Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ViperZ
Understood. We're a bit casual at the club level as well. I get to run my Merc CLK WGT in our CTA class. The CTA is like VTA, however with 21.5T motor and treaded tires.
Canadian I thought VTA used treaded tires? And I thought they used 21.5T, but it's 25.5T, WOW! Must be... relaxing.

A WGT (presumably on foam tires) against 21.5T touring cars with treaded tires? Doesn't sound very fair to me!

That sounds runable to me
I think that if I run this, I'll have two transparent spots above the front tires very soon...

I just picked up the Corvette Daytona Prototype, and I gotta say, that one is AMAZING. No such clearance problem, and it looks stunning, even without the wing and decals. I might run it, but I'll wait for a club night that my mate who painted it isn't going to be there... so he doesn't have a heart attack!

Pictures coming soon!

Really? Will you be mounting that on your Xray T4? I will be interested in how it fits..
I'm still looking forward to the Muslo LMP for the WGT.
No, the Mon-Tech M10 is going on the Xray X10 (WGT), it's far too low for the T4. I'd like to get a Team Muso LM-P Type 1 as well...
Old 03-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
Canadian I thought VTA used treaded tires? And I thought they used 21.5T, but it's 25.5T, WOW! Must be... relaxing.
I think that's what I was trying to say Our CTA (Canadian Trans Am) is a 21.5T treaded tire class..

A WGT (presumably on foam tires) against 21.5T touring cars with treaded tires? Doesn't sound very fair to me!
Its not really, as some of the CTA drivers are very skilled... in one race the race came down to me and a fellow running a 2s F1, I won Its more about the fun of running a zany mixed "run what cha brung class"

I think that if I run this, I'll have two transparent spots above the front tires very soon...
I use clear hockey skate tape to solve that wear issue

I just picked up the Corvette Daytona Prototype, and I gotta say, that one is AMAZING. No such clearance problem, and it looks stunning, even without the wing and decals. I might run it, but I'll wait for a club night that my mate who painted it isn't going to be there... so he doesn't have a heart attack!

Pictures coming soon!

No, the Mon-Tech M10 is going on the Xray X10 (WGT), it's far too low for the T4. I'd like to get a Team Muso LM-P Type 1 as well...
That Mon-Tech is an awesome looking body, and is a wicked WGT body. I hope the WGT rules here change for the better and allow bodies like that, the Muslo and the Colt LMP's I have collected.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Tech Addict

I think that's what I was trying to say Our CTA (Canadian Trans Am) is a 21.5T treaded tire class..
CTA, is that all across Canada, or is it mostly in the west and the Prairies? I'm originally from Montreal, they're having the Quebec championship in St-Hyacinthe this year, where I was born.

Its not really, as some of the CTA drivers are very skilled... in one race the race came down to me and a fellow running a 2s F1, I won Its more about the fun of running a zany mixed "run what cha brung class"
Oh, and I'm guessing you might not be running as hot a motor as we are here (the WGT equivalent class is called GT10, and runs 10.5T boosted, on 1S batteries), so it might not be as radically faster... A GT10 here can easily keep up with a 13.5T boosted touring car (with the Mazda shells and real racing tires)!

I use clear hockey skate tape to solve that wear issue
Ha! As I mentioned, my mate who painted it might have a heart attack.

That Mon-Tech is an awesome looking body, and is a wicked WGT body. I hope the WGT rules here change for the better and allow bodies like that, the Muslo and the Colt LMP's I have collected.
Here, they used to be very similar rules to WGT, but they recently opened up the list of body shells a bit, specifically to attract more people (both racers and spectators) to the class. They added the Mon-Tech M10, the Team Muso LM-P Type 1, and the Rivall LMP1 version 2014 (I've never laid eyes on this one, not even in pictures!). I'm hoping the Colt 911 GT1 and maybe the Blade Porsche 962 could get added soon...

Argh, getting back to GT10/WGT again! I'll put the wing on this McAllister Corvette DP, get it on my T4, and post some pictures ASAP!
Old 03-19-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Addict

CTA, is that all across Canada, or is it mostly in the west and the Prairies? I'm originally from Montreal, they're having the Quebec championship in St-Hyacinthe this year, where I was born.
I suspect its Canada wide as the 2015 Canadian Nat's in Ontario this weekend spec a 21.5 for CTA/VTA

Oh, and I'm guessing you might not be running as hot a motor as we are here (the WGT equivalent class is called GT10, and runs 10.5T boosted, on 1S batteries), so it might not be as radically faster... A GT10 here can easily keep up with a 13.5T boosted touring car (with the Mazda shells and real racing tires)!
We're running a 10.5T non boosted, 1s in WGT. My WGT maybe faster than I realize as I only really raced it once, and it was not optimized in set-up.

Ha! As I mentioned, my mate who painted it might have a heart attack.
Ha, Understandable

Here, they used to be very similar rules to WGT, but they recently opened up the list of body shells a bit, specifically to attract more people (both racers and spectators) to the class. They added the Mon-Tech M10, the Team Muso LM-P Type 1, and the Rivall LMP1 version 2014 (I've never laid eyes on this one, not even in pictures!). I'm hoping the Colt 911 GT1 and maybe the Blade Porsche 962 could get added soon...

Argh, getting back to GT10/WGT again! I'll put the wing on this McAllister Corvette DP, get it on my T4, and post some pictures ASAP!
Looking forward to seeing it Also excited to see what you do with the Mon-Tech!

