R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #1516

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to snrscion Send a message via Yahoo to snrscion

Anybody is up for racing GT8 this weekend at the transit center in L.A
very big track, now you can really see how fast these GT8 can go?

G.L.A.R.C.R.C. RACING NEWS

Next scheduled club race is Sunday April 10, 2011. Setup begins at 8:30am Saturday with practice all day, racing Sunday
snrscion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #1517
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Steve,

We missed you Sunday.... Well not really . By the way, I did what you suggested with my front bumper and fitted the lower part in the slot under frot gear box and it worked like a charm.. Thanks!!

Sunday I'm going to Speedtech for some 1/10 scale and Mini racing.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:46 AM   #1518
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Great info Jai!! How do you think these would do at Corona? I'm guessing pretty damn good since that area already has pretty good traction. I'm on the fence on this one but if they can actually hold their traction throughout that whole race that's great.
I'm guessing they'd be even better as I feel Corona has more traction than surf city. Although Surf City was hooked up too!

I did not experience the drastic change in performance with these tires... traction going away at the end of the race, and the lack of traction till the tires got up to temp. They were good from the sound of the tone. I really am very impressed with them.

On another note, the Alpha R/C pugeot body worked great. Another option to help grow our class. We had 2 on the track along with a PF-8, BMW and a Ferrari.

I'll be running my Warrior Body in Corona as I believe it will be ready by then. So you won't be the only one looking so fresh and so clean. lol. I can't wait to try it out. I've driven it unpainted on my street and it felt VERY promising. Corona is gonna be a blast!

I URGE you and the rest of the crew to give the Ipanema's a shot. You'll be glad you did.

See you in a couple of weeks.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 AM   #1519
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrscion View Post

Next scheduled club race is Sunday April 10, 2011. Setup begins at 8:30am Saturday with practice all day, racing Sunday

Sounds awesome bro! I can' t race as I'm on call this weekend, but I wish you luck! You gonna run the E against the Nitro's or will you also be running your Nitro? I'd love to see how the E's lap times stack against the nitro cars on a Nitro sized track. Center diff is out the window!!! 4s and 2 speed on the track has gotta be a blast!

I hope to see you and Dave out in Corona on the 3rd Sunday. We've missed you guys the last couple of times.
Old 04-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #1520
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Jai,

Thanks for trying our products.

Congrats on the TQ & Win. Your lap times in GT8 look fast from lap #1, very happy our slicks hooked you up. That 16.1 lap is impressive, hope to see you break into the 15s next time your race at Surf City too!

To see the results click here.

Thanks again, all the best!
Thanks Jspeed! The tires worked GREAT! The ability to lay the power down w/o fear of spinning out made for a fun day. Corona will be a blast.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:23 AM   #1521
Tech Elite

No, thank you Jai!

With all the false information being spread in these forums by those with personal agendas, it’s refreshing to see that you were willing to learn the real truth first hand.

All the best!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:51 AM   #1522
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcunamay View Post
Thanks Jspeed! The tires worked GREAT! The ability to lay the power down w/o fear of spinning out made for a fun day. Corona will be a blast.
Did you go with the 45s for front and back. I only see white rims being available. Where did you get your from.
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #1523
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to charlie_b Send a message via MSN to charlie_b Send a message via Yahoo to charlie_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by snrscion View Post

Thought you said you were gonna be at Surf city last weekend..what happened?
CFX Paintworks:="https://www.facebook.com/CFXPaintworks?fref=ts
|HITEC|PARMA|PROTEKRC|SWEEP|IWATA|RPM|AMAIN|CREATE X/WICKED/AUTOAIR PAINTS|TEAMASSOCIATED|REEDY
charlie_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #1524
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FangsCPO View Post
Did you go with the 45s for front and back. I only see white rims being available. Where did you get your from.
Sup brada,

I used 50 fronts and 45 WIDE Rears. I got them from Winner's Circle

http://winnerscirclerc.com/index.php?cPath=152_154_224

See you and the rest of the down souF crew in Corona!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #1525
Tech Initiate

hey everyone,

I am entering the world of 1/8th GT racing but I have chosen the brushless side of things. I will be home in about a week and got all need kits and parts waiting for me to put together. I purchased the DM-1 Spec with Tekno conversion (brushless) but having trouble deciding on when Kv motor. I am going with Tekin RX8 ESC and I have heard the 1700kv, 2050kv and 2250kv motors are good choices. One driver even said he was getting great performace from a 1700Kv with slightly bigger gearing on 5s lipo...

Any suggestions please? I live in the Houston, TX area and looking to get this car up and running soon to get into the races.

I cant wait until I am home to build this awesome car along with posting some photos and videos.
ToxicRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #1526
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRC View Post
hey everyone,

I am entering the world of 1/8th GT racing but I have chosen the brushless side of things. I will be home in about a week and got all need kits and parts waiting for me to put together. I purchased the DM-1 Spec with Tekno conversion (brushless) but having trouble deciding on when Kv motor. I am going with Tekin RX8 ESC and I have heard the 1700kv, 2050kv and 2250kv motors are good choices. One driver even said he was getting great performace from a 1700Kv with slightly bigger gearing on 5s lipo...

Any suggestions please? I live in the Houston, TX area and looking to get this car up and running soon to get into the races.

I cant wait until I am home to build this awesome car along with posting some photos and videos.
I run the 2650kv Tekin on 4s. Seems perfect for Mike's in Houston. I can hit top speed for about a second down the straight. Most people see it and think I am running 6s.

Hope to see you at Mike's soon.

(I posted my build in another thread you are in, here it is again just in case: http://www.rccoh.com/rc.how-to/dm-1....onversion.html )

Old 04-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #1527
Tech Initiate

hey Whip...its me from RCuniverse, here and email lol just incase you didnt remember. I was ordering my Motor/ESC combo and Jim with Tekin was making sure I was positive that I wanted the 2650kv motor so I figured to ask about it and see whats up.

Once I get this I will order the upgraded brakes and once I am home Ill get it ready to go so we can hit the tracks.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #1528
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicRC View Post
hey Whip...its me from RCuniverse, here and email lol just incase you didnt remember. I was ordering my Motor/ESC combo and Jim with Tekin was making sure I was positive that I wanted the 2650kv motor so I figured to ask about it and see whats up.

Once I get this I will order the upgraded brakes and once I am home Ill get it ready to go so we can hit the tracks.
I thought that might be you, but I hate to assume. No problems with the 2650 for me.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #1529
Tech Master

Check out page 3 of this Tekno Instruction Guide. It provides a pretty good recommendations for kv vs lipo cells.

http://www.teknorc.com/images/V4_instructions_losi.pdf

I think it all boils down to efficiency and heat containment when it comes to motor selections. I've seen some guys run 6S and 1700kv motors and they are super fast and have no heat issues. There's ton of advice here. Good Luck!!
OBR/TR Core Team Driver
TLR Team Driver
FangsCPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:59 AM   #1530
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipnet View Post
I thought that might be you, but I hate to assume. No problems with the 2650 for me.

Yup..i bought the servos and sensor cable 2 days ago. just need to get the RX8 combo, upgraded brakes and some paint for the body and i should be good to go. also i was seeing those posts about adding 3 small bearings in the CB so I will need to figure that out too. Did you switch to 1 speed tranny or are you still running 2 speed?