the 540xl was a 2 pole i not really sure where to start. just wondering what you guys are running


another thing, i have looked at this motor would you think it would be better for the price
60.00$
44mm round
55mm long
2400kv
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m217-4465-2400kv-8t.html
__________________
Savage25 XL7-RC18t 9200K-Recoil 8000K-TC4 5700K-TL01-Raven ST-GTP2 XL7-Slash 4200K-MicroDT brushless and other crappy broken ones
rc18junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #2509
Tech Addict
 
WildBillMassey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North Bay Ontario Canada
Posts: 702
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc18junky View Post
i posted this in another fourm but got no responce hope to do better here.

i am looking for a little pinion help i have been running my gpt with a 540xl7 for about a year now and finely the 6 cell lipo killed it. now it is has smoked i am going to get the castle 2200. i tried the 540xl with a 19 pinion it did hit 72 mph but heat was always a problem. with the new motor i want a good match of low heat and speed. what would be a good size to start with since the 2200 is a 4 pole and the 540xl was a 2 pole i not really sure where to start. just wondering what you guys are running


another thing, i have looked at this motor would you think it would be better for the price
60.00$
44mm round
55mm long
2400kv
My opinion is to go with good quality Brushless system, either the Castle or Tekin.
__________________
Former owner of The Nitro Pit and IGT Hobbies
Now living in the Great White North.

You may think you know what you're talking about, but the only person you're fooling is yourself - Wild Bill Massey
WildBillMassey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:27 PM   #2510
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,608
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
You earned the title this month bro! You were on fire!!! Good race in the beginning of the main. I was hoping to make it a lil harder for you for the whole 7 mins. JL got you from fast to super-fast! Great job and congrats on taking the title back. August should be even more fun with the larger espected turn out. Perhaps a dedicated PRO/GT8 class should be offered?
I wanted to do that this weekend bro, but with only 11 entries, i had to combine them. For pro, it would have been 3 of you. I hope you have surf city to try the new track layout...More GT8 fun!!!
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #2511
Tech Regular
 
kcunamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
I wanted to do that this weekend bro, but with only 11 entries, i had to combine them. For pro, it would have been 3 of you. I hope you have surf city to try the new track layout...More GT8 fun!!!
I know brada. . It's great that we'll have enough to really seperate the class next month. GT8 is so much fun. The layout on Sunday was perfect. We had a blast as usual.. Can't wait to run SURF CITY 's new bigger, better, faster, wider layout. I bet it'd be perfect for nitro sedan.
__________________
Jai Cunamay - Racing 1 class sucks.
kcunamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #2512
Tech Regular
 
Mark the Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

This sunday is TOP DOG GT8 & GT8 Lites... In Oceanside.. Sould be a good turn out also bring out your 1/10 and cup racers as well as the 18r's. The GT8 is 25.00 the GT8 Lites are 20 and all the rest is standard price 8 for the first and 7.00 each after...
__________________
MUGEN RACING
M.A.D. Racing products
TC Hobby's
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:28 AM   #2513
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,002
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc18junky View Post
i posted this in another fourm but got no responce hope to do better here.

i am looking for a little pinion help i have been running my gpt with a 540xl7 for about a year now and finely the 6 cell lipo killed it. now it is has smoked i am going to get the castle 2200. i tried the 540xl with a 19 pinion it did hit 72 mph but heat was always a problem. with the new motor i want a good match of low heat and speed. what would be a good size to start with since the 2200 is a 4 pole and the 540xl was a 2 pole i not really sure where to start. just wondering what you guys are running


another thing, i have looked at this motor would you think it would be better for the price
60.00$
44mm round
55mm long
2400kv
http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m217-4465-2400kv-8t.html
Keep the following mind. Higher KV motor = higher rpm therefore you run smaller pinion and lower cells. And vice versa for low KV motor.

2200 KV is ideally paired with a 4S system. A 1500 KV is well pared for a 6S system. So if your set on 6S, you should be getting a 1500 KV only. Then you can gear up to 19 or even 21.

If you stick with the 2200, 6S and any pinion above 17, you will burn up the motor
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #2514
Tech Addict
 
SNR Graphite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 586
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

OFNA HAS THIS BODY IN STOCK



SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:54 PM   #2515
Super Moderator
 
charlie_b's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 9,608
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer View Post
This sunday is TOP DOG GT8 & GT8 Lites... In Oceanside.. Sould be a good turn out also bring out your 1/10 and cup racers as well as the 18r's. The GT8 is 25.00 the GT8 Lites are 20 and all the rest is standard price 8 for the first and 7.00 each after...
Mark, can you post some info on your shop. I tried calling today and it rang with no one answered. I'd like to come down, but would want more info on the track. THanx.
__________________
''Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.''-- Thomas Alva Edison
CAL RACEWAY:CAL RACEWAY
GT10 SERIES:GT10 SERIES
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #2516
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

His there from 6 til 8-9pm
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #2517
Tech Addict
 
AngryRog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 616
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default GTP2e

Just finished up putting the electronics in it last night @ 11p, RX8/2650. Took it for a short spin in front of the house. Man! This thing is a beast!

Haven't driven an onroad car since the mid 90's. This is going to be fun.
__________________
Anger, K-Speed, Mini Mafia, NitroHouse.com
M03, M05v2 Pro, FF03-R, TA05v2, TRF419X, Roche P12
AngryRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:06 PM   #2518
Tech Regular
 
Mark the Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie_b View Post
Mark, can you post some info on your shop. I tried calling today and it rang with no one answered. I'd like to come down, but would want more info on the track. THanx.
Address for the track is 3375 mission ave #I, Oceanside, Ca. 92058 witch is 4 miles east of I-5 on mission and the cross street is copperwood. We will have the phone up that morning if your running late you can still sign up
__________________
MUGEN RACING
M.A.D. Racing products
TC Hobby's
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #2519
Suspended
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 177
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryRog View Post
Just finished up putting the electronics in it last night @ 11p, RX8/2650. Took it for a short spin in front of the house. Man! This thing is a beast!

Haven't driven an onroad car since the mid 90's. This is going to be fun.
Where in SoCal are you located?
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #2520
Tech Elite
 
jrz93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,865
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.l.c. View Post
Where in SoCal are you located?
damn u socal guys got so many tracks ...here in the northeast we got lots of offroad track but only 1 within an hour of nyc and the next 2 closest are 2.5 hours away!!
__________________
---NEMO RACING USA--BULLITT--BETA TIRES--CRITTERS HOBBYSHOP--HOBBYWING--TRINITY--TOBAMEISTER PAINT--NYRT--GMK Supply--
--Critters Raceway--Barnstormers Raceway--360v2 Raceway
jrz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM
SS Raceway in Tampa Rojna Florida Racing 5042 07-15-2014 01:03 AM
Looking for 1/10 Electric Racers on the New Asphalt at Mikes, Houston John Stranahan Texas Racing 495 10-08-2010 04:55 PM
2008 BLUE DIAMOND/G FORCE ONOAD SCENE spurcheck Racing Forum 1772 04-16-2009 10:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0