Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Oval, Larger Scales and More
GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric! >

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Steve, I would have to agree with everyone. Your STRC Slash 4wd looked pretty dialed. I also noticed that you didnt have to baby it around the corners as much as some of the other cars that would spin out. Looks like your product will be a BIG HIT on the track! ALso, i think starting next month, it is TIME to have an EXPERT GT8 class. GT8 PRO is in fellas! Great job in making this class grow more and more every race week!
Old 06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

GT8 PRO here we come!!!! Charlie - please post your requirements to run the different classes.

I've got a Slash PE collecting dust on my shelf, after seeing Steve's Slash on 2s, he has an absolute hit there! GT8 Lite as Mark referenced with a 2s limit would be so much fun! I could run the Lite and PRO class. SAWEEET!!!!

Steve - LMK as soon as you release the kit. I'll take one please.
Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Steve, I would have to agree with everyone. Your STRC Slash 4wd looked pretty dialed. I also noticed that you didnt have to baby it around the corners as much as some of the other cars that would spin out. Looks like your product will be a BIG HIT on the track! ALso, i think starting next month, it is TIME to have an EXPERT GT8 class. GT8 PRO is in fellas! Great job in making this class grow more and more every race week!
Nice race.. Hope next one is even bigger. I will be out of the area next month but hope to make the august one.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by clayrace24
Where's the best place online to get PMTs for our GTs?

Clay
Here you go Clay

http://www.fgsupply.com/Tires_wheels...ally_Game.html
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kcunamay
GT8 PRO here we come!!!! Charlie - please post your requirements to run the different classes.
Rule #1: If you're part of the Cunamay & Nguyen clan, you're automatically in the pro GT8 class
Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the fun yesterday. I was a bit down on horsepower, but it was a blast none the less...maybe I will return next month with a 3S

Thanks again

Steve
(STRC/Slash 4x4 GT8)
Hey Bro!! That was amazing. I have a Slash 4X4 that is currently a "Shelf Angel". Can you provide your receipe to make my Slash 4X4 become a GT8 Slash 4X4......or is it Top Secret. What you did with a 2S Lipo against all those much heavier GT8s was awesome. Nicely done!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Hey Bro!! That was amazing. I have a Slash 4X4 that is currently a "Shelf Angel". Can you provide your receipe to make my Slash 4X4 become a GT8 Slash 4X4......or is it Top Secret. What you did with a 2S Lipo against all those much heavier GT8s was awesome. Nicely done!!!!
Although the GT8's had more power, it wasn't THAT much more. Being that the STRC conversion is only 5-6 lbs, (3 lbs lighter than an average GT8) the power to weight ratio is closer than one might think. With the 3s Lipo, this kit just might surprise a lot of GT8 peeps!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FangsCPO
Wow!!! That is really cool but won't it be kind of small as compared to the GT8s? I would imagine it would be like putting a volkswagon beetle in the middle of a bunch of Fords Sedans and Chevys Sedans.
I take back what I said previously. Your Slash is Badasss!!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Suspended

That thing was moving for having 2s but then again I had no boost or timing done to my RX8
Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Slash 3S...

I had both my Slash and GTP2e on the track this weekend. The Slash on 2S was rairly comparable to the GPT2e on 3S. If you can keep the Slash cool 3S is incredible. Our track is MUCH smaller than the one at Corona and I end up on the brakes too much and heat is an issue.

I'm anxious to see the conversion as well.

I'd even love to see a little attention from Traxxas. They have already licensed the mustang make us a big one. On the 1:16 side the have the Revo, Slash, Rally, Mustang, Nascar Truck, and summit all from the same chassis. Just seems like a no brainer.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:10 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teamstrc
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the fun yesterday. I was a bit down on horsepower, but it was a blast none the less...maybe I will return next month with a 3S

Thanks again

Steve
(STRC/Slash 4x4 GT8)
Steve,

Are you in the A-Main video? What body were you running? I wish you kit would have come out last month before I converted mine by trial and error. Looking forward to seeing what is in the conversion, I may have to pick one up regardless.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rkk
Steve,

Are you in the A-Main video? What body were you running? I wish you kit would have come out last month before I converted mine by trial and error. Looking forward to seeing what is in the conversion, I may have to pick one up regardless.
He had the stock kyosho decaled red ferrari. The other non decaled ferrari was a Mugen MBX-6 ECO car.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Rkk
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer
He had the stock kyosho decaled red ferrari. The other non decaled ferrari was a Mugen MBX-6 ECO car.
Thanks, I couldn't watch the video earlier. Looks like a great time. Do they prep the surface at all?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rkk
Thanks, I couldn't watch the video earlier. Looks like a great time. Do they prep the surface at all?
They blow it of and spray on it as well.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well if we going to go lite I have a Jammin Scrt that I can make into a lite GT8 in about an hour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.