R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

    Hide Wikipost
Old 11-29-2016, 12:48 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech Forums Thread Wiki: USGT
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: jlfx car audio
USIC USGT 2016 Motor and Chassis list

TQ A.F. TSR A800
2nd D.J. TeamPowers A800
3rd B.S. TSR A800
4th M.L. TSR A800
5th M.F TeamPowers A800
6th D.J TSR Destiny
7th J.W. Trinity Monster '17 Xray
8th C.V TSR Destiny
9 A.C. TSR A700
10 B.K. R1 v15 A700
11
12
13 J.L. TSR A800
14 M.L. TSR Destiny
15
16
17
18 R.C. TSR T4
19
20 S.J. TSR Destiny
21
22 E.S. motiv T4
23
24
25
26 P.D. TSR Destiny
27
28
29
30 V.P. Reedy M3 serpent 3.0
31
32
33
34
35 Y.B. Fantom A800
36
37
38 R.C. TSR A800
39
40 W.S. Reedy
41
42
43 Motiv xray
44
45
46 Motiv Xray
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

Print Wikipost

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #1516
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
thanks for the reply Rob. My "level the playing field was a reply to Travis S post where he said the "spec tire would do that. Sorry for the confusion there.
I also appreciate the effort to find a useable cheaper alternative. that's great, but why does it then need to be Mandatory.aka "spec". Why couldn't it be listed as a "recommended" tire for the class in the rules ? What about the guys who already have 3-5 sets of the pevious allowed tires ? They are now wasted money.
I don't know what I am taking about... Don't listen to me.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #1517
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,404
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket3 View Post
thanks for the reply Rob. My "level the playing field was a reply to Travis S post where he said the "spec tire would do that. Sorry for the confusion there.
I also appreciate the effort to find a useable cheaper alternative. that's great, but why does it then need to be Mandatory.aka "spec". Why couldn't it be listed as a "recommended" tire for the class in the rules ? What about the guys who already have 3-5 sets of the pevious allowed tires ? They are now wasted money.
#1 It's January 1 2014 for the tires. This is so people can use up the tires. If it's better for your area that you allow the current rules for a longer time, go with what works for you. Kevin K runs the Hurricane Midwest All Star series (10 years!) and he is allowing the current tire rule for his entire 2013/2014 schedule.

The point is to get everyone to something that works and is not hard to get or overly expensive. Do you want to try 10 different tires? Or try to get something that is not being made but works well? One guy near us bought HPI Advans to try, and found out they were not very good, wore out fast, and were expensive. We have done the legwork for you... I can post the pictures of my tire box so you can see that I am out 10x the amount of money you are by implementing this rule.

__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #1518
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Me either Travis S.

thanks for reply Rob.
miket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #1519
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,660
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

well Ive got 11 sets of tires and rims for GT...Rides,HPI,AE, and some off-brand ?

and not incl whats in the bag...lol..

I see how this is going to help.... count me in and the 2014 Southern Nats....but we need rims that will allow different off-sets...
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #1520
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,660
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

here are the 2 AE tires...one from RTR TC4, other is the ones from earlier
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313

Last edited by Matt Trimmings; 05-19-2016 at 10:29 PM.
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #1521
Tech Master
 
Travis S's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 1,372
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
well Ive got 11 sets of tires and rims for GT...Rides,HPI,AE, and some off-brand ?

and not incl whats in the bag...lol..

I see how this is going to help.... count me in and the 2014 Southern Nats....but we need rims that will allow different off-sets...
It is just the tires and inserts are going to be spec and not the rims they are mounted on is what I thought.

There are tamiya rims that are 24mm with different offsets I have seen like +2.

For example:

http://www.tamiyausa.com/items/radio...els-4pcs-53468

Last edited by Travis S; 10-21-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Travis S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #1522
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 577
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

How about you guys send me all those Junk tires Jan 2nd. I will hand them out for free to anyone new wanting to try USGT at our local track ? I'll even pay shipping.

DEAL ?
miket3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #1523
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
#1 It's January 1 2014 for the tires. This is so people can use up the tires. If it's better for your area that you allow the current rules for a longer time, go with what works for you. Kevin K runs the Hurricane Midwest All Star series (10 years!) and he is allowing the current tire rule for his entire 2013/2014 schedule.

