R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-12-2011, 01:35 AM   #2446
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by *1speedy View Post
This is from the Novarossi Challange last weekend.

Looks like the Podium to me

Wait---- what king of Bodies are those Alpha,Protoform

Wait----what kind of tires are thoseSWEEP

OMG LOOK THEY SURVIVED

Hi 1speedy, I don't know you, or if you have any personal issues against Jspeed or Ipanema (many do). You're entitled to your opinion and can feel/post whatever you like as it is the free internet. However, I feel they are exactly that...personal and it's probably a better idea to leave it off of the boards.

From reading all of the banter going back and forth, I have summed up that there is no love lost between the 2 of you. lol

In all fairness, you are also contributing to the nonsense by posting things that aren't in the best interest of GROWING this class. I'm not defending Jspeed, just poining out that you are also pouring fuel on the fire. Perhaps it's best to do as some members have and add him to your ignore list. That way you won't feel the need to retaliate and post messages that detract from the POSITIVE things that have come up in this E version GT thread.

Again, not singling you out as there are others who are just as involved, just hoping we as a whole can end all of the negativity on this thread. There is a lot of great information on here and I have learned a ton. I don't want to have to sift through pages of crap to get the info I'm looking for as I do on the Nitro GT thread.

I have also sent Jspeed a PM regarding this issue and the self inflicting damage he is doing to himself and his business. I feel bringing him back to this thread is just another opportunity for those that feel animosity towards him to take more jabs....again detracting from this great thread.

I hope we can all just leave the drama out and enjoy this growing Electric GT class. It doesn't matter to me what bodies, tires, chassis, championships or batteries people are running. I'm just glad they are running!

Hopefully we can meet and race together soon.

Those paint jobs look pretty cool btw!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:25 AM   #2447
Tech Master

Jai is a class act. Well said Bro! I'm not sure where this post all fell off track and it really doesn't matter at this point. Hopefully Jai's post will get us back on track and hopefully we can start having some fun again.

Corona this Sunday........Oh Yeah!!!!
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #2448
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
I'm guessing that is directed at me as I have the rear of my warrior body cut out.

I will respond with, I'm gonna put my alpha body on to prove that skill outweighs any advantage the cutout has made. Hopefully after this spanking I'm gon give you, you can leave my choice of body to run in an open class alone. lol. CHALLENGGGGGGEEEEEE!!! hahahahaha

Don't forget my shock-tower bro! Thanks for beefing it up.
No problem man, I don't have a problem with your body it just how you cut it out trying to get all the advantage out of it.(CHEATING)
SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:31 AM   #2449
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Jai is a class act. Well said Bro! I'm not sure where this post all fell off track and it really doesn't matter at this point. Hopefully Jai's post will get us back on track and hopefully we can start having some fun again.

Corona this Sunday........Oh Yeah!!!!
We have always had fun.. The trash talk on here does nothing.. Stops nothing.. The people that make the races happen are the ones to thank... With out a track and a place to run who cares what body works!!!!
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:51 AM   #2450
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
Hi 1speedy, I don't know you, or if you have any personal issues against Jspeed or Ipanema (many do). You're entitled to your opinion and can feel/post whatever you like as it is the free internet. However, I feel they are exactly that...personal and it's probably a better idea to leave it off of the boards.

From reading all of the banter going back and forth, I have summed up that there is no love lost between the 2 of you. lol

In all fairness, you are also contributing to the nonsense by posting things that aren't in the best interest of GROWING this class. I'm not defending Jspeed, just poining out that you are also pouring fuel on the fire. Perhaps it's best to do as some members have and add him to your ignore list. That way you won't feel the need to retaliate and post messages that detract from the POSITIVE things that have come up in this E version GT thread.

Again, not singling you out as there are others who are just as involved, just hoping we as a whole can end all of the negativity on this thread. There is a lot of great information on here and I have learned a ton. I don't want to have to sift through pages of crap to get the info I'm looking for as I do on the Nitro GT thread.

I have also sent Jspeed a PM regarding this issue and the self inflicting damage he is doing to himself and his business. I feel bringing him back to this thread is just another opportunity for those that feel animosity towards him to take more jabs....again detracting from this great thread.

I hope we can all just leave the drama out and enjoy this growing Electric GT class. It doesn't matter to me what bodies, tires, chassis, championships or batteries people are running. I'm just glad they are running!

Hopefully we can meet and race together soon.

Those paint jobs look pretty cool btw!
Kcunamay:

After reading your post I would like to point out a few things.

You say you have ALSO sent jspeed a PM but my PM box has nothing from you why is that

If you would go back JUST A FEW PAGES you will find all jspeed does is tear down EVERYONE that doesn’t agree with him or run his products and call racers a hand full of names but you single me out??

You blast me for sticking up for your fellow racers?

My posts on this thread can be counted on 1 hand, yet you feel a 1500 word post on pointing out how I am throwing gas on the fire is wrong are you kidding me?

I have at least 3 PMS from people on this thread thanking me…

I also could don’t care what bodies, tires, chassis, championships or batteries people are running. I'm just glad they are running!

Would have thought someone of your caliber would have pmed me b4 putting me on blast but whatever I have thick skin.

#1 Rule Have Fun
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #2451
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Guys,

Have a blast in Corona.. Im envious becuase while you're all laughing and having a great time, poor old me will be sitting in a store with a scan gun taking inventory! Fun fun fun
Old 07-12-2011, 11:16 AM   #2452
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Ok so now there is a Pro Class. I'd like to get a heads up on who will be running what at Corona. I guess im gonna have to make 2 or 3 shirts for the winners.

GT8 Pro
1.Charlie B
2.Jai
3.Steve N
GT8
GT8Lite
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #2453
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can't make it this month but August will be big for the GT8's
CEASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:06 PM   #2454
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Slide me in - back of the pack in Pros for Corona!

Clay
Old 07-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #2455
Tech Master

I'll take a GT8 and GT8 Lite. Steve S.D.

Just in case, if you need to merge the GT8 Pros and GT8, I'm fine with that. I don't mind having you guys lap me and I promise to stay out of your way.

I'm pretty sure the rest of the San Diego posey will be there as well but I'll let them decide where they will run.
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
Old 07-12-2011, 02:41 PM   #2456
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

charlie_b alittle to early to split them yet.. My 2 cents... Lets get 20 to 30 of them out first..

I will be out os US for a week.. I do not think any of my guys are going to make it up..
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #2457
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I might make it out on Sunday, keeping my fingers cross
CEASER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 04:31 PM   #2458
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEASER View Post
I might make it out on Sunday, keeping my fingers cross
You gonna turn on the GoPro this time???
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
Old 07-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #2459
Suspended

Wink

that one up for sale, i got two HD GOPRO's that i have to learn how to use before the race
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 PM   #2460
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer View Post
charlie_b alittle to early to split them yet.. My 2 cents... Lets get 20 to 30 of them out first..

I will be out os US for a week.. I do not think any of my guys are going to make it up..
If you haven't noticed, there is a CLEAR difference between drivers in this class. I think when the same 3-4 guys win ALL the time, it is time to let others have a chance to win. It would be great to see 20-30 GT8's on an average, but realistically don't see that happening anytime soon. There SHOULD be a separation..we have been running GT8 for over 6 mos. We know who the pros are.
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote