Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I had better luck with them this weekend than last time I ran them....Im still think my Xpatterns are faster, but Ill be doing some deep testing Wed at the track...

I had a busted bulkhead and my car never got back right, plus I had to leave before my main to catch my plane back to Nashville....

Im sure that this is the right direction for the class....Im going to put a pair on my HPI rims too to see how they act...3 and 6 offset, 26mm that is

Ditto ! Myself and my three road trip buddies found the X-patterns better . More in the track then RIDE's . I'm pretty sure the A main at the Halloween Classic was on X-patterns ,only Bill Sydor ran RIDE's.

Congrats on your VTA win !!! I don't know how you could concentrate on driving while know you needed to be at the airport 40 mins. later !!!
Old 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that was a challenge...got there as soon as the door was about to close...lol..barely made it...TSA did a number on my bag...but oh well....
Old 10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had better luck with them this weekend than last time I ran them....Im still think my Xpatterns are faster, but Ill be doing some deep testing Wed at the track...

I had a busted bulkhead and my car never got back right, plus I had to leave before my main to catch my plane back to Nashville....

Im sure that this is the right direction for the class....Im going to put a pair on my HPI rims too to see how they act...3 and 6 offset, 26mm that is
The X-Patterns my have a faster "god lap" and be quicker on a 15 lap average. All things being equal, If everyone is on the same tire/insert combo, the advantage of this or that tire being faster is null.

Originally Posted by billdelong
I think they hook up even better than my belted X-Patterns if your track allows you to run Sweep 24mm closed cell foams. I used to have to sauce my HPI tires before to get decent grip, now I don't have to use any sauce with the RIDE tires + Sweep foams and I still get faster corner speed to boot. I also feel that by not having to use any sauce stands to reason the tires will last considerably longer to possibly save even more in long term expense, though longevity is pure speculation at this point.
One of the guys on Sunday was using 2 year old pre-mounts from the 2012 Scale Nationals that have also been run on asphalt. New tires vs Old tires, Hot laps were pretty close to being equal.

we don't...like anything in RC...companys are run by humans...they can drop the ball....but Im sure Robk Kevin and Eric have done their homework on this and Im sure this is going to work out fine
We thought they would go quick, not 4 days quick. Keep in mind, this is the same tire/insert/rim that we spec'd out for 2012 Scale Nationals.

Originally Posted by robk
100 sets were ordered and sold out in a week. Another 100 sets have been ordered. This being a brand new venture, Gravity RC had to gauge response. Kevin K Eric and I were confident there would be a good response, but selling out that quick is crazy. There is no problem getting the tires, but Gravity has to get a feel for how many sets they will sell per month.
We have to applaud Paul as well as his employer/sponsor at Thunder Power for taking the gamble as well. They could have said no.

Originally Posted by Ray k
Ditto ! Myself and my three road trip buddies found the X-patterns better . More in the track then RIDE's . I'm pretty sure the A main at the Halloween Classic was on X-patterns ,only Bill Sydor ran RIDE's.

Congrats on your VTA win !!! I don't know how you could concentrate on driving while know you needed to be at the airport 40 mins. later !!!
Just a few thoughts

Again, all things being equal, the end results may have been the same if everyone was on the same tire, who knows. It does take the guess work out of which tire to run.

Clubs/Tracks still have the ability to use any treaded tire they see fit.

Ultimately, at this point in time, the Spec Tire for 2014, really is only applicable to 3 races. USVTA Southern Nats, Summit USVTA Carpet Nats, Scale Nationals, all of which are USVTA Triple Crown Series events.

It would most definitely be an added bonus if other larger events that ran USGT, used the Spec tire/insert as well.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SS LS1
Wow, they really swelled up didn't they?! (just like the VTA tires do)
What traction compound were you using?

Did you change you overall gearing FDR with the increase in overall diameter?
STX 3.0 was the compound and they are mounted on 24mm rims. The tires kept getting better as I ran them and rounding out a bit was a good thing. They are just a couple mm bigger then the ones I didn't run.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Just a few thoughts

Again, all things being equal, the end results may have been the same if everyone was on the same tire, who knows. It does take the guess work out of which tire to run.

Clubs/Tracks still have the ability to use any treaded tire they see fit.

Ultimately, at this point in time, the Spec Tire for 2014, really is only applicable to 3 races. USVTA Southern Nats, Summit USVTA Carpet Nats, Scale Nationals, all of which are USVTA Triple Crown Series events.

It would most definitely be an added bonus if other larger events that ran USGT, used the Spec tire/insert as well.
I agree , it doesn't matter what tire is faster or slower. I think for big races, we should have a spec tire . Are local track will leave it open treaded tire for club racing . I hope to make it out to some of these races you mentioned .

The only negative I've found so far is , after 10 or 12 runs the stock inserts have compressed in spots . Leaving areas feeling as if there is no insert present .
Old 10-31-2013, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Where are we on the availability of the Spec tire at Gravity and where else can I get the tire? Should I just wait on them to get back in stock?
Old 10-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What offset rim is everyone using? It seems like it's hard to find cool rims with a 0 offset, most are 3,6,9. I plan on using the Protoform Camaro body.

I've never ran this class before and I've decided to throw down with the Pacific North West folks at the TimeZone Gran-Prix in few weeks.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Where are we on the availability of the Spec tire at Gravity and where else can I get the tire? Should I just wait on them to get back in stock?
They are about 2 or so weeks away from being back in stock at Gravity. Contact Eric Whiteside at The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, IL he might have some left.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
They are about 2 or so weeks away from being back in stock at Gravity. Contact Eric Whiteside at The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, IL he might have some left.
Sorry, you got my last 2 sets.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Sorry, you got my last 2 sets.
Well then....
Old 10-31-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I have a question about tires. what are you guy using because HPI is out of tires
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ken McKinney
I have a question about tires. what are you guy using because HPI is out of tires
LOL, LOL, LOL

Just take a look at the last few pages.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by Ken McKinney
Maybe the USGT should think about a spec tire. LOL
Old 10-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Thanks. I don't have any major races for a while. I think I will just grab one set to get me going. Save the rest for those who can weild them better.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ed Delgado
Maybe the USGT should think about a spec tire. LOL
Rofl!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.