R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-29-2016, 12:48 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jlfx car audio
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
18 R.C. TSR T4
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
22 E.S. motiv T4
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
38 R.C. TSR A800
40 W.S. Reedy
43 Motiv xray
46 Motiv Xray

Print Wikipost

Old 10-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #1561
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Yes they were looked at the performance of the tires were not matched by X patterns or the Ride tires. The wear was considerably higher than what we would have liked for a spec tire.

Its very hard to please everyone and we know that. When we tested all of the tires on the market we went with what was the most economical along with the best performance.

Again this rule is for the national rule set your local track can adapt them for local racers as they see fit.
Sounds great, ordered a bunch of different tires including the rides so will have some fun with my first usgt this weekend.

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:37 PM   #1562
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know we keep saying that the compounds between the Ride unmounted and the Pre mounts are different but it just sounds crazy when both tires have C02 on them. I guess I will see for myself this week when my unmounted get here. I'm with a lot of guy's on the wheels because the 24's just don't look realistic.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #1563
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltss2k View Post
I know we keep saying that the compounds between the Ride unmounted and the Pre mounts are different but it just sounds crazy when both tires have C02 on them. I guess I will see for myself this week when my unmounted get here. I'm with a lot of guy's on the wheels because the 24's just don't look realistic.
Its the same mold thats used for both tires so the tires look the same but they do not perform the same. We were also told by thunderpower 2 years ago that the tires were not the same compound that Ride used has changed it after it made the tires for Dynamite. So yes the tires can both look exactly the same yet be different compounds.

I dont really see how a 24mm wheel doesnt look that realistic? Once the body is on you dont see the wheels anyway just from the outside and its hard to tell a 24mm rim for a 26mm rim.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #1564
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
I dont really see how a 24mm wheel doesnt look that realistic? Once the body is on you dont see the wheels anyway just from the outside and its hard to tell a 24mm rim for a 26mm rim.
It's not the width that's the issue. The available styles in 24mm are not as realistic looking as so many 26mm wheels, plain and simple.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:06 PM   #1565
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ride also offers these wheels:

We could see if Gravity would bring these wheels in as well.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #1566
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how about 2-6 offsets
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #1567
Tech Regular

Quote:
Its the same mold thats used for both tires so the tires look the same but they do not perform the same. We were also told by thunderpower 2 years ago that the tires were not the same compound that Ride used has changed it after it made the tires for Dynamite. So yes the tires can both look exactly the same yet be different compounds.

I don't really see how a 24mm wheel doesn't look that realistic? Once the body is on you don't see the wheels anyway just from the outside and its hard to tell a 24mm rim for a 26mm rim.
It's not the width it's the styles. But at this point until some possibly come available the one's available will have to work.
waltss2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #1568
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltss2k View Post
let me know what you find out
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #1569
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Ride also offers these wheels:

We could see if Gravity would bring these wheels in as well.
Those are the exact two sets of wheels I just got in Dynamite pre mounts , only difference is mine are chromed . There seems to be some questions as to there durability , I will find out this weekend at the Classic , NOBODY can drive too far into a turn and side slam the boards like me ! I'll let you know how they hold up
mikpiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:05 PM   #1570
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2013...ern-nationals/
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #1571
Tech Adept

Why do we need a "spec" tire any way? If somebody finds one that works for them, that's great. If they have a certain brand hand out tire at a particular race, awesome. Why re-define the rules from one that invites people with RTR treaded tires to rules that essentially are in place to force people to go on line to get several sets of tires or not be able to race? I got into this class as a way to AFFORD ABLY race at the local track and occasionally race elsewhere. At the start the rules were simple and easy to follow. What happened?
Old 10-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #1572
Tech Champion

The new tires are cheap. Old ones can be run until the rule goes into effect and at clubs with relaxed rules until they are used up. Economics is not the best argument against this ruling in my opinion. Rim choice is the hitch for me, and if I find a way to shave 2mm out of a rim and keep it straight, then I will have zero issues with the change.

For me this is just a sign of the class getting a little more serious. Up til now USGT is what I do while my VTA battery charges.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #1573
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogershobby View Post
Why re-define the rules ...I got into this class as a way to AFFORD ABLY race ...At the start the rules were simple and easy to follow. What happened?
This was one of my biggest gripes when we once had a local GT class with 27T brushed motors, however, the downfall was they picked a bunch of electronics that couldn't be found in an RTR. I strongly feel that organizers should base a class purely on a RTR, I don't care which one, but just pick one. Then when spectators come up to you at the track and start asking questions with a level of interest in getting into racing, all I have to say is no prob, just go in the store and buy "XYZ" for $200, drop it on the track and start racing with us next round... done deal, hook line and sinker.

What happens instead, I tell folks oh no, you have to go online and spend hours of research studying every minute rule with meticulous detail and spend somewhere between $300-$500 to get a car race ready, maybe $1,000 (or more) if you want to go extremely high end.

So it should be no surprise that USGT is clearly NOT interested in bringing any new blood into the hobby, it's become yet another "exclusive club members only" type of snobbery... kinda sad really

USGT killed our local GT class and what sucks the most is the guys who bullied everyone into switching over to USGT are no longer running the class anymore!
billdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #1574
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by billdelong View Post
USGT killed our local GT class and what sucks the most is the guys who bullied everyone into switching over to USGT are no longer running the class anymore!
Hmm...never thought of myself as a bully before.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #1575
Tech Champion

wow...seems that the issue is elsewhere
January 2017
Thunder RC Raceway
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote