R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #2371
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkk View Post
The reason I don't race 1:12, 1:10, or 1:8 onroad is that all the bodies look the same (respectively).
Here’s the questions you “racers” need to ask yourself:

Do you race to show off a shelf queen at the track?

Do you race to try to actually win?

Do you really want to be forced to pay $100 for a replica body?

Would you rather own a great handling American made GT race body that sells for about only $45 bucks?

See ya at the races!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:57 PM   #2372
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It is just a diffference in "Class". I'm not much of a recer anyway (lack of skill) but even in 1:1 racing I prefer Touring Car Racing to Nascar, Legends, or Outlaw as the bodies are just generic.

To me the Warrior resembles a Ferrari F40 (not a bad thing) As for the replica bodies, I got the Kyosho 350Z delivered for $40.
Rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #2373
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I'm sure that the Warrior is an excellent perfoming body , based both on Jspeeds reporting of events it has won, and our local Jai's success of late running the same body. I think Jspeed is a little off target calling anyone in this thread "scared" to run his bodies for any reason. It's not a matter of scared - it's esthetics. Most of the guys I've talked to around here like a more scale look. I think the class is more interesting using replica bodies and I would back efforts to keep our class that way here. I know you don't like to hear that, Jspeed, and it has nothing to do with dinging your sales. I wouldn't mind having one of your bodies for ultimate speed runs of my car

Chill Jspeed - you're already on the edge as a contributor/advertisor...

Clay
Old 07-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #2374
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrace24 View Post
I'm sure that the Warrior is an excellent perfoming body , based both on Jspeeds reporting of events it has won, and our local Jai's success of late running the same body. I think Jspeed is a little off target calling anyone in this thread "scared" to run his bodies for any reason. It's not a matter of scared - it's esthetics. Most of the guys I've talked to around here like a more scale look. I think the class is more interesting using replica bodies and I would back efforts to keep our class that way here. I know you don't like to hear that, Jspeed, and it has nothing to do with dinging your sales. I wouldn't mind having one of your bodies for ultimate speed runs of my car

Clay
Clay,

Thanks, your kind words are much appreciated.

The Warrior is not intended to be an "ultimate speed run" body, but a road race winner.
We have a new body called "The Bullet" in the works for that.

The “scared” comment was not directed to you, but to steve & mark.

They have their own financial interests driving their rhetoric of forcing racers into not having the freedom to choose or try Ipanema products at California races.

They’re both very vocal on this thread because they do not have the ability to make money off the Warrior body.

As soon as we figure out the perfect rubber compounds for Jai in California, they'll make a move to try and outlaw our racing slicks too.

So, let’s just drop the hypocrisy and call a spade, for exactly what it is.

Have a great weekend fellas, all the best!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:17 PM   #2375
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Am an enthusiast, and competitor when it comes to racing and I like that your body can help a racer win races but (the magic word ) I got into the 1/8 GT's cause of the realistic look of the bodies and competition up at TC Hobby's and HT in Corona so when I race against racers like Jai running you body, it just drives me more to up my skills and show that's all it takes to beat a great racer.

Dont get me wrong, I would rock one of your bodies if I was racing in a money giving event or if everybody there was using it and knew that my Ferrari body had no chance in competing.
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:01 AM   #2376
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

delete

Last edited by Raman; 07-10-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: double post
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:02 AM   #2377
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.l.c. View Post
Am an enthusiast, and competitor when it comes to racing and I like that your body can help a racer win races but (the magic word ) I got into the 1/8 GT's cause of the realistic look of the bodies and competition up at TC Hobby's and HT in Corona so when I race against racers like Jai running you body, it just drives me more to up my skills and show that's all it takes to beat a great racer.

Dont get me wrong, I would rock one of your bodies if I was racing in a money giving event or if everybody there was using it and knew that my Ferrari body had no chance in competing.
Fact of the matter is SLC, the likes of Jai and SNR will win even if they run a card board box. Those guys are the creme de la creme of RC racing in California

In GT10 we run realistic GT bodies and that is what makes the class so much fun to run. This class is called GT8 and I we should be running the bodies that represent a true GT car. Unfortunately competition at times brings out the worst in us, we all want that one thing that will give us an advantage over the other guy. In the end, what ends up happening is, everyone starts using the same thing and the class becomes mundane.. eg. 1/10 scale TC. So lets support this class and run realistic bodies guys..

