Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I thought GT10 was pan cars. The class has never existed at local tracks so I have never really been exposed to it.

Edit: Thinking a little more about the tires; Given that the spec tire has shown that it out performs the x-patterns,(Most commonly used tire that I know of) and given that it is quite a bit less expensive, shouldnt we be all running to this tire anyway? Lets say that it wasnt a new rule. Shouldnt we all be saying,"Hey these perform great and they are cheap."?
I disagree, if you're gonna tell folks to run only 1 tire, then you might as well tell them to run only 1 brand of motor too. This is a half donkey rule if you ask me.

I am not disagreeing that the tire doesn't perform well, that part of the equation is moot. Folks should have choices so they can select appropriate wheels for their taste to get the scale look they might be looking for if they so choose. This is a slippery slope...
Old 10-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

How many places are these Ride tires going to be available? Will my LHS be able to order them?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

U all keep up the bitxhing about stupid wheel looks and I'm sure some company will come to our aid and sell a full line of wheels that fit 24mm tires properly .
In terms of looks I like gold/silver wheels with split or mesh design looks like a wheel I would find on a tuner/race car .
I would never buy cromed wheels for performance purposes or looks even . stupid time consuming to get the plating out of the glueing area. For those that do want a good looking race wheel that's ocd (I might even do this once or twice) .. Chuck a wheel in the tire lathe and use a dremil to cut a 2-3mm section out and reglue /melt rim back together would only take about 20min per wheel and would hold together great using the correct technique. I think I'll do a set in the next few days to test techniques
Old 10-24-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

What happens if Sorex or another manufacturer comes out with an equally performing treaded tire in 26mm? Will the rule change back? My head is already dizzy with all the rule changes as it is.

re-manufacturing 26mm wheels into 24mm wheels with 6mm offset is not practical... I say leave well enough alone.

Also note that 24mm wheels on a 200mm body is very awkward looking, 26mm tires have a larger overall diameter too which add to the scale look.

Last edited by billdelong; 10-24-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

One I'm going to play with will be 3mm off set
Old 10-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

I would think (having not tested) a 6mm offset would have a performance disadvantage to begin with the cars r designed around a 24-28mm wheel that's centered on the hub this way camber and toe angles r static (more so) than having the bulk of the tire set outside the centerline of the hub making a different leverage point .
Can someone with experience (other than Dark side)comment on this
Old 10-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billdelong
What happens if Sorex or another manufacturer comes out with an equally performing treaded tire in 26mm? Will the rule change back? My head is already dizzy with all the rule changes as it is.

re-manufacturing 26mm wheels into 24mm wheels with 6mm offset is not practical... I say leave well enough alone.

Also note that 24mm wheels on a 200mm body is very awkward looking, 26mm tires have a larger overall diameter too which add to the scale look.
So the Roar approved ESC/Motor and Spec Tire makes you dizzy...

First off:
What if you were the person in charge of this and YOU had to test ALL motors and esc's to keep things as equal... Also note that YOU are not getting paid to do any of this testing... Now if someone starts using X motor or Y esc that is deemed not legal in USGT you get to deal with the crap storm they create when you tell them it can't be used... So there IS a system in place already by ROAR that does this testing and they are paid for it. (I assume that is where my ROAR membership fees go.) Who in their right mind would not go by these ROAR rules???

Second thing:
So you are mad about having to spend another $20 on a set of tires and that you can't use 26mm rims. (Nobody is stopping you from using 26mm rims with the tires!) You are mad they are not to scale??? Come on man... You are just nit picking stuff now. I have had rims on my real car with lower profile tires then this... Want them to stick out more then use some bigger wheel hexes! You seem to care more about how cool your car looks around the track then how fast it goes. You know what a good class is for this? Drifting!

Just an FYI: I know for a fact there are some tires out there that are no longer made that some people have that are better then anything else out there... I know these tires only see national races because of that fact. I will still lose to the people who have these tires even with them using the spec ones, but I do like knowing they do not have that advantage on me.

All I can say is THANK YOU ROB for what you do and what you have to deal with. This is my favorite class by far and this change is for the better!

Now I need to pack and drive 7 hours go race some USGT and not talk about it anymore...
Old 10-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Travis S
So the Roar approved ESC/Motor and Spec Tire makes you dizzy...

First off:
What if you were the person in charge of this and YOU had to test ALL motors and esc's to keep things as equal... Also note that YOU are not getting paid to do any of this testing... Now if someone starts using X motor or Y esc that is deemed not legal in USGT you get to deal with the crap storm they create when you tell them it can't be used... So there IS a system in place already by ROAR that does this testing and they are paid for it. (I assume that is where my ROAR membership fees go.) Who in their right mind would not go by these ROAR rules???

Second thing:
So you are mad about having to spend another $20 on a set of tires and that you can't use 26mm rims. (Nobody is stopping you from using 26mm rims with the tires!) You are mad they are not to scale??? Come on man... You are just nit picking stuff now. I have had rims on my real car with lower profile tires then this... Want them to stick out more then use some bigger wheel hexes! You seem to care more about how cool your car looks around the track then how fast it goes. You know what a good class is for this? Drifting!

