Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yes! Word is that the new Xray...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Yes! Word is that the new Xray...

will have some design changes. They will get rid of the tie rods on the shock towers, they will remove the hinge pins off the bulkheads and remove the rear stand offs on the Euro version. That's great to hear. That should help even more with tweak issues. I missed how easy it was to make changes to my TC4. I always like faster and easier. lol Great to hear from my sorce Xray decided to listen. I guess it's due to the over whelming customer requests. These changes make sense to a touring car with many great design features already. With Xray quality it will be even better. I just hope the "R" version comes sooner than before since I hate the orange color. lol

Last edited by RCknight; 06-15-2010 at 12:38 AM. Reason: added text.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by RCknight
will have some design changes. They will get rid of the tie rods on the shock towers, they will remove the hinge pins off the bulkheads and remove the rear stand offs on the Euro version. That's great to hear. That should help even more with tweak issues. I missed how easy it was to make changes to my TC4. I always like faster and easier. lol Great to hear from my sorce Xray decided to listen. I guess it's due to the over whelming customer requests. These changes make sense to a touring car with many great design features already. With Xray quality it will be even better. I just hope the "R" version comes sooner than before since I hate the orange color. lol
This seems pretty random and way earlier than the normal release time of a xray platform. Pretty sure that the hinge pins on the T3 were not on the bulkheads but on their own so that they could be raised in smaller incriments than the .75mm. I know that the chassis on the T3 has never caused a tweak even with the standoffs present. The only thing that I do want is an ability to adjust camber links without using the eccentric parts.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

It can take a lot of time to first develop new parts on a CAD programme, then manufacture, and then see the team test them before you see them on the shelf for anyone to buy.

So even if it does sound early for them to be considering an upgrade or even a new car design in principle I guess it's not that early when you think about the time scale involved from start to finish.

I've seen how the RS Pro was merely in its design phase, all the way through to it being on the shelf, these things take time
Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
they will remove the hinge pins off the bulkheads
They have done that as of the T3 unless you mean something different from what I'm interpreting.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default Most of the companies are using these design features.

So I guess it makes sense for Xray to go in that direction even if the T3 was very good. Even though the T3 may have had few cases of tweaking this can help reduce the chance of it. I personally always felt that flex should be controlled by the upper deck design. That made more sense to me rather than having stand offs were tweak can occur on a Euro design. Whereas the US edition has a very thick chassis and upper deck to prevent it. I would rather see different upper deck designs for needed flex.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Default I'm sure they are going to...

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
They have done that as of the T3 unless you mean something different from what I'm interpreting.
full length blocks like the Cyclone and BD. If they can make a nice shim thats quick to change out that would be even better. I was told the smaller chassis blocks gave more flex/traction but made it worse for racers when traction came up at big events. I'm not sure, but I never heard how the T3 did at the worlds. How did the Xray team do there?
Old 06-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Suspended

Electric Worlds is later in the year
Old 06-16-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Electric Worlds is later in the year
it's end June for 1/12th and early July for 1/10th..
Old 06-16-2010, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

IMHO if the standard MO of Xray holds true, a new Kit it close. They have historically issued an "R" kit prior to the new model. I would suspect to blow out all the aluminum parts that will not be used in the new kit.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Default I'm sure....

the new kit will have a lipo chassis as well. One that has close to equal side to side flex. I hope they don't swiss cheese it to nothing so theres no where to tape the electronics down. lol No use making chassis willl cell slots anymore.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Can't remember Xray not releasing at least a slightly revised car each year. After the T2 was released the car changed quite a bit from the 06, 07, 08. Then not much at all changed between the 08 and 09. The T3 was a big change and who knows how different the T3 2011 wil be. A lipo chassis whould be a no brainer. They may include the one piece toe blocks that are now options. They might even release that shaft drive car some people were predicting leading up to the T3
Old 06-17-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default I think two belted touring cars have come to....

it's final days of design and Xray will soon follow with the last few great features. I've come to like many of xrays designs and now with these last few it will be perfect in my eyes. Xray quality with the best of all the features. What more could you ask for in design. I would like to see some carbon fiber arms like the Tamiya or an aluminum steering bell crank. I don't think there is much else they can do. I still like the idea of a single belted car like the XXX-S. That is about as simple in design as you can get. Still waiting on Losi for that one. lol What we need is a "R" version of their new car much sooner.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:33 AM

eny picks released yet ?
Old 06-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Default When does Xray release info on their new car?

Is that around Oct. I can't remember, been out of the loop. lol
Old 06-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Default No nothing yet.

Originally Posted by Lockyie
eny picks released yet ?

I think xray tends to release new kits around Oct.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.