About the Colt 911 GT1, I hope it looks better painted than it does clear Mind you the Merc CLK sort of gave me the similar feeling.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

We're running a 10.5T non boosted, 1s in WGT. My WGT maybe faster than I realize as I only really raced it once, and it was not optimized in set-up.
With the tires trued down a bit, they just seem to grip forever, massive cornering speed! After a few races, once you've worked out the set-up a bit better, you might start getting some requests to switch to a 13.5T or a 17.5T...

Lots of bang (speed!) for the buck, those.

Looking forward to seeing it Also excited to see what you do with the Mon-Tech!
I'll be at least a few weeks before I have time to work on the Mon-Tech, but here's some quick phone pictures of the McAllister Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype:

Now, to put on some of these Martini decals...

About the Colt 911 GT1, I hope it looks better painted than it does clear Mind you the Merc CLK sort of gave me the similar feeling.
The ones I saw painted came out very nice. I wasn't so sure about this Corvette DP, but wow! The phone pictures (and the tall stove-pipe body posts!) don't do it justice all that well, in person it's amazing.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Pierre-
I've always liked the Gulf colors you put on the Riley, but the Martini scheme on the Corvette DP is very cool. Finish it up with the decals an trim the posts and let us see it. Wish you would have used our head light decals though....LOL
Old 03-19-2015, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Ive been running the HPI ML for years and it has worked great for me. Never had any issues with it on TC5,6,6.1,6.1WC,and 6.2...no mods

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Carpet track at HotShot........that was a couple of years ago.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here in Ontario VTA or CVTA as we call it sometimes, is 1450g, 21.5 blinky, hpi vintage treaded tires.

I think the Canadian Nationals in Welland this weekend are going to be on Live RC for those who are interested. It's run in a mall courtyard so it can bring exposure to the public. I went last year and it was awesome.

Back to the USGT.... man some of you guys have some sharp looking bodies!! I'm going to be picking up the new PF-10 shortly. From the first time I saw the PF-12 I was hoping to see a tenth scale release so I'm pretty excited by it. I'd also like to try the Lexus LFA too.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:09 PM
Tech Addict

With the tires trued down a bit, they just seem to grip forever, massive cornering speed! After a few races, once you've worked out the set-up a bit better, you might start getting some requests to switch to a 13.5T or a 17.5T...

Lots of bang (speed!) for the buck, those.
I agree, the car handles really fast, responsive and like lighting. Just think turn and it's already done it! Now if only we can expand the legal body selection past 3 models.

I'll be at least a few weeks before I have time to work on the Mon-Tech, but here's some quick phone pictures of the McAllister Racing Corvette Daytona Prototype:

Now, to put on some of these Martini decals...

The ones I saw painted came out very nice. I wasn't so sure about this Corvette DP, but wow! The phone pictures (and the tall stove-pipe body posts!) don't do it justice all that well, in person it's amazing.
Looks really nice! Gulf and Martini, 2 of the most recognizable racing car liveries ever!

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Ive been running the HPI ML for years and it has worked great for me. Never had any issues with it on TC5,6,6.1,6.1WC,and 6.2...no mods
Great to know, I'll try fitting one to my 6.1, Thanks!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by flyingm
I've always liked the Gulf colors you put on the Riley, but the Martini scheme on the Corvette DP is very cool. Finish it up with the decals an trim the posts and let us see it. Wish you would have used our head light decals though....LOL
Glad you like them! Thanks for a cool set of bodies, there! I'll definitely send you some pictures for your "Racer's Rides" section once I'm finished with them!

I'll use the head light decals on the ones I'll use for racing (quicker than painting them in, for sure!), but I'd feel pretty bad covering up my mate's nicely done hand-made ones!
Old 03-20-2015, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Looks really nice! Gulf and Martini, 2 of the most recognizable racing car liveries ever!
Yeah, I don't really like the real Daytona Prototype liveries (very few that are recognizable without the decals, but the Martini doesn't need them!), but I wanted something "evocative", rather than "scale", and I sure got it!
Old 03-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah, I don't really like the real Daytona Prototype liveries (very few that are recognizable without the decals, but the Martini doesn't need them!), but I wanted something "evocative", rather than "scale", and I sure got it!
The Martini livery certainly got you that, and it was nicely executed.

Here is a Daytona one I've been sweet on.

The Chip Ganassi Riley
Old 03-20-2015, 07:25 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Damn.....now I want a wgt car and a montech m10 body. Grrrrr.

I ran usgt last sunday (PF LFA body), and then switched the car over to 21.5 CTA setup on tuesday night and ran it at practice on wednesday. Same lap times. The ride usgt tires have less grip but are easier to drive on. They are much more progressive on breakaway. The two classes are comparable to the point that we run them on the track at the same time in our club.

Edit: that Ginassi Riley is hot! I have been struggling to come up with a paint scheme for my Sweep STC-6 body. I might have to take some styling ideas from that Riley.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBM
Damn.....now I want a wgt car and a montech m10 body. Grrrrr.

I ran usgt last sunday (PF LFA body), and then switched the car over to 21.5 CTA setup on tuesday night and ran it at practice on wednesday. Same lap times. The ride usgt tires have less grip but are easier to drive on. They are much more progressive on breakaway. The two classes are comparable to the point that we run them on the track at the same time in our club.
You know you need to get one to add to you number of classes to run, if you want to be the Iron Man

That's good to know Dennis! Its going to be a fun class to run. I started tear down of my CTA car this week, to convert to USGT. Somehow it's all apart on my bench now. I've taken it farther than I intended

Originally Posted by DBM
Edit: that Ginassi Riley is hot! I have been struggling to come up with a paint scheme for my Sweep STC-6 body. I might have to take some styling ideas from that Riley.
Yeah, I was thinking of painting a PFM-10 like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.