Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yes! Word is that the new Xray...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
This thread is a product of one individual getting a little too close to a open can of paragon.
That the only source involved here! That, or Mr Jack Daniels.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What's with all of the lead sleds? Every picture from the Worlds I see (not just the T3's) every car has weight all over it. I thought IFMAR min weight was 1350?

-rocky b
Old 07-03-2010, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by flatspunout
What's with all of the lead sleds? Every picture from the Worlds I see (not just the T3's) every car has weight all over it. I thought IFMAR min weight was 1350?

-rocky b
Its for left-to-right chassis balancing, not to meet minimum weight.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Its for left-to-right chassis balancing, not to meet minimum weight.
I bet no ones car will be much over weight.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default I guess the TCX will be the car to own then. lol

If that's the only thing Xray has they won't be selling many TCs. Xray better be doing something because there is more buzz around the TCX than anything else. Many great changes to it as well. Diff changes and just about everything else. Xray would be dumb not to do something just from a marketing standpoint alone. Xray however good their attention to detail and quality of their product they really do seem to try different things that don't work as well. They always go back to proven racing designs. I think the 416x and THX are closer to TC design maturity. Xray needs to follow with their quality and attention to detail. They should work improving the common design of the 416 and TCX on aesthetics and quality. I guess my source is wrong.

Last edited by RCknight; 07-03-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
If that's the only thing Xray has they won't be selling many TCs. Xray better be doing something because there is more buzz around the TCX than anything else. Many great changes to it as well. Diff changes and just about everything else. Xray would be dumb not to do something just from a marketing standpoint alone. Xray however good their attention to detail and quality of their product they really do seem to try different things that don't work as well. They always go back to proven racing designs. I think the 416x and THX are closer to TC design maturity. Xray needs to follow with their quality and attention to detail. They should work improving the common design of the 416 and TCX on aesthetics and quality. I guess my source is wrong.
Man after all this now you say your source is wrong? There will be a 2011 version at the end of the year. You can bet your house on that! The only question is what get changed.

Their performance at the worlds is proving just how good the current car is. Only the Tammy is ahead of it. I don't believe Hagberg is quite as accomplished as Mark and Jillles either. Why compare it to a B final car and say it needs updating?
Old 07-03-2010, 04:05 AM
Tech Elite

Default well...I think about 90% has to do with the driver and setup.

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
Man after all this now you say your source is wrong? There will be a 2011 version at the end of the year. You can bet your house on that! The only question is what get changed.

Their performance at the worlds is proving just how good the current car is. Only the Tammy is ahead of it. I don't believe Hagberg is quite as accomplished as Mark and Jillles either. Why compare it to a B final car and say it needs updating?
Time will tell, but look how the Xray has shims all over and tie rods mounted to the bulk head. I don't know at this point. lol What I like to see is a design that's easier to tune for the local guy at the track.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by flatspunout

-rocky b
The IFMAR weight is 1450g, we run at 1350g in the UK as do some other countries, but as some are having to add lead just to make 1350g there is bound to be a lot more used at the worlds.

Skiddins
Old 07-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

have we proven this thread is pointless yet? just wait till around october/november and order the new car.
Old 07-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HenBeav
have we proven this thread is pointless yet? just wait till around october/november and order the new car.
I think so (finally).

Maybe time for a mod to change the thread title to ''Yes! Word is that the new Xray... doesn't exist yet''
Old 07-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok .

I have been at the worlds today and i can tell you

There is a new chassis kicking around with the servo saver down the centre line of the chassis and the chassis is a lot narrower than the T3 chassis

It has the Trf416 style bellcranks system but the bulkheads are T3

There was 2 or 3 of them kicking around NO PHOTOS ALLOWED !! and they didnt do very well

It is only a testing chassis with no talk of it going into production

There was however a Lipo chassis being handed out from Hudy HMMMMM
Old 07-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

Default The ....

Sakura 0 chassis looks nice and from what I hear it performs well. The worlds super high speed mod and track conditions are not what I would call your standard track conditions. I don't think Xray will build a car around those conditions. I hope to see an updated version like the THX. or Sakura Zero.
Old 07-03-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Pointless yes, but still entertaining.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

the only thing that makes since is a lipo chassis to get rid of those goofy holes for the batteries we used 2 years ago.
Old 07-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

It's become a wish list thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.