With regards to GT Lite, Kudos go out to Mark for setting up rules that truly do represent the GT class.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #2378
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

my ears were ringing. lol. Come to find out it's cause my name is on these posts.

Charlie said there will be a PRO class now, so I'm guessing that will mean OPEN. That's where I'll be running as I want to learn from the fast guys. I hope to race with all of you next sunday. I'm so happy GT8 has taken off!

Raman- thx for the kind words! Not to sure I agree with them , but I do try my best. Just been getting lucky lately. With all of the talented drivers that are now running this class, I'm certain we will all get faster.

I'm guessing the biggest gripe with the warrior body comes from the molded in rear wing and the cutout you can do to the rear of the body. I don't believe it's because it doesn't look like a real car, cuz to me it does (ferrari). We have racers using a PF-8 body (which also isn't a real car, although to me it looks like a G35) and have the rear cutout above the cutline to get more rear downforce as well. Not to mention the DM1's have a rear diffuser standard on the car. I don't see any turmoil about it. Perhaps it's because the spoiler is held by 3 screws???

There is no doubt that the warrior body performs well. I like it and IMHO it does look like a GT body. Although it is a contributing factor, I don't believe my lucky streak as of late is solely because of the body. It's taken me a while, but I believe I have found a setup for my car/driving style that makes it much easier to go fast and be more consistent. A lot of trial and error went into the setup. Being that I race multiple classes on race day and only once a month at that, setup changes often happen when I'm away from the track. The next race day is when I really see if what I changed worked. I'm not making any more changes cuz it's strapped! hahahahaha

See you guys in 7 days. Gonna do my best to defend my crown! I know you all will be well prepared. I hope I am too.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:36 AM   #2379
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
my ears were ringing. lol. Come to find out it's cause my name is on these posts.

Charlie said there will be a PRO class now, so I'm guessing that will mean OPEN. That's where I'll be running as I want to learn from the fast guys. I hope to race with all of you next sunday. I'm so happy GT8 has taken off!
Wow!!! A Pro Class, I guess I'll be racing around the track by myself. LOL!!!

I'd be interested in hearing what will be the requirements for the GT8 Stock Class since my rig isn't bone stock and I'll be the first to tell you, I'm no Pro. So am I eliminated from the fun?
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #2380
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Wow!!! A Pro Class, I guess I'll be racing around the track by myself. LOL!!!

I'd be interested in hearing what will be the requirements for the GT8 Stock Class since my rig isn't bone stock and I'll be the first to tell you, I'm no Pro. So am I eliminated from the fun?
My guess would be that Charlie will separate based on drivers abilities.. pro versus sportsman
Old 07-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #2381
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hope they keep it like last time we race cause it showed who where real fast and who was still learning how to driver there rig
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:30 AM   #2382
Tech Master

I guess we'll find out soon. I'm good with Sportsman, I'm a realist. I just wanna have fun.
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #2383
Tech Elite

I think its also by choice.. if you want to go to pro.. you can.. its what you sign up for..
Old 07-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #2384
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Check out the 1st pic. Full size GT racing - the worlds best. One thing in common - no molded wings. I'm just sayin'....

Check out the second pics - are we headed this direction if we want to win races.

Clay
Attached Thumbnails
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-gt-racing-pics.jpg   GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!-7580pro.jpg  
Old 07-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #2385
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayrace24 View Post
Check out the 1st pic. Full size GT racing - the worlds best. One thing in common - no molded wings. I'm just sayin'....

Check out the second pics - are we headed this direction if we want to win races.

Clay
Good point clay. There are no FIA GT1, GT2, GT3 or GT4 cars that have molded rear wings. Nor do any LeMan Prototypes for that matter.