R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   new F1 !!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/410758-new-f1.html)

il-gufo 06-23-2010 01:48 PM

new F1 !!!

After having launched their 1/8 2WD "classic" car in both gas powered and electric powere versions, at WRC are preparing a new 1/10 electric powered F1....

Here are some photos of a prototype (still sharing some Tamiya parts)...

http://www.rc-elettrico.it/Forum/vie...php?f=57&t=393

more news in the future at:

http://www.wrc-racing.com/

FREAKAH 06-23-2010 02:00 PM

Looks great! Like the front wing idea. Also looks like it's going to be expensive.

Keep us updated.

il-gufo 06-23-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by FREAKAH (Post 7580889)
Looks great! Like the front wing idea. Also looks like it's going to be expensive.

Keep us updated.

rolling chassis will be sold for about 250 euros in Italy...

It is likely that WRC will be looking for distributors/dealers outside Itlay...

bakaguyjean 06-24-2010 08:40 AM

You can tell that a Nitro guy designed this. Too much alloy.All of that alloy need to go away and be replace by FRP or carbon. With the alloy, the first hit and the whole chassis will permently tweak beyound use. Even then using pivoting upper arms with a flat material for the lower arms will allow the arms to flex more than the springs. For very low grip circuits this might be ok, but average circuits will require you to run very hard springs to make up for the flexable lower and upper arms of this design.It looks like they tried to help out the arm flex with the front wing,but I dont see it helping much. The front wing in the picture is 3D printed,but if it made from plastic it looks to thin to help the arms and if it made from re-inforced carbon plastic it looks like it just would break. Tech Racing had a chassis like this but they didnt use the pivot ball upper arms and they also but a large block of plastic between the upper and lower arms towards the knuckles. With the Tech Racing Chassis it works but both the FRP and Carbon arms wear from the flexing. Flat piece of composite are not made to flex as much as suspension arms do. The plates wear out and you end up with flexable arms that are not the same on both sides. So you either have to balance the with different springs or just replace the arms. Tamiya F103 arms are around $6,the Tech Racing arms are around $15 just for the top of bottom.

The more I look at this the more it looks like a very bad Idea. Looks as though the steering servo is mounted flat, but upside down? That could have huge issues with bodies,requireing a low profile servo only.

The lowest chassis plate needs a bumper,oh wait the servo saver is there to protect the chassis?

From what I can see in the two picture the rear looks good. Im guessing they are planing on useing the Tamiya F104 ESC and reciever mounts.

Hopefully they think this through a bit more as its nice to have more F1 chassis around but not poorly thought out cars. Its just bad for F1.

il-gufo 06-24-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean (Post 7584665)
You can tell that a Nitro guy designed this. Too much alloy.All of that alloy need to go away and be replace by FRP or carbon. With the alloy, the first hit and the whole chassis will permently tweak beyound use. Even then using pivoting upper arms with a flat material for the lower arms will allow the arms to flex more than the springs. For very low grip circuits this might be ok, but average circuits will require you to run very hard springs to make up for the flexable lower and upper arms of this design.It looks like they tried to help out the arm flex with the front wing,but I dont see it helping much. The front wing in the picture is 3D printed,but if it made from plastic it looks to thin to help the arms and if it made from re-inforced carbon plastic it looks like it just would break. Tech Racing had a chassis like this but they didnt use the pivot ball upper arms and they also but a large block of plastic between the upper and lower arms towards the knuckles. With the Tech Racing Chassis it works but both the FRP and Carbon arms wear from the flexing. Flat piece of composite are not made to flex as much as suspension arms do. The plates wear out and you end up with flexable arms that are not the same on both sides. So you either have to balance the with different springs or just replace the arms. Tamiya F103 arms are around $6,the Tech Racing arms are around $15 just for the top of bottom.

The more I look at this the more it looks like a very bad Idea. Looks as though the steering servo is mounted flat, but upside down? That could have huge issues with bodies,requireing a low profile servo only.

The lowest chassis plate needs a bumper,oh wait the servo saver is there to protect the chassis?

From what I can see in the two picture the rear looks good. Im guessing they are planing on useing the Tamiya F104 ESC and reciever mounts.

Hopefully they think this through a bit more as its nice to have more F1 chassis around but not poorly thought out cars. Its just bad for F1.

it's just a protopype.... carbon fiber will pop up shortly, I suppose...
abiut the servo... yes it must be a "low profile" one!
The guy who designed the car wants a car with a real "high nose" front like real F1s...

InspGadgt 06-24-2010 10:40 AM

Additionally I would suggest you use the same wing and body mounting as Tamiya so that replacement bodies and wings are easy to find.

il-gufo 06-24-2010 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 7585082)
Additionally I would suggest you use the same wing and body mounting as Tamiya so that replacement bodies and wings are easy to find.

I think it will be done only for the rear wing...

MaxSp97 06-24-2010 07:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by il-gufo (Post 7585056)
it's just a protopype.... carbon fiber will pop up shortly, I suppose...
abiut the servo... yes it must be a "low profile" one!
The guy who designed the car wants a car with a real "high nose" front like real F1s...

Here are the pictures of the HPI EXOTEK F10. This car is look like real F1 than others.:nod:
Awesome job you did Mike.:cool:

il-gufo 08-04-2010 01:07 PM

more photos

http://www.rc-elettrico.it/Forum/vie...3&p=2820#p2820
page two

Production cars should be available by november.... Christmas gift?

M03Racer 08-04-2010 03:42 PM

Not impressed we have better stuff here in the U.S.

il-gufo 08-04-2010 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by M03Racer (Post 7761905)

Time will tell.... ;)

vabroom 08-04-2010 04:21 PM

Who or What?

avs 08-04-2010 04:27 PM

i am impressed, i am particularly interested in the 1/8 treads. that is a very interesting idea for a 1/8 2wd rubber tire class

i am unaware of anything like this whatsoever here in the US. M03Racer, maybe you could enlighten us all?

boro92 08-05-2010 06:32 AM

unless the rear pod pivots on a ball joint for up/down action (or something similar), the back end of the car is going to be super stiff on compression (not roll).

Sauber F1 08-05-2010 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by vabroom (Post 7762037)
Who or What?

I am interested as well. I have seen some 3D drawings but nothing real so far.