Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6280Likes

USGT

Hide Wikipost
Old 08-12-2017, 12:28 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: DARKSIDE
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list in qualifing order

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
16 J.M. TSR. 15 Xray
18 R.C. TSR T4
19 M.K. Reedy Powered M3 AE TC7
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pphaneuf
This is on an Xray T4 2015. As there is no USGT in the UK, it's built to the slowest BRCA touring car class (except for the shell!), weighting 1350g, on Sorex 28 slicks, and running a 17.5T motor with blinky ESC.
Man, that's our fastest sedan set up locally on carpet only with a different body.

I really like the idea of a 17.5 blinky power plant for USGT. Sometimes it cost way too much money to find a good 21.5. I think an average inexpensive 17.5 might be too much power for our spec tires which would put the emphasis on handling and driving. This is also the reason people sometimes will opt for a mod class.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

http:// http://blog.caranddriver.com...ro-626x417.jpg
Old 03-19-2015, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Old 03-19-2015, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Have you seen the upside-down Camaro that runs in the LeMons series?
Yes, I was going to post a pic of that one, too, but it wouldn't require that a manufacturer create a new body. Also, if I ran one, some of my racing buddies wouldn't notice anything unusual since my car already spends much of its track time upside-down.

P.S. Your links didn't work for me.
Old 03-19-2015, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kawi650
Isn't this just a short course truck?
Or maybe modified oval/late model dirt oval?
Old 03-19-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ErikO
Hi everyone,

What 24mm wheels are popular to use? Are the Ride six spoke or mesh wheels that Gravity provide strong and/or light?

I'm considering ordering the Speedmind wheels as they come in an 8 pack and are really inexpensive, but I'm not sure about durability. I'm also considering Tamiya wheels as I've had good luck with them in the past.

I'm not a terrible drive but I'd like to have a wheel that can take a board hit or two without cracking
I ran the Gravity 6-spoke rims through three sets of rubber (acetone is amazing) before they finally cracked and were thrown away. Some at our track found the mesh rims to be harder than the 6-spokes.

The Speedmind wheels seem to hold up OK.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 AM
Tech Addict

This is on an Xray T4 2015. As there is no USGT in the UK, it's built to the slowest BRCA touring car class (except for the shell!), weighting 1350g, on Sorex 28 slicks, and running a 17.5T motor with blinky ESC.

I'm finding the clearance above the front tires to be a bit tight, so I probably will keep this one as a "shelf" body, but I'm thinking of running either a Corvette Daytona Prototype or a PFM-10 for racing at my club (they're pretty relaxed about body shell rules).
That's like the spec of our 17.5 Touring, except 1380g and we can't run cool bodies like that, only econobox sedans

No doubt the shell is tight to the towers. I have a HPI McLaren F1 I've been wanting to fit to my AE TC6.1 or TC6.2, but it will require modification of the towers to fit.

Originally Posted by ErikO
Hi everyone,

What 24mm wheels are popular to use? Are the Ride six spoke or mesh wheels that Gravity provide strong and/or light?

I'm considering ordering the Speedmind wheels as they come in an 8 pack and are really inexpensive, but I'm not sure about durability. I'm also considering Tamiya wheels as I've had good luck with them in the past.

I'm not a terrible drive but I'd like to have a wheel that can take a board hit or two without cracking
I had ordered a set of the Speedmind 8 pack mesh wheels, and in the meantime I won a set of Gravity RC mesh wheels at a WCICS race. They look to be the same wheels, close in every regard. They look like they would be strong enough. I can take a picture and weight them for you if you would like.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Wow those must be good wheels!

Originally Posted by dwestlund
I ran the Gravity 6-spoke rims through three sets of rubber (acetone is amazing) before they finally cracked and were thrown away. Some at our track found the mesh rims to be harder than the 6-spokes.

The Speedmind wheels seem to hold up OK.
Those wheels must be fantastic, by the time I've worn out a set of VTA tires the rim is out of shape enough that I have to start taking camber average readings when I don't want to take the time to put the car on the rack. Meaning when I buy new tires there is no chance of me wanting to reuse the rim.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Oh, by the way, Dale and Eric, if you'd bring back your beautiful Protoform Mulsanne, I'm sure we could do with some here...
I heartily concur!! Bring back the Mulsanne
Old 03-19-2015, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Microtome
Those wheels must be fantastic, by the time I've worn out a set of VTA tires the rim is out of shape enough that I have to start taking camber average readings when I don't want to take the time to put the car on the rack. Meaning when I buy new tires there is no chance of me wanting to reuse the rim.
I will mourn the loss of those wheels, we've been through a lot together.

I will likely not recycle rims as much going forward given the fact that the rims likely ARE messed up and my skill to notice the impact on performance hasn't developed yet.
Old 03-19-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Good to know. Thanks for the input!

I'll see what my LHS can get the Speedmind wheels for, if they're comparable, I'll probably get the Gravity pre-mounts.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcwck
Man, that's our fastest sedan set up locally on carpet only with a different body.

I really like the idea of a 17.5 blinky power plant for USGT. Sometimes it cost way too much money to find a good 21.5. I think an average inexpensive 17.5 might be too much power for our spec tires which would put the emphasis on handling and driving. This is also the reason people sometimes will opt for a mod class.
I've noticed that in the US/Canada, the classes are really conservative with the motors, in the UK less so, and in continental Europe, it seems like they're always running modified!

The most popular carpet classes for touring cars here are 17.5T blinky and 13.5T boosted, I'd say. There's some open mod at bigger events, but not much of a scene at the weekly club race level. In continental Europe, you'll sometimes see 10.5T blinky classes!

There's a few (very few!) racing something like VTA (like, once a year each on carpet and asphalt), but with 17.5T and HPI vintage slicks (no treads). And there's absolutely nothing like USGT!

Mod racing pretty much eliminates the hunt for that little bit of extra power that can make racing rather costly. That expensive motor that's just a bit more powerful, or running newer motors and batteries all the time, so they have that little more punch... In exchange, it's harder to drive, and you crash more, so it's expensive in spare parts.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ViperZ
That's like the spec of our 17.5 Touring, except 1380g and we can't run cool bodies like that, only econobox sedans
We can't run cool bodies on touring cars here at all, as there's nothing like USGT! I'm just putting on cool bodies at my local club, because they don't care that much about the body rules.

Once thing I never understood: where does the extra 30g comes from? 1360g would make sense (that's 3 lbs), but while we (and IFMAR) are running 1350g, ROAR is 1380g? What's up with that?

No doubt the shell is tight to the towers. I have a HPI McLaren F1 I've been wanting to fit to my AE TC6.1 or TC6.2, but it will require modification of the towers to fit.
The shock towers have enough space, actually, but it takes very little compression of the front suspension for the tires to touch the body... No modifications were done, I just moved the thingies on the body posts down, no problem.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

I heartily concur!! Bring back the Mulsanne
I just received my Mon-Tech M10, it's nice, but... it's no Mulsanne.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

We can't run cool bodies on touring cars here at all, as there's nothing like USGT! I'm just putting on cool bodies at my local club, because they don't care that much about the body rules.
Understood. We're a bit casual at the club level as well. I get to run my Merc CLK WGT in our CTA class. The CTA is like VTA, however with 21.5T motor and treaded tires.

Once thing I never understood: where does the extra 30g comes from? 1360g would make sense (that's 3 lbs), but while we (and IFMAR) are running 1350g, ROAR is 1380g? What's up with that?
I'm not sure however I understand it was lowered from another value around ~1400g

The shock towers have enough space, actually, but it takes very little compression of the front suspension for the tires to touch the body... No modifications were done, I just moved the thingies on the body posts down, no problem.
That sounds runable to me

I just received my Mon-Tech M10, it's nice, but... it's no Mulsanne.
Really? Will you be mounting that on your Xray T4? I will be interested in how it fits..
I'm still looking forward to the Muslo LMP for the WGT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.