Tire removal

Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Tech Champion

seriously guys, how do you save rubber tires from damage rims ??

I'm worried if I baked the tires, the rubber compound might deform or become gremlins.

If I use acetone base, I'm worried the acetone eats the rubber.

I tried boiling water but it didn't work, the rubber still stick to the rims.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 AM
tornado

Originally posted by asw7576
seriously guys, how do you save rubber tires from damage rims ??

I'm worried if I baked the tires, the rubber compound might deform or become gremlins.

If I use acetone base, I'm worried the acetone eats the rubber.

I tried boiling water but it didn't work, the rubber still stick to the rims.
I managed to save a good tire ( ran only 2 packs ) from a damaged rim by using CA debonder (which is accetone base)...the process take around an hour plus. I squirt some of the debonder around the tire and let it "soak" for about 20 minutes.... and slowly peel my way through to remove the rubber from the rim.

Bryan

Old 09-24-2004, 01:18 AM
tornado

Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
Julia CHilds here and today we have an exciting recipe for all the racers out there after a hard day at the track...

First on the way home after racing stop by your local butcher shop or if possible look on the side of the road for some fresh road kill!! ( if you have a choice of more than 1 road kill take the one that has been aging). Just strap it to the hood of the car and awwwaaaaaaayyyy you go!.

At home prepare for the feast that will make the neighborhood take notice. In the front yard tap the keg of beer while cooling it with dry ice!!!! This is important, you MUST make the chef relaxed before they start cooking. Hack Daniels can also be used.

Next, dig a smaill hole and fill it with left-over nitro ful, on top put in all the broken parts you have collected that day. ( Both electric and gas parts can be mixed ). Then the car bodies goes next...
Now to give Bambi ot Rocky Racoon the flavor as it slowing cooks find some pressure treated wood to complete the source of heat needed.

Next take a long piece of pipe ( the living roon curtain rod is perfect for this application ) and put it through the road-kill length-wise. Spray it with motor cleaner or traction compound to give it it a golden color as it cooks.

ALmost ready, but this time you have to had 6 beers or half the Jack.. CRITICAL STEP IN PROCESS. You must complete this before proceding!!!!

Put 2 pit chairs so that they are across the fire-pit area. ( kitchen chairs or small children can be also used.

TO get the flame temp to the required 450 degress ( use temp gun to make sure ) put 2 - 3 gallons of gas that is suppose to be used to mow the lawn all over the pit, if more than 3 gallons that's OK..... Just means you have to run faster after lighting the fire.

Safety pointer: Gert a garden hose ready because as you cook the meal it will get quite hot there and you need to keep your cook cool as possible.

Place road-kill over pit... Almost forgot.. Need a side dish..
Get as many cans of beans as possible and put then on top on the wood, when the first one POPS they ready for serving!

To start fire, take glow-plug and put it on the bonfire until a flame appears. No luck, no problem.. Get some 4th of July fireworks and have at it...

Rotate road-kill slowly and in 15 minutes ( the same time as the mains ) it done!!!!

You'll be the talk of the town after this picnic!!!!!!!!!!!
We have an "Iron Chef" here...

Bryan

Old 09-24-2004, 01:22 AM
tornado

Originally posted by rice
i suggest you trow them away don't recycle them. it's better to have fresh rims.

maybe the insert you can recycle it again.
We all do this if the the tires are worn out but our friend here is having a damaged wheel and not tire. He is trying to save the tire on a damaged wheel.

Bryan

Old 09-24-2004, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I too would want to know...

I have a set of tires with 1/2 day run on them. I foolishly mounted the tires on Tamiya Dish rims and got a wobbly tire after a single Evil Knievel maneuver
Old 09-24-2004, 03:21 AM
Tech Master

Talking

Originally posted by rough512
I foolishly mounted the tires on Tamiya Dish rims and got a wobbly tire after a single Evil Knievel maneuver