R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-29-2016, 12:48 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jlfx car audio
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
18 R.C. TSR T4
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Old 11-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #3316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAY F View Post
Hi, Does anyone know a good Q&A web site? I have been out of racing for 25yrs (LOL) about a year ago I went out and bought a TT-01E car and started racing that class. I know zero about brushless motors, well the basics. Anyway I want to run the USGT class ( crap another newbie). I bought a TC10 chassis and a 21.5 motor but I am really lost to the gearing and the speed controll set up, after all I was racing direct drive pan cars, brushed motors.OOOLD SKOOL HERE PREHISTORIC. Can anybody help get me directed in the right direction (BESIDE THE EXIT DOOR) Thanks people for all your help and time. JAY F
Jay I'm in Raleigh and race at ho-b max my name is Aaron. Hit me up at the next points race and I'll get you squared away. All the guys up there are very helpful.

Tekno R/C, McFactory Motorsports, Pro-Line/Protoform, Hobbywing North America/FalconSEKIDO, HRP Distributing, PTRC Racing, Ho B Max
Antimullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:17 PM   #3317
Tech Rookie

Default HELP

Hi, Does anyone know a good Q&A web site? I have been out of racing for 25yrs (LOL) about a year ago I went out and bought a TT-01E car and started racing that class. I know zero about brushless motors, well the basics. Anyway I want to run the USGT class ( crap another newbie). I bought a TC10 chassis and a 21.5 motor but I am really lost to the gearing and the speed controll set up, after all I was racing direct drive pan cars, brushed motors.OOOLD SKOOL HERE PREHISTORIC. Can anybody help get me directed in the right direction (BESIDE THE EXIT DOOR) Thanks people for all your help and time. JAY F
JAY F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #3318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwavedave33 View Post
ok its been a while since I visited this thread... what the / who the / why the??? step away from the keyboard, paint a body, put it on your car and have fun. OR let's make this a ROAR class... LOLOLOLOL HEEEEEEECCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK NO!

like!

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #3319
Tech Rookie

Hi Arron thanks man will see you this Sunday ho b max..and thanks again
JAY F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:25 PM   #3320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi and welcome!

Rctech is pretty good for help as long as you ask questions within the threads and not make new threads asking questions.
A good resource to catch up on basics electronics I think is the rookie zone;
http://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:14 PM   #3321
Tech Addict

Quote:
Look at PetitRC for setup on that chassis (i'm not familiar with it) or there may be a thread for that chassis, which would be the best place to get chassis specific info. What motor and ESC did you get? I'm sure someone here should help you with gearing and ESC setup. Either discuss here of send me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help. I'm sure others here are willing to help too.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #3322
Tech Elite

Quote:
Just ask here or ask us at the track Jay. Myself and several others will be glad to help out. We always do when people ask. If you are at HoB this Sunday for the points race, look us up. Or ask Jose at the counter and he'll point us out for you.
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 11:02 PM   #3323
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Jägermeister Porsche 911 Turbo USGT

Getting ready for the Porsche Cup at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville, CA. USGT rules, but everyone is running the HPI 7335 body and a spec Tekin 21.5 motor.

Thanks to Carl Seils for the decals.
There are a couple of small Jägermeister logos in there from Racersparadise.de too.

Last edited by funked1; 01-10-2015 at 11:38 PM.
funked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #3324
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by funked1 View Post
Getting ready for the Porsche Cup at Speedworld Raceway in Roseville, CA. USGT rules, but everyone is running the HPI 7335 body and a spec Tekin 21.5 motor.

Thanks to Carl Seils for the decals.
There are a couple of small Jägermeister logos in there from Racersparadise.de too.
Let me know how the racing is compared to regular USGT. I've been pushing for a spec class where everyone runs the same motor in USGT.
John Wallace2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 10:11 AM   #3325
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
One issue I know of with the TT01 is the very limited gearing. Running USGT you need to be able to gear the car properly. The TT01 is really only good for gearing a silver can brushed motor. There are mods however to fix this, I think, check out the TT01 thread.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:35 PM   #3326
Tech Master

TT-01's have been a really strong class at Indy RC for several years. Below is a link to the TT-01 rules. The goal was to stay stock and keep everyone competitive. It's been labeled as an entry level class, but the speeds are good and the TT-01's allow many cool bodies

http://indyrc.homestead.com/RulesOnRoadTT-01.html
USVTA #144
IndyHobbies.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #3327
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Yeah its been talked about before its legal to be raced. We understand its a concept car but again its shape does not look like a 12th scale or wedge body....its shape is no different than other production cars that are raced....think HPI Mclaren body...etc.
anyone tried to fit it on BD7? I heard its low and the damper stay may touch

Last edited by policeman0077; 01-20-2015 at 06:25 PM.
policeman0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 10:15 AM   #3328
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm going to be trying out the Hpi Porsche 911 gt1 this Friday in usgt. I like the body a lot just looks a little longer then I like, but we'll see.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:24 PM   #3329
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltss2k View Post
I'm going to be trying out the Hpi Porsche 911 gt1 this Friday in usgt. I like the body a lot just looks a little longer then I like, but we'll see.
saw one in local, very slim body and seems fast
Old 01-20-2015, 08:43 PM   #3330
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by policeman0077 View Post
anyone tried to fit it on BD7? I heard its low and the damper stay may touch
I'm not sure about fitting on a BD7. Some that have tried to use this body needed the shock tower to stick through the body to fit.