Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yes! Word is that the new Xray...

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Some of the rumors before the T3 release came true. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Rumors probably start when people see team drivers with "different" parts on their cars. For instance, Lemieux had some parts on his T3 that weren't anodized gold at the Snowbirds this year, most likely beta or testing parts.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by heretic
www.overrc.com

you'll see a blackart lipo chassis for the T3. It was made on demand and designed by french driver WPV though so I don't think you can buy one.
you can buy it its a

text from the link "Since what is at Exotek or Smokem, this frame is particularly strong (with the drawback, however, exposed a larger engine), perfectly balanced without cutting for NiCd or NiMH batteries. Unlike some other achievements, however, point cutting unnecessary engine for ventilation or for aesthetics, all for a better control of "flex". The transmission is naturally "returned" to refocus the best electronics. Holding the package is insured against the belt by fixation pins and reinforced tape. "
Old 06-21-2010, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by academygaz
Without wanting to rain on anyone's parade....

1. Xray haven't had anything leak in the past before a new touirng car chassis announcement. They normally do all their testing behind closed doors at their private track(s), then drop the car into the RC world fully finished.

2. 2010 is a Worlds year, but in the past Xray have always announced new TCs at the end of the year

Oct. 21, 2009 T3 shipping
Oct 09, 2009 T3 - coming soon -> mario hudy on the x-ray forum
Dec. 15, 2008 T2R PRO Available Now!
Dec. 04, 2008 New XRAY T2R PRO
Nov. 13, 2008 T2'009 Shipping Now!
Nov. 03, 2008 New XRAY T2'009
Nov. 28, 2007 T2'008 Shipping Now!
Sep. 26, 2007 New XRAY T2'008
Jan. 04, 2007 T2R availability news
Oct. 18, 2006 T2'007 Shipping Now!
Jul. 05, 2006 XRAY T2R - Coming Soon
Feb. 12, 2006 T2 Debut in Singapore
Feb. 11, 2004 New T1 Factory Kit
Mar. 21, 2003 XRAY T1R Shipping out
Feb. 14, 2003 New XRAY T1 RAYCER
Jul. 04, 2002 New XRAY T1 EVO2
Jul. 09, 2001 XRAY T1 kit update !
Mar. 27, 2001 XRAY T1 debuts in Middle-Eastern Europe
Mar. 27, 2001 T1 debuts in UK: 7 races = 7 victories
Mar. 22, 2001 XRAY T1 ships out! General
Feb. 15, 2001 XRAY debuts at Nurnberg Toy Fair 2001
Old 06-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sure ...sure....lol

Without wanting to rain on anyone's parade....

1. Xray haven't had anything leak in the past before a new touirng car chassis announcement. They normally do all their testing behind closed doors at their private track(s), then drop the car into the RC world fully finished.

2. 2010 is a Worlds year, but in the past Xray have always announced new TCs at the end of the year.

3. The T3 kits come with updated 1pc hingepin blocks now.

It just seems mighty odd that someone from America starts a thread saying how the ''new'' Xray will look like this or that, but doesn't remember how or when Xray announce new cars, and how he's ''sure'' it'll have certain features, yet doesn't have any apparent connection to the Slovakian company. Sounds like a result of an imaginative mind to me.

Its pretty much a given thing that Xray will have new parts to run at the Worlds, after all, its the centre stage for TC racing. But until Xray have the info on their website, don't believe anything you read about them. We all remember the FK06 Shaft Drive that was a ''100% certain to come out and had already been tested''....

We'll see. lol
Old 06-22-2010, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
We'll see. lol
We've read that on these forums before quite a few times

Skiddins
Old 06-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Lockyie
you can buy it its a

text from the link "Since what is at Exotek or Smokem, this frame is particularly strong (with the drawback, however, exposed a larger engine), perfectly balanced without cutting for NiCd or NiMH batteries. Unlike some other achievements, however, point cutting unnecessary engine for ventilation or for aesthetics, all for a better control of "flex". The transmission is naturally "returned" to refocus the best electronics. Holding the package is insured against the belt by fixation pins and reinforced tape. "
haha, no need to translate dude, french is my mother tongue and I think apart from bodies, Black art don't sell most of their projects, or perhaps in a very limited number . For instance thier molded chassis for the carpet knife has not been released anywhere, I believe. I just gave the link because this may -or may not- give an idea of what the 2011 chassis from xray could look like.

Funny to see the SD xray photoshop again. I agree, very very little info leaks from xray, ususally, so ... wait and see.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by heretic
haha, no need to translate dude, french is my mother tongue and I think apart from bodies, Black art don't sell most of their projects, or perhaps in a very limited number . For instance thier molded chassis for the carpet knife has not been released anywhere, I believe. I just gave the link because this may -or may not- give an idea of what the 2011 chassis from xray could look like.

