R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #2071
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Andy Liu runs that body and with the body covering the head of the engine, it has been legal to run at the Ipanema Races that we both attended last year. Remember the main rule: so long as the engine doesn't stick up out of the body (like a Lola-styled body) and it represents a car design, it should be legal.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:13 AM   #2072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplechamp View Post
I really like that body. Is that one of the Deltaplastik?
Its either Deltaplastik or BYSM.. hard to tell, they all look similar and do not represent a real GT car.

http://www.igthobbies.com/GT1-BODIES_c_203.html
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #2073
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Andy Liu runs that body and with the body covering the head of the engine, it has been legal to run at the Ipanema Races that we both attended last year. Remember the main rule: so long as the engine doesn't stick up out of the body (like a Lola-styled body) and it represents a car design, it should be legal.
JLock,

Nice to see you on the electric side of things..

Main rule? Kind of mute don't you think in an electric class?

As stated before, its Charlies track, Charlies rules. What he says goes. I think we can all put our faith in him to lead us in the right direction for the GT8e class. He has a proven track record for creating fun events and will continue to do so.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:46 AM   #2074
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Hey Guys, the way i see it, there is a CLEAR difference between

and this body.

So lets KNOW the difference and just race. Im planing on having a great time this weekend so Lets get those GT8's out there and RIP!!!
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 AM   #2075
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
What are the bodies you are referring to? Kyosho, Ofna or the PF-8? There are now an abundance of bodies available for this class from several manufacturers. I'm not sure which ones you are referring to.

Charlie posted in a GT thread along with pics that the WARRIOR body was indeed a GT body acceptable to run in this class at his track. The problem SNR has is the rear cutout I have made on it not the body itself.

You can say NO all you want, but really it's not for you to decide. If and when Charlie deems it illegal, I will continue to RUN WHAT I BRUNG, as that is what the "class was formed with."

Hope to race with all of you soon.
That is fine.. But like you said the rules are not into play yet. But as most of the real scale racers that want to see a real scale body running then it does not fit.. Then from what you would say I should come out with a bigger 1/8 scale body for them so they get a ton of down force.. Remember it is all for fun..
Mark the Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #2076
Tech Elite

Charlie, you werent supposed to post a picture of my new body, now Jai and Steve are gonna be jealous
Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM   #2077
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
JLock,

Nice to see you on the electric side of things..

Main rule? Kind of mute don't you think in an electric class?

As stated before, its Charlies track, Charlies rules. What he says goes. I think we can all put our faith in him to lead us in the right direction for the GT8e class. He has a proven track record for creating fun events and will continue to do so.
Point well taken about the track manager/director. His word is the law, period. It is nice to see GT making a comeback in SoCal.

Yes, I have an electric GT car now. It use to be an Inferno VE. Currently running the Orion system that came with it on a 3s battery. It is kind of swift but needing a 4s battery to really wake it up. Still in testing but hopefully will make a race debut really soon.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:58 PM   #2078
Tech Regular

Quote:
Point well taken about the track manager/director. His word is the law, period. It is nice to see GT making a comeback in SoCal.

Yes, I have an electric GT car now. It use to be an Inferno VE. Currently running the Orion system that came with it on a 3s battery. It is kind of swift but needing a 4s battery to really wake it up. Still in testing but hopefully will make a race debut really soon.
The GT8E class is going to get big. We had 8 at my local parking lot race just over a week ago and more of the guys are building them...
Old 06-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #2079
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark the Hammer View Post
That is fine.. But like you said the rules are not into play yet. But as most of the real scale racers that want to see a real scale body running then it does not fit.. Then from what you would say I should come out with a bigger 1/8 scale body for them so they get a ton of down force.. Remember it is all for fun..
Well hell if their no rules and honor system I might as well run my Mugen MRX2e it 1/8 and the head does not stick out of the body right.

SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:04 PM   #2080
Tech Elite

Quote:

Up to how many cells can the Orion system handle?

Majority of us are running Tekin RX8 and a few Castles and Speed Passion as well anywhere between 2200 to 2600 kv. I'm the odd ball in the group at the moment, running a 5S 1700KV set up.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #2081
Tech Elite

Yeah.... GT racing is gonna get big.....

www.gtworldchampionships.com/EventPictures.aspx

Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #2082
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post
Well hell if their no rules and honor system I might as well run my Mugen MRX2e it 1/8 and the head does not stick out of the body right.

Alright, who is gonna top Steve.. anyone got a Go Kart they'd like to enter into the GT8 class. LOL
Old 06-15-2011, 01:18 PM   #2083
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR Graphite View Post

I was thinking that you may do just that.. As it is a run what you BUll Class....
Old 06-15-2011, 01:22 PM   #2084
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raman View Post
Alright, who is gonna top Steve.. anyone got a Go Kart they'd like to enter into the GT8 class. LOL
Ya... speedfreaked90 has one and I have a baja 5 brushless system just for it.. and a 8 cell pack. it is a run what you have???
Old 06-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #2085
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yep run what you brung right? No rules.
SNR Graphite is offline   Reply With Quote