R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #2386
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am not for the split as far as pro and non pro??? The sportsmen class in the off road at a big race is a joke... You should say sand bagger class.... The class is still to small to split it up.. FOR NOW>>> Split it up by car not drivers..
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #2387
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Split it by time like last time
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM   #2388
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.l.c. View Post
Split it by time like last time
That is not splitting them up that is how you run races. The top # in the A-main and down from there. Splitting them up would be two classes... Kepp it the way it is and split up the lites.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:24 PM   #2389
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I guess we'll find out soon. I'm good with Sportsman, I'm a realist. I just wanna have fun.
+1 I have no illusions either. Would be perfectly content in Sportsman class but have certainly seem my share of sand baggers. I don't race in Corona but from what I've read Charlie runs a pretty good race. Whatever the outcome just be glad you have the support and turn out in CA. Only 2 of us out here

Last edited by Rkk; 07-10-2011 at 06:35 PM.
Rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #2390
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkk View Post
+1 I have no illusions either. Would be perfectly content in Sportsman class but have certainly seem my share of sand baggers. I don't race in Corona but from what I've read Charlie runs a pretty good race. Whatever the outcome just be glad you have the support and turn out in CA. Only 2 of us out here
You cant got wrong with Charlie's races.. They're fun.... Theyre a little fast paced.. So if you're running more than one class .. Before you know it .. You're up again.. Everyone that runs is a stand up guy as well..

I'm sad to say that I won't make Corona next Sunday, have to do inventory that day.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #2391
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Another couple of pics just for fun. I love this Alliance Astin Martin, but I hear it doesn't handle so great!! Might have to try this scheme on A PF8 body.

I also think we are too new , too few to have a split in the class. If it's 1/8th scale and looks like a GT, run one class and do mains based on qualifying. If we get enough 1/8 lights to have a separtate class / cool! Can't wait for Sunday. How hot will it have to get to run a firmer tire than a 20 PMT ?

Clay
Attached Thumbnails
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-169674c5%5B1%5D.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-192844c5%5B1%5D.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-250724c5%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011, 09:29 PM   #2392
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrace24 View Post
Another couple of pics just for fun. I love this Alliance Astin Martin, but I hear it doesn't handle so great!! Might have to try this scheme on A PF8 body.

I also think we are too new , too few to have a split in the class. If it's 1/8th scale and looks like a GT, run one class and do mains based on qualifying. If we get enough 1/8 lights to have a separtate class / cool! Can't wait for Sunday. How hot will it have to get to run a firmer tire than a 20 PMT ?

Clay
That is a great body..
Old 07-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #2393
Tech Elite

For those of you that don’t seem to know much about real cars, it’s actually called a “SPOILER” not a wing.

The Warrior’s SPOILER design is actually below the roof line. How many of your beloved “replica” bodies would pass the ROAR bubble level test?

Put a level on the roof and your wing, is the bubble in the center or is it higher in the rear?

According to ROAR regulation, would your “GT” body pass or fail the level test?

Funny thought huh, so who is really “cheating” now?

Last words to you few Warrior haters, grow a hair on your butt, get some talent, spend your money and design your own GT body.

Then go right ahead, create you tooling, buy the lexan, pay real Americans to make your creation available, just so a group of ungrateful guys can trash you efforts to make GT racing more fun and affordable too.

When your “replicar” drifts wide in a sweeper or chicane and smashes into the wall or pipe; just think of cool the Warrior passing you with good old American ingenuity looks while you’re picking up your broken parts to collect your "replicar's" DNF.

See ya at the races!!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #2394
Suspended

Old 07-10-2011, 10:41 PM   #2395
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
For those of you that don’t seem to know much about real cars, it’s actually called a “SPOILER” not a wing.

The Warrior’s SPOILER design is actually below the roof line. How many of your beloved “replica” bodies would pass the ROAR bubble level test?

