R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #2101
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,004
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
I'm ready to see the Jai and Steve N. show. It's always a good one. I think I've got video of the last race it was all Jai and Steve N.. I was proud to say I came in 3rd.....well only because Jerry's rig caught on fire...nontheless I finished in 3rd.
My lids was nice... Had I installed wheels on the roof it would still be in concours shape
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:58 PM   #2102
Rkk
Tech Adept
 
Rkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Advertising...

I'm surprised at the amount of free advertising they allow on rctech (I assume they pay the bills.) A testimonial is one thing (ie. I've found Bill Massey very helpful and I understand that the ipanema faded the least late in a race) but if you want to promote your products, maybe buy a banner. At the very least offer some information at least as often as you promote your self, SNR Graphite is a great example of this. He provides a lot of setup information and then throws in the mention of a new product from time to time.

I'm not trolling, I don't want to start a flame war. I am new to 1:8 and am just here to learn. This thread has been invaluable
Rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #2103
Tech Regular
 
Mark the Hammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkk View Post
I'm surprised at the amount of free advertising they allow on rctech (I assume they pay the bills.) A testimonial is one thing (ie. I've found Bill Massey very helpful and I understand that the ipanema faded the least late in a race) but if you want to promote your products, maybe buy a banner. At the very least offer some information at least as often as you promote your self, SNR Graphite is a great example of this. He provides a lot of setup information and then throws in the mention of a new product from time to time.

I'm not trolling, I don't want to start a flame war. I am new to 1:8 and am just here to learn. This thread has been invaluable
Nice to see new people wanting to know new things. What kind of car do you have and what track do you run it at or are you racing it yet?? If not yet bring it out to a track close to you someone will help if you ask.. Even the big time pros will if you ask.
__________________
MUGEN RACING
M.A.D. Racing products
TC Hobby's
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #2104
Rkk
Tech Adept
 
Rkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I race at the hobbytown in Columbia, SC. I currently have a Slash 4x4 that has been converted but my GTP2e will be here Friday. I am still trying to decide what motor/esc setup to use. I really like the Tekin gear I've used in the past, but the larger caps on the Castle esc I think will be more helpful to me as I learn. I'm thinking a 2200kv motor so I can run from 3s-6s. I love the scale looks of the kyosho and ofna bodies. I currently have the 350z and viper.

My slash is having heat issues now that summer is here.I haven't cut any holes in the body for ventilation as I am trying to keep the scale look. Any suggestions?
Rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #2105
Tech Elite
 
Raman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,004
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkk View Post
I race at the hobbytown in Columbia, SC. I currently have a Slash 4x4 that has been converted but my GTP2e will be here Friday. I am still trying to decide what motor/esc setup to use. I really like the Tekin gear I've used in the past, but the larger caps on the Castle esc I think will be more helpful to me as I learn. I'm thinking a 2200kv motor so I can run from 3s-6s. I love the scale looks of the kyosho and ofna bodies. I currently have the 350z and viper.

My slash is having heat issues now that summer is here.I haven't cut any holes in the body for ventilation as I am trying to keep the scale look. Any suggestions?
On your slash are you running a 1/10 scale set up with 2S? If so, check your gearing and reduce timing.

For your GTP2e: When I did my set up, I was advised of the following: higher voltage = less heat. Voltage is your friend, so use it to your benefit. The higher the voltage you run the lower KV motor you will need. I went with the happy medium and chose 5S with a 1700 KV and Tekin RX8. The Pro: My set up has sick torque but not enough to warp the tyres like 6S and I don't my electronics are temp out pretty low. The cons: It makes it more challenging to find batteries.

The most popular set up is a 4S either with 2200 KV to 2600 KV. That's the easiest route, more batts out there for you as well.
__________________
TRF419X / Pulse 17.5, T.O.P Racing Sabre Mini AWD / Impact 21.5, M06 Pro / Impact 21.5, XV-01 Pro Rallye / Kinetic 17.5
Raman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:23 AM   #2106
Tech Regular
 
kcunamay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

Plans have been changed for me. Can't make it to the River. Which means, I will be able to attend this Sunday!!! Woohoo!!!

