R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2015, 08:18 PM   #646
Tech Fanatic
 
swimbikerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 886
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

TN Racing conversion kit for Jaco rims (TN-958) was built for the original R12 rear pod which is a different width than the current R12C variants (made the mistake of ordering it awhile back only to realize the difference). For the IRS axle Just look up the parts for the AE 5.2 and that works. Pick up the Top 2mm axle shims unless you want a bunch of .5mm shims (see previous post). Besides being able to run more available tires in the US the AE axle also shaves 10g off for those having issues with the weight. I'm also getting another batch of Yokomo rims mounted with BSR blue/double blue fronts and green/blue rears so shoot me a PM if you need any (the yellow rims are sweet).
__________________
-Xray T4 '16/Xray X12 '16
-2010 Cincinnati Beer Mile Champion
swimbikerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 06:50 AM   #647
Tech Master
 
choisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 1,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
The kit only works for earlier variants?

What did you buddy do to fix the issue exactly?

I know some guys here in Japan that are running IRS axles.
I'll find out what parts they are using.
my friend asked the workshop to lathe a hub which finally make the left and right wheel the same length apart from the motor mount
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 02:51 PM   #648
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: MN
Posts: 1,090
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimbikerun View Post
TN Racing conversion kit for Jaco rims (TN-958) was built for the original R12 rear pod which is a different width than the current R12C variants (made the mistake of ordering it awhile back only to realize the difference). For the IRS axle Just look up the parts for the AE 5.2 and that works. Pick up the Top 2mm axle shims unless you want a bunch of .5mm shims (see previous post). Besides being able to run more available tires in the US the AE axle also shaves 10g off for those having issues with the weight. I'm also getting another batch of Yokomo rims mounted with BSR blue/double blue fronts and green/blue rears so shoot me a PM if you need any (the yellow rims are sweet).
do you happen to know the part numbers need for the complete axle i would need to use them?
__________________
TEAM GENESIS R/C, Roche P12 2017, Roche F-1, PAINT BY MIKEY
onroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #649
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,754
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know if you can use a KO Propo RSx12 servo in an RC12C3.1 with the crank steering?
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:31 AM   #650
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Anybody know if you can use a KO Propo RSx12 servo in an RC12C3.1 with the crank steering?
I just put one in mine and it seems to fit fine
branover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:34 AM   #651
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 1,754
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by branover View Post
I just put one in mine and it seems to fit fine
Do you know offhand how much the car weighs, including body? Just curious. Thanks for the confirmation re: RSx12.
__________________
Chris Hillier | 5280 Raceway | www.5280raceway.com | Racing. Elevated.

Destiny | LRP America | Protoform | Xenon/JFT | Gravity RC | Motiv | Sanwa | Max.FX
LloydLoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #652
Tech Master
 
miller tyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,670
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Anybody know if you can use a KO Propo RSx12 servo in an RC12C3.1 with the crank steering?
That's what I'm running with no problems


On another note, all the US drivers looking for some great quality tires. Pro-One Race tires will have Yokomo compatible hubs in the next couple weeks. That will open up the full line of Pro-One rubber readily available.

https://www.facebook.com/ProOneRc/ph...type=1&fref=nf
__________________
Ken Miller
RCTarget - Capricorn - Sanwa - Pro Level RC - MAX Power - EA Motorsorts - TQ Wire

LONG LIVE OPEN MODIFIED
miller tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 04:32 PM   #653
Tech Elite
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,002
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
That's what I'm running with no problems


On another note, all the US drivers looking for some great quality tires. Pro-One Race tires will have Yokomo compatible hubs in the next couple weeks. That will open up the full line of Pro-One rubber readily available.

https://www.facebook.com/ProOneRc/ph...type=1&fref=nf

Send a few of those hubs over to Japan! Many drivers are running the Yokomo chassis and would benefit from using these hubs.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:39 PM   #654
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWARD2003 View Post
Send a few of those hubs over to Japan! Many drivers are running the Yokomo chassis and would benefit from using these hubs.
Thanks Ken for mentioning the new hubs. I just received my new hubs for all cars except the Yokomo. With the Yokomo pod being so far to the right it makes getting legal rear width difficult, so I am making new hubs to fit my wheels. I am hoping to have them next week and anodized blue so know one will know you have a better part

Anyone interested can send an e-mail to [email protected]

Steve Dunn
Pr oOne R/C
sdunnmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:06 PM   #655
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 317
Default

Iv just brought a r12c3, Other then converting it to 3.1 style side dampers is there any other normal modifications people do?
__________________
Carpet: Tamiya M05V2 R
