R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-08-2011, 01:58 PM   #2356
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

would this Hudy setup system work for the buggy convertion turn into on-road?

http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/products/p...0&kategoria=64
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:05 PM   #2357
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

No this is the one you need

http://www.absolutehobbyz.com/produc...roducts_id=937
*1speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #2358
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Speedy
s.l.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #2359
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer View Post
Nice body But it will only be able to be used in the open class.. The lights are going to have to have a real gt looking body more of the scale look..
We're very interested in including GT-Lites to our National & International GT Only racing events. Our GT rule structure in very user friendly to bodies & tires.

Not wanting to start another 7 page war, but according to what or who's rules are you talking about that is trying to make the Warrior not legal to be used?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #2360
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
We're pretty close to getting something like this setup here in Sunny Florida. What tires and wheels are you using for the 2wd vehicles? And what's a good source for the bodies?
Warriors seems to win a lot of races. igthobbies.com has a ton of bodies that fit just check the GT1 bodies page.
Rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #2361
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Right now it's just a small group with lowered short course trucks and stock tires. I was hoping to get some feedback on the Proline Street Fighters.

I can see the benefits of the 17mm hubs and 1/8th scale wheels and tires, but i'm not sure how much money guys want to throw at it.

Thanks so far on the suggestions!
pejota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #2362
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
We're very interested in including GT-Lites to our National & International GT Only racing events. Our GT rule structure in very user friendly to bodies & tires.

Not wanting to start another 7 page war, but according to what or who's rules are you talking about that is trying to make the Warrior not legal to be used?
Not going to go that run with you.. I am starting the classes out here on the west coast and am going to be working on the rules for the classes.. Your rules are fine and you can run them any way you want.. We are going to have bodies like your and others that are out on the market. But they will only be running in the open class. The bigger classes out here want them to look like the gt car as close as possible. If you want to make anothe body the looks closer the the real car no problem. Your rule work fine for us.. Even the body and wing deal. The wing can not be molded in to the body as this make for more rear down force. We want the cars to have more of a equil run..

As I asked before come out with more bodies. the guys want to see more cars out..
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 04:51 PM   #2363
Tech Regular

Quote:
Right now it's just a small group with lowered short course trucks and stock tires. I was hoping to get some feedback on the Proline Street Fighters.

I can see the benefits of the 17mm hubs and 1/8th scale wheels and tires, but i'm not sure how much money guys want to throw at it.

Lets just make it fun and keep the coast down... 2wd and 4wd.. This will get the guys that have older cars just sitting in the closet to brake them out..
Old 07-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #2364
Tech Elite

Quote:
Not going to go that run with you.. I am starting the classes out here on the west coast and am going to be working on the rules for the classes.. Your rules are fine and you can run them any way you want.. We are going to have bodies like your and others that are out on the market. But they will only be running in the open class. The bigger classes out here want them to look like the gt car as close as possible. If you want to make anothe body the looks closer the the real car no problem. Your rule work fine for us.. Even the body and wing deal. The wing can not be molded in to the body as this make for more rear down force. We want the cars to have more of a equil run..

As I asked before come out with more bodies. the guys want to see more cars out..
First, good luck with the future of your races.

As far as our national & international event rules, they are intended to be as fair and inclusive as possible.

Our event rules allow racers to use most many of the available GT products in the market. Our rules make GT racing as fun and affordable as possible; regardless if an attending racer wishes to use products produced by our competitorís brands.
That's the Ipanema Sports approach to GT racing.

On your topic of manufacturing more GT bodies, itís a difficult call since some continue to try to negatively influence the American GT racing market, to exclude one of the only American made GT car body available in our great country.

The GT Warrior body has a street price in the $45 dollar range.

Our universal design is proven to help GT racers win more races with improved driver control and unmatched durability. All of this offers GT racers a great value during these turbulent economic times.

Good luck, save money and have fun doing it.

All the best!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:16 PM   #2365
Rkk
Tech Adept

Quote:

I originally put Anaconda's on my slash but didn't care for the appearance so I can't speak to their performance. Truthfully though, the Anaconda's were about $1.50 more per set. My 17mm adapters were $25. So a set of Sweeps with adapters is about $22 more than a set of SC truck tires.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:42 PM   #2366
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkk View Post
Warriors seems to win a lot of races.
Very true, its due to great GT racers that have chosen to try it.
They like how it helps their GT cars feel and react on the race tracks.

Hard-core GT racers also enjoy the Warrior's durability and affordable pricing.

Give the Warrior a try, you'll be glad you did too!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:53 PM   #2367
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:

I am with you Mark I like the scale look.
SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #2368
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
If he wants to sell more bodies out her them make a real looking body.. Not a hybrid.... We will keep pushing the GT8 and GT8 lite class and show them the best choise for real look.. SNR see you on the 24th.. I will be out of town this next week end.. I have a few of the other bodies in and they look great.. It will be nice to see even more different bodies running..
Old 07-09-2011, 06:11 PM   #2369
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
Quote:
If he wants to sell more bodies out her them make a real looking body.. Not a hybrid.... We will keep pushing the GT8 and GT8 lite class and show them the best choise for real look.. SNR see you on the 24th.. I will be out of town this next week end.. I have a few of the other bodies in and they look great.. It will be nice to see even more different bodies running..
Translation:

You and mark work for a competitor brands that donít sell Ipanema products.

Both of you also have private buisnesses that do not sell Ipanema products.

Together both of you do not want GT racers to have the option to be able to use Ipanema products.

The Warrior is an excellent GT race body, both of you are scared that racers will want to try it too.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:53 PM   #2370
Rkk
Tech Adept

Default GT bodies

The reason I don't race 1:12, 1:10, or 1:8 onroad is that all the bodies look the same (respectively).