Put a level on the roof and your wing, is the bubble in the center or is it higher in the rear?

Funny thought huh, so who is really “cheating” now?

Last words to you few Warrior haters, grow a hair on your butt, get some talent, spend your money and design your own GT body.

Then go right ahead, create you tooling, buy the lexan, pay real Americans to make your creation available, just so a group of ungrateful guys can trash you efforts to make GT racing more fun and affordable too.

When your “replicar” drifts wide in a sweeper or chicane and smashes into the wall or pipe; just think of cool the Warrior passing you with good old American ingenuity looks while you’re picking up your broken parts to collect your "replicar's" DNF.

See ya at the races!!
HOW MANY THREADS ARE YOU GONNA FILL WITH YOUR TEARS

JUST GO AWAY......
jjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:42 PM   #2396
Tech Elite

Not really, just laughing at how stupid it is to hear "racers" say they don't care about performance, lol

Funny stuff!
Old 07-10-2011, 10:43 PM   #2397
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjack View Post
JUST GO AWAY......
The only one crying is gonna be you
Better stay hidden
Old 07-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #2398
Suspended

I think your preching to the wrong group there Jspeed, if you notices theres no ROAR approved rules where we race and I think I speak for everyone that attends these races that one's it gets to competitive then the real reason we race goes out the window and that reason is called FUN. So quit pushing your body on to us "racers"
Old 07-10-2011, 11:23 PM   #2399
Tech Adept

Just to start off, I am not affiliated with anybody,but myself, I dont sell products or represent anyone, I love my gt8, and I love the way some have that scale look, some people like a "full race " body, like the warrior, others ,like me, like the more scale look, for me it's easier to see myself owning a vette,sti,merc etc, etc,alot of people like to dream, and put that dream into the way their car looks, does gt8 need more scale looking bodys? without a doubt ,does gt8 need more bodys for the alot speed freak? without a doubt, nothing against you jspeed, but I think your the way you go about arguing is just plan bad for your buisness, the part of you saying "Last words to you few Warrior haters, grow a hair on your butt, get some talent, spend your money and design your own GT body.

Then go right ahead, create you tooling, buy the lexan, pay real Americans to make your creation available, just so a group of ungrateful guys can trash you efforts to make GT racing more fun and affordable too?"really? all you need to say is , "by all means, if you want another Gt8 body, design one, buy the tooling and make a mold and go for it", all the extra stuff really makes you look like an ass,then the part of " The Warrior’s SPOILER design is actually below the roof line. How many of your beloved “replica” bodies would pass the ROAR bubble level test?

Funny thought huh, so who is really “cheating” now?", all you have to save is " the warrior will pass the ROAR body level test and other guidelines for spoiler, again according to ROAR, and maybe even send one to get "spec'd" by ROAR, if you already havent?.
If others have intrest besides just racing in gt8,let them go, I really dont see snr knocking you out in the open? I see mark the hammer , getting irratated at your comments, but dont see him pushing the company that he works for ?,I'm guessing it's mugen? I guess sometimes he steps alittle over the line ,but not sure if it's just a translation issue or poor choice of wording?
Now for the look of the warrior, do I care for it ?,not really, but that's me,I dont even care for the alpha or PF8,I like them better, but that's just because they look closer to care that I can relate too, I have a NIB kyosho sti , that I now have to use because I tried to use the Thunder tiger xsara and had to shorten wheel base, and with the conversion to brushless, makes it a real hand full to drive, my skills or lack there of dont help a damn bit either,The conversion to brushless, I made myself, buy buying a mill and all the tooling to do so ,$2k, but I tell you this I got what I want ,the way I wanted it ,I could have someone build the mount the way I wanted,prob would have cost me $200,but wheres the fun in saying " I paid someone to make the parts for my conversion?
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:24 PM   #2400
Tech Elite

Last edited by Jspeed; 07-10-2011 at 11:26 PM. Reason: double post sorry