Funny to see the SD xray photoshop again. I agree, very very little info leaks from xray, ususally, so ... wait and see.

im still thinking .... wait for a new/ updated chassis to come out or buy a t3
aggrrr ist so .... aggr hehe
Old 06-24-2010, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Some of the rumors before the T3 release came true. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Rumors probably start when people see team drivers with "different" parts on their cars. For instance, Lemieux had some parts on his T3 that weren't anodized gold at the Snowbirds this year, most likely beta or testing parts.
Paul still has natural aluminum colored shocks that he tests with. He also has other various stuff he uses to test from the 07,08 cars. He's constantly testing new ideas and various configurations, but I'm fairly certain very few of them are actually from Xray. The lipo chassis he ran at Reedy is one he made himself. It's cool that he has the skill to make his own lipo chassis', but what's more impressive (to me at least) is that he used it to learn how to make a lipo chassis work correctly.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

will have some design changes. They will get rid of the tie rods on the shock towers, they will remove the hinge pins off the bulkheads and remove the rear stand offs on the Euro version. That's great to hear. That should help even more with tweak issues. I missed how easy it was to make changes to my TC4. I always like faster and easier. lol Great to hear from my sorce Xray decided to listen. I guess it's due to the over whelming customer requests. These changes make sense to a touring car with many great design features already. With Xray quality it will be even better. I just hope the "R" version comes sooner than before since I hate the orange color. lol
The stand-offs don't cause tweak issues. The worst cause of tweak issues on the current car is the motor mount bulkhead and the plastic hingepin mounts getting tweaked. I saw where one racer mentioned having to shim behind his pin mounts to get the rear toe equal. It's the pin mounts that cause this. It takes just a minor brush with the pipe or board to tweak them, but what sux is you can't tell by looking at it that it's tweaked. However, you can usually hold the car up vertical and see that one side arm is angled back just a hair. Once you get an eye for it, you can tell pretty quick if its tweaked.

The hingepins no longer mount on the bulkheads, and the problem with the camberlink mounts isnt that they're mounted to the shocktower, but that there aren't enough locations to fine tune them.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yea this is what I meant to say...

from what I understand, they are going to get rid of the plastic mounts and mount the tierod to the bulkhead braces. I've not heard anything about the motor mount. So I hope it's something they will address.

Originally Posted by BigDogRacing
The stand-offs don't cause tweak issues. The worst cause of tweak issues on the current car is the motor mount bulkhead and the plastic hingepin mounts getting tweaked. I saw where one racer mentioned having to shim behind his pin mounts to get the rear toe equal. It's the pin mounts that cause this. It takes just a minor brush with the pipe or board to tweak them, but what sux is you can't tell by looking at it that it's tweaked. However, you can usually hold the car up vertical and see that one side arm is angled back just a hair. Once you get an eye for it, you can tell pretty quick if its tweaked.

The hingepins no longer mount on the bulkheads, and the problem with the camberlink mounts isnt that they're mounted to the shocktower, but that there aren't enough locations to fine tune them.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default wow...

looks like many small changes are coming. Lot of changes from the T3.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default Oh one thing how...

from what I understand, they are going to get rid of the plastic mounts and mount the tierod to the bulkhead braces. I've not heard anything about the motor mount. So I hope it's something they will address.
does the motor mount tweak the chassis?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Where are you hearing all this? Or are you just making it all up in the hope that you're right?

Its very easy to make things up and post it on the internet as ''I've heard this and that''. One minute you sound like you're in the know about how its going to be, yet the next minute you don't sound like you know the fairly simple things (like how a motor mount would tweak a chassis).
Old 06-29-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where are you hearing all this? Or are you just making it all up in the hope that you're right?

Its very easy to make things up and post it on the internet as ''I've heard this and that''. One minute you sound like you're in the know about how its going to be, yet the next minute you don't sound like you know the fairly simple things (like how a motor mount would tweak a chassis).
Couple of days and we hopefully will see some pics from the worlds. As you say, until then all this is just hearsay. Anything is possible. Last time there was world champs Xray didn't change much at all. Biggest change from the 08 to 09 was anodizing.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

does the motor mount tweak the chassis?
Yes. If you take the wheels and battery tape off, then lay the car on a very flat surface like tempered glass, if the motor mount bulkhead is slightly bent you will see the rear of the chassis is off the glass. It's hard to see it, but the bend happens where the mount steps down. Another way to detect a slightly bent motor mount is to look at the car from above. As you look down at the motor, you will notice the motor isn't perfectly parallel to the weave lines in the carbon fiber chassis. That's a real good indication it's bent. The good news is that it's easy to get it back straight. Just be careful, check it closely and use something plastic to keep from scratching it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.