Just an FYI: I know for a fact there are some tires out there that are no longer made that some people have that are better then anything else out there... I know these tires only see national races because of that fact. I will still lose to the people who have these tires even with them using the spec ones, but I do like knowing they do not have that advantage on me.

All I can say is THANK YOU ROB for what you do and what you have to deal with. This is my favorite class by far and this change is for the better!

Now I need to pack and drive 7 hours go race some USGT and not talk about it anymore...
Can anyone say "pit squiggles"

Good luck at the Classic Travis, be safe
Old 10-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Can anyone say "pit squiggles"
Long Live Pit Squiggles!

Snowy.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm at the airport now. I must be out my mind. Scared to fly but I'm getting on a plane to go race toy cars.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I'm at the airport now. I must be out my mind. Scared to fly but I'm getting on a plane to go race toy cars.
I love flying...so much different than everyday life.

Have fun at the race!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Travis S
All USGT is 21.5 motors. You said above gt10 Are you talking about GT1 that is ran at the Tamiya TCS races? That is restricted to only tamiya cars with only tamiya parts, bodies, and tires. All the rules for TCS are here: http://www.tamiyausa.com/tcs/rules.php#.UmipMhYhYvw
  • GT1 is 13.5
  • GT2 is 17.5
  • GT3 is 21.5
I thought GT10 was pan cars. The class has never existed at local tracks so I have never really been exposed to it.

Edit: Thinking a little more about the tires; You gotta think that its not easy for Robk and Kevin and anyone else on the Jedi council to pass a rule like this. I am sure that they didn't wake up and say, "I wonder whats the best way to piss off a good 20% of the racers active in USGT." Even though I am not crazy in love with this new rule, I don't even flinch when it comes to the question of whether or not I am going to keep racing. It doesn't even make me pause for a second. And I am not a guy with deep pockets either, as much as I try to be. Furthermore my kittie is pretty much bankrupt from buying and upgrading an AMB/Mylaps decoder. So I don't have tons of money for tires right now, but at least I know that I only need one set to get going and I can get more as the need arises. Given that the spec tire has shown that it out performs the x-patterns,(Most commonly used tire that I know of) and given that it is quite a bit less expensive, shouldnt we be all running to this tire anyway? Lets say that it wasnt a new rule. Shouldnt we all be saying,"Hey these perform great and they are cheap."?

http://www.speedtechhobbies.com/inde...formation_id=8

Go on speedtech link amd check out gt10. I thought it was pan car but no. I called them its basically usgt with a 17.5, gt body and spoke wheels. Here locally we run "gt3" or usgt with 21.5 motors or black cans from tamiya. This event is at tamiya track this sat but we don't need to worry about having all tamiya equipment since its held by speedtech.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

let me put it another way

I wasn't happy with the motor restriction initially, I raised my concerns in private which fell on deaf ears. I never raised it publicly until I saw another mistake being made. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

I have no confidence in any organization that waffles back and forth... someone who approves a motor one day, then changes their mind the next deems them unreliable. I don't blame Trinity, I blame ROAR.

If you want to squash an "Outlaw" motor, by all means eliminate it, I don't care how you do it, make a list of banned motors, but creating collateral damage by choosing a waffle organization like ROAR is a joke.

Now you're adding even more salt to the wounds by creating even more collateral damage with tire restrictions.

By forcing 24mm wheels down everyone's throat, you'll killing off all of the 200mm bodies which further restricts the fun factor of the class. It is not realistic to get 6mm of additional offset on a hex, there simply isn't enough thread to make it work, I've tried.

Comparing 26mm to drifting is very ignorant. I have not noticed any discernible change in my lap times when I swap between a 200mm body with 6mm offset wheels vs a 190mm body with 0mm offsets. I admit that I'm not a pro level driver by any means, but I feel confident enough to be able to tell a difference having a few years of club level experience under my belt.

What I see happening is a shift to a "Touring Car" style class where every single body, wheel and tire looks identical to the next... bore me to tears

USGT is turning into anything but I was initially promised.

It doesn't directly affect me as our local club doesn't follow the same level of insanity, but it indirectly kills the class when regional/national racers like Tommy who choose to jump ship rather than ruffle any feathers over the rule changes. Then not only am I out of having skilled racers to run against, the class is jeopardized locally.

I am begging you guys... please don't screw up a good thing.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

You're thinking of World GT which is typically single cell lipo, 13.5T pan cars. Our GT10 class was a relatively cost controlled class with brushed motors and ESCs that were available through our the LHS that sponsored our races (Hobbytown). Save for the electronics, it was fairly similar to USGT. Enough so that a handful of us decided to give it a shot (since we all love brushless motors).

Bill, no need to get your panties in a bunch. There is no doctrine in our club stating we need to abide by USGT rules 100%, rather it's a guide to get us going. Brame is a reasonable enough RD to still allow any treaded tire and any 21.5T motor. And if you want to revive brushed GT10, there's no one stopping you. I still have some good GT10 electronics (although that's kind of an oxymoron, LOL). And please don't be ridiculous to think anyone is trying to "bully" you racing something you don't want to. Jeebus man.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Any who needs Tommy any how? He can go off an fly a kite! They sell those at Hobbytown, too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.