The point is to get everyone to something that works and is not hard to get or overly expensive. Do you want to try 10 different tires? Or try to get something that is not being made but works well? One guy near us bought HPI Advans to try, and found out they were not very good, wore out fast, and were expensive. We have done the legwork for you... I can post the pictures of my tire box so you can see that I am out 10x the amount of money you are by implementing this rule.

jan 1st 2014...that only 3 months away

will the dynamite/ride tires be allowed??

& where can we get these RIDE TIRES??

& at yall big events will yall have them for sale??
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #1524
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

I like the spec tire rule, after all USGT is a spec class. Makes it easy to know what tire to use lol

Just dont spec the motors ... dont like whats happening in vta with now 3 allowed spec motors

Each track/club is different and will do whats best for its racers.
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #1525
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 7,660
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

this isn't rocket science....

plan is to have a spec tire and insert for USGT as of 2014, Jan 1st...Im guessing the Summit Nationals at Ft Wayne will be open as that race is Feb, but that's Jeremy call...Im sure the Scale Nats in Chi will be Rides, as well as 2014 Southern Nats too...

For your club races Im sure the tires you have are fine till they run out...but that's your race director call....after adding up what I have in GT tires?....gee whiz...Im in...save me the $$$$
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/RockStar Paint, LLC
THUNDER JAM IX Snowbirds Warm-up
January 21, 2017 Thunder RC Raceway
http://events.rcsignup.com/events/displayEvent.cfm?id=5313
DARKSIDE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #1526
Tech Addict
 
moparSRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
jan 1st 2014...that only 3 months away

will the dynamite/ride tires be allowed??

& where can we get these RIDE TIRES??

& at yall big events will yall have them for sale??
If the look exactly the same then no way of saying no @ tech

Ordered some today here : http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...=0&sort=normal
__________________
2014 IFMAR Warm-Up Pics >>> www.rcactionpics.com <<<

Check it out >>> www.RaceVTA.com <<<
moparSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #1527
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparSRT View Post
If the look exactly the same then no way of saying no @ tech

Ordered some today here : http://www.teamgravityrc.com/store1/...=0&sort=normal
thanks!!
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #1528
Tech Master
 
DarthRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

So I am assuming that the testing has been done for these Ride tires on carpet and asphalt? If they wear on asphalt like the X-patterns do I'm in on the spec tires. The HPIs are practically spec at my track (outdoor concrete) because of the wear and handling characteristics but are hard to get now and are a little expensive. This could save me a lot of money testing other tires.
__________________
For the Sontaran Empire!

Carolinas R/C Track Directory - https://sites.google.com/site/carolinasrctracklocator/
DarthRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #1529
Tech Addict
 
Tommy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Austin, TX, USA
Posts: 625
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I'm fine with a spec tire for USGT, however, I would be very disappointed if they are only available in 24mm widths. I used to run that width (Advans) and was always disappointed with the options I had, i.e. no where near the options available for 26mm tires.

I think it'd be great if the spec tire is available in 24mm and 26mm widths. Could be a fun tuning aid.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #1530
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,754
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthRacer View Post
So I am assuming that the testing has been done for these Ride tires on carpet and asphalt? If they wear on asphalt like the X-patterns do I'm in on the spec tires. The HPIs are practically spec at my track (outdoor concrete) because of the wear and handling characteristics but are hard to get now and are a little expensive. This could save me a lot of money testing other tires.
Yes the tires have been tested on both carpet and asphalt. The tire wears better than both X-patterns on carpet and is cheaper with the same amount of grip. The wear on them outside is better than the pro compound X patterns with more grip than the D compound with their wear more inline with the D's on asphalt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
I'm fine with a spec tire for USGT, however, I would be very disappointed if they are only available in 24mm widths. I used to run that width (Advans) and was always disappointed with the options I had, i.e. no where near the options available for 26mm tires.

I think it'd be great if the spec tire is available in 24mm and 26mm widths. Could be a fun tuning aid.
These tires are only made in 24mm. More choices leads to more cost the main goal was to help stem the cost and make tires that were easy to obtain on a regular basis. With help from Gravity RC they will make sure that there is good supply in the country and making sure to meet the racer and hobby shop demand.


For the guys looking for more offset in 24mm rims you can always add wider hexes to your car as well. Most cars now come with rather narrow hexes with long axles that can easy take wider hexes.
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....14th year running 2016/17!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion liljohn1064 Electric On-Road 3954 12-04-2016 12:24 PM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM
Drifting mr4tcsdrifter Colorado Racing 2678 11-01-2011 10:34 PM
RC GT Open str8.krooked Colorado Racing 49 04-28-2009 10:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0