Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

True... but we have to look at like this.....any major event willing to add vta or gt to their event is a super extra bonus for the USVTA.

And if you look around USVTA classes are on the rise. Halloween Classic added USGT due to the demand of racers.

Snowbirds?...I'm trying man I'm trying. ..lol.. it worked for vta. ..gt is possible.

The USVTA has arrived.....events are on notice. ..add us or miss out..

As for the belt?...well I saw that...I've got an idea about that too.lol
Old 10-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ran the dynamite tires on saturday. Traction was ok, but they had a serious push. I think this could have been tuned out, but I never got the chance as the RD was running a hurry up program and I spent most of my time cleaning the buildup off of my two vehicle tires. I will need to clean the tires up again and get pictures up so you guys can give your thoughts. The fronts had wear right in the middle section of the tire, while the rears didn't look like they were wearing at all.(at least that's how the looked before the mains, I still need to clean them again) Our track changed traction compound from a grape juice/pop mixture to vht and it has been messing with everyones tires.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

USGT is a really fun class. It was easily our biggest on-road class last season at IROAR in Vinton, IA. We expect it will be again this season as well. Everybody loves USGT.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

i just got my dynamite u pattern tires
& i read some where they are not the same as the RIDE tires
but on the package i got it says high Quality RIDE tires & it got the RIDE logo on the tire its self....so maybe they are the same tires...but i will be testing them out on carpet tonight....if this is going to be the new spec tire....its alot of options as far as premount tires...(dynmite/ride brand)....

part #
DYN 7951

DYN7957

DYN7960

HOPE THIS HELP
Old 10-17-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
True... but we have to look at like this.....any major event willing to add vta or gt to their event is a super extra bonus for the USVTA.

And if you look around USVTA classes are on the rise. Halloween Classic added USGT due to the demand of racers.

Snowbirds?...I'm trying man I'm trying. ..lol.. it worked for vta. ..gt is possible.

The USVTA has arrived.....events are on notice. ..add us or miss out..

As for the belt?...well I saw that...I've got an idea about that too.lol
a spec tire would help more then hurt
Old 10-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here is the thing with the Dynamite tire - what we had tried was not the same as the spec tire we used. Otherwise we would have just gotten the Dynamites through Horizon, as that would have been the easiest option.

Has something changed since that time? I do not know.

What is known is that the Ride tire that we used as the handout will be available in quantity within the next month. When the final details on price are ready I will post here. I should know in a day or two. It definitely will be very reasonable.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

is it anyone else's experience that the ride tire worked really well on high traction, but lacked grip on low-medium traction oozite compared to the d compounds?

on another note, with a 200mm body do I need 3mm offset wheels to fill out the rear of the body?

Last edited by oceanhighz; 10-17-2013 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
is it anyone else's experience that the ride tire worked really well on high traction, but lacked grip on low-medium traction oozite compared to the d compounds?

on another note, with a 200mm body do I need 3mm offset wheels to fill out the rear of the body?
The ride tires do work really well on high traction. They do not have as much grip as the X-patterns or some others tires out there, but still work well. Soaking in traction compound for a longer amount of time can help add more grip if needed.

The plus is that if/when the Ride tire goes to a spec tire then everyone deals with the same thing and no need to have X tire for Y grip at Z track.

I have been told by people who know more about this stuff then me and are faster them me that 0mm offset wheels work better even with a 200mm body.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

would I just space them using larger hexes then, to get the "proper" realistic look I'm going for?
Old 10-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by robk
Here is the thing with the Dynamite tire - what we had tried was not the same as the spec tire we used. Otherwise we would have just gotten the Dynamites through Horizon, as that would have been the easiest option.

Has something changed since that time? I do not know.

What is known is that the Ride tire that we used as the handout will be available in quantity within the next month. When the final details on price are ready I will post here. I should know in a day or two. It definitely will be very reasonable.
well i test them tonight...& the dynamite/ride tires work very well...i had to put 2packs in them & when they broke in i was only 1tenth off ...compared to the hpi pro compound..(non belted)....10.5 with the dynamites & 10.4 with the pros..the dynamite tire did have a Slight push to them so they may be better for high bite track...(i had to turn my D.R UP)..

i would like to try the spec RIDE tire to compare to the dynamite

but i personal think its the same tire...(i maybe wrong)
i know this is to early to ask...but if you go to a spec tire the RIDE u-patteren... would the dynamite u-patterens be allowed??

i like the i deal of a spec tire for usgt...(just like vta)...it would take all the guess work out of it..(& i dont like to work)
Old 10-17-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oceanhighz

The problem with this is that the two tires need to be compared at the same time with the same amount of use. If you are going to compare old broken in D compound tires to new out of the package Ride tires then yes the Ride tires will have less grip on lower traction when new. If you were to compare new D compound tires to new Ride tires on lower traction then you would see they are about the same.

The one thing you need to take into account is that the Ride tires are smaller dia then the HPI X patterns. So if you have your car all setup around the HPI tires and slap on the Ride tire and just alter ride height you might not see favorable results as your settings are off for the size tire.

As far as the offset the rims that they will come with if you buy them with the Ride rims will be 0 offset. You can use like 5 or 6mm hexes and you will get close to the correct "look" on a 200mm body. Or you can try to find some 24mm rims that have a larger offset to fit your appearance needs.
Old 10-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by starrx
well i test them tonight...& the dynamite/ride tires work very well...i had to put 2packs in them & when they broke in i was only 1tenth off ...compared to the hpi pro compound..(non belted)....10.5 with the dynamites & 10.4 with the pros..the dynamite tire did have a Slight push to them so they may be better for high bite track...(i had to turn my D.R UP)..

i would like to try the spec RIDE tire to compare to the dynamite

but i personal think its the same tire...(i maybe wrong)
i know this is to early to ask...but if you go to a spec tire the RIDE u-patteren... would the dynamite u-patterens be allowed??

i like the i deal of a spec tire for usgt...(just like vta)...it would take all the guess work out of it..(& i dont like to work)
We were told in the past that the tire that is sold by Dynamite was discontinued and that the tires now sold by Ride is a new compound while using the same mold for the tread pattern. The Dynamite tires were softer and wore out alot faster that then Ride tires when we tested them early on. This was almost 2 years ago things might have changed but we were also told that the Dynamite tires were being discontinued...might be the reason they are marked down on their site now not sure?

As far as going to a spec tire I would think that with the cost of the tires that if you go to a larger event that they could do what they do for like 17.5 sedan. Where you show up with tires in the package and they get marked to be used or you get a set with your entry. This way there is no mistake that everyone is on the same tire for that event. Now when you are club racing again your club would need to find a "happy" rule to use for its local racers.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up Ride Tires

I/We were just informed that the Ride CR02 tires are here in the US.

Look for them in the next few days, and brought to us/you, by Gravity RC.
Old 10-19-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

This is great news!!!! Paul is the man no matter what he does in his free time . lol
Old 10-19-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I/We were just informed that the Ride CR02 tires are here in the US.

Look for them in the next few days, and brought to us/you, by Gravity RC.
where can i get my set??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.