R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-29-2016, 12:48 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jlfx car audio
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
11
12
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
15
16
17
18 R.C. TSR T4
19
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
21
22 E.S. motiv T4
23
24
25
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
27
28
29
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
31
32
33
34
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
36
37
38 R.C. TSR A800
39
40 W.S. Reedy
41
42
43 Motiv xray
44
45
46 Motiv Xray
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

Print Wikipost

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2014, 04:10 PM   #2326
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

I believe it is a Tamiya IFS only body. So IFS front, shorty, or NO shocks.




Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 04:51 PM   #2327
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Looks like a 911GT1 from the A pillar back. Headlights look like Ferrari 360.
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:38 AM   #2328
Tech Regular
 
waltss2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 461
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Is that even legal for USGT?
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:17 AM   #2329
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltss2k View Post
Is that even legal for USGT?
It is a REAL car that was raced and it is even shown racing next to a GT-R R35. (Another body I was debating over trying.)

The Mazdaspeed Furai was deemed legal and that wasn't even raced, but it was a real car.


I picked the body because I didn't see anyone else was running it. I got the same lap times with my all white NSX that I did with the 408R, but the 408R is painted much much better.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #2330
Tech Regular
 
Norman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brevard, NC
Posts: 289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
It is a REAL car that was raced and it is even shown racing next to a GT-R R35. (Another body I was debating over trying.)

The Mazdaspeed Furai was deemed legal and that wasn't even raced, but it was a real car.


I picked the body because I didn't see anyone else was running it. I got the same lap times with my all white NSX that I did with the 408R, but the 408R is painted much much better.
Hi, The photo posted of the Shaken is not racing against a GTR-35 but racing
against a Honda HSV-010 but they are not in the same category. The Honda
is GT500 and the Shaken GT300. Both are beautiful bodies. Regards
Norman2
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #2331
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norman2 View Post
Hi, The photo posted of the Shaken is not racing against a GTR-35 but racing
against a Honda HSV-010 but they are not in the same category. The Honda
is GT500 and the Shaken GT300. Both are beautiful bodies. Regards
Norman2
Ahhh good eye. The GTR-35 looks kind of like the HSV-010.

Some GT300 car pictures


Some GT500 car pictures
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #2332
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Spring Hill Tn
Posts: 652
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
It is a REAL car that was raced and it is even shown racing next to a GT-R R35. (Another body I was debating over trying.)

The Mazdaspeed Furai was deemed legal and that wasn't even raced, but it was a real car.


I picked the body because I didn't see anyone else was running it. I got the same lap times with my all white NSX that I did with the 408R, but the 408R is painted much much better.
I almost went with this too. Picked the Lexus instead. Still might get this just because. Im really eyeing at GTP GM product now too.
freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #2333
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,663
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
Ahhh good eye. The GTR-35 looks kind of like the HSV-010.

Some GT300 car pictures


Some GT500 car pictures
hey Robk and Kevin you guys should look at these as a template for legal bodies...

this is a good list imo
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #2334
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
hey Robk and Kevin you guys should look at these as a template for legal bodies...

this is a good list imo
Here is a better list of cars used in GT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_GT

I don't care if it goes to this list or not, but it is a good reference. I know people run things like the new Protoform Camaro body and I see no problem with it. I am sure if this rule was changed people with bodies not in this list would not be in favor.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:23 PM   #2335
Tech Regular
 
Norman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Brevard, NC
Posts: 289
Default

Hi, I think that the Honda HSV-010 body is one of the best for handling in USGT.
I have been using one since last year and will use it again this year. Regards
Norman2

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Norman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #2336
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Gentlemen,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the only "list" that I have seen for USGT bodies is that NO bodies on the ROAR T2 list are allowed and I have seen comments about not allowing any trucks. That's all.
A guy at the local track was running a Protoform Gianna last weekend and I wanted to get bent out of shape about it, but I refrained and checked the USVTA website for the updated USGT rules. By my reading of the rules, it is not a T2 body and it's not a truck, therefore, it is legal. Even thought I didn't make a stink, I am going to go and apologize to the driver in question and move forward.

Scott
__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #2337
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis S View Post
I believe it is a Tamiya IFS only body. So IFS front, shorty, or NO shocks.



The body fit on my TB04 with no issues. It had plenty of room for the stand up front shocks.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #2338
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
Gentlemen,

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the only "list" that I have seen for USGT bodies is that NO bodies on the ROAR T2 list are allowed and I have seen comments about not allowing any trucks. That's all.
A guy at the local track was running a Protoform Gianna last weekend and I wanted to get bent out of shape about it, but I refrained and checked the USVTA website for the updated USGT rules. By my reading of the rules, it is not a T2 body and it's not a truck, therefore, it is legal. Even thought I didn't make a stink, I am going to go and apologize to the driver in question and move forward.

Scott
Is that the body that was cut open in the hood so that the front shocks were sticking out

Pan car body on a touring car chassis. That alone should make it unsporting.
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:31 PM   #2339
Tech Master
 
NutDriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

No, it was another Gianna. Must've been on a different chassis as there was no need to cut holes in the hood.
If I had my way (fat chance!), I would like USGT body rules to be more specific. I would like to see it keep out "doorstops" and restricted to bodies that bear a reasonable resemblance to a real 1:1 car, preferably production-based. While the Nissan GTP bodies of the late 1980s were said to be 300ZX-based, they certainly didn't look it to me. Ditto for Rod Millen's Pikes Peak "Toyota Tundra", but I guess the "not trucks" restriction would probably bump it anyhow.



__________________
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

USVTA member #111
NutDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:12 PM   #2340
Tech Elite
 
MikeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 4,918
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutDriver View Post
No, it was another Gianna. Must've been on a different chassis as there was no need to cut holes in the hood.
If I had my way (fat chance!), I would like USGT body rules to be more specific. I would like to see it keep out "doorstops" and restricted to bodies that bear a reasonable resemblance to a real 1:1 car, preferably production-based. While the Nissan GTP bodies of the late 1980s were said to be 300ZX-based, they certainly didn't look it to me. Ditto for Rod Millen's Pikes Peak "Toyota Tundra", but I guess the "not trucks" restriction would probably bump it anyhow.



I thought it was supposed to be an 'inspired by' car but what car is the 'Gianna' supposed to be?
__________________
www.exotekracing.com ☆ASSOCIATED☆DURANGO☆HPI☆HB RACING☆KYOSHO☆LOSI/TLR☆SERPENT☆TAMIYA☆XRAY☆

A picture with your post, when trouble shooting, will probably get more rctech help than without...
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion liljohn1064 Electric On-Road 3954 12-04-2016 12:24 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
Drifting mr4tcsdrifter Colorado Racing 2678 11-01-2011 10:34 PM
RC GT Open str8.krooked Colorado Racing 49 04-28-2009 10:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0