My cousin Eric will be rolling as well. I see an EPIC battle brewing for the GT8 class. Ofna, Mugen, Tamiya, Losi and Kyosho. It's on and crackin!!!!

Mark
Jerry
Charlie
Steve N
Me
Eric
Raman
Steve in SD
Tony P
Clay
Steve STRC
?
?

Who's cuisine will reign supreme? lol....You know u guys watch iron chef!!! hahahaha.
__________________
Jai Cunamay - Racing 1 class sucks.

Last edited by kcunamay; 06-16-2011 at 01:09 AM.
kcunamay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #2107
Tech Fanatic
 
RC Passion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 970
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Updated!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post

I see an EPIC battle brewing for the GT8 class. Ofna, Mugen, Tamiya, Losi and Kyosho. It's on and crackin!!!!

MarkW-Tekno Dm-1
Mark the H-Mugen
Jerry Tekno Dm-1
Aaron-GTP
Charlie- GTP2e
Steve N-SNR GTP
Me-Losi 8ight
Eric-Losi 8ight
Raman-Tamiya
Steve in SD-Tekno Dm1
Tony P-Losi 8ight
Clay
Steve STRC
?
?

Who's cuisine will reign supreme? lol....You know u guys watch iron chef!!! hahahaha.
RC Passion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:09 AM   #2108
Tech Regular
 
clayrace24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 392
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

SInce you're filling in brands driven, Kyosho GT and Techno DM1.

See ya'll Sunday!

Clay
clayrace24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:25 AM   #2109
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

RKK,

I apologize if I have offended you, but the last few pages are part an orchestrated effort to attack our products anywhere there are public GT discussions.

Unfortunately, their negative attacks are not only limited to internet forum threads like this one, but have actually spilled over to race tracks where GT racers use our products.

These are the realities that exist in our emerging GT racing class and simply wanted readers to be aware it.

Instead of turning a blind eye to their attacks against our products, I’ll leave you with this simple question:

Why is it that our dealers and loyal customers are NEVER seen attacking our competitor’s products?

Last edited by Jspeed; 06-16-2011 at 03:40 AM.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 AM   #2110
Rkk
Tech Adept
 
Rkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 134
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Advertise

I'm not offended, I appreciate businesses that support the hobby. Yours and others. I respect the fact you take the high road and don't denigrate your competitors. I'm just suggesting you buy some advertising and support RCTech. a small banner is $425 a quarter or you could even sponser the forum for $500 a month. Is I type this I see Tenkorc and sweep both have banners, Only a suggestion.
Rkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #2111
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Thanks for the suggestion, will look into that.
But the question is still…..

Why is it that our dealers and loyal customers are NEVER seen attacking our competitor’s products?
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #2112
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,181
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkk View Post
I'm not offended, I appreciate businesses that support the hobby. Yours and others. I respect the fact you take the high road and don't denigrate your competitors. I'm just suggesting you buy some advertising and support RCTech. a small banner is $425 a quarter or you could even sponser the forum for $500 a month. Is I type this I see Tenkorc and sweep both have banners, Only a suggestion.
I'm suggesting that you leave the issues for advertising to the RCtech Admins and Moderators
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:01 AM   #2113
Tech Elite
 
Jspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: America!
Posts: 3,511
Default

Thanks Marcos.
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:04 AM   #2114
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,181
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Thanks Marcos.
no problem , I hate when members try to be Moderators
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #2115
Tech Fanatic
 
whipnet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 994
Default

I am not taking sides, but I thought he made a valid point. Most forums won't allow that unless you have vendor or advertiser status which usually requires a fee.

But if RCTECH does not have a problem with it, then I don't either. Just don't smack the guy for trying to be a moderator.

*
__________________
Beat Your RC Like It Owes You Money!!
http://www.RCCOH.com
whipnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM
SS Raceway in Tampa Rojna Florida Racing 5042 07-15-2014 01:03 AM
Looking for 1/10 Electric Racers on the New Asphalt at Mikes, Houston John Stranahan Texas Racing 495 10-08-2010 04:55 PM
2008 BLUE DIAMOND/G FORCE ONOAD SCENE spurcheck Racing Forum 1772 04-16-2009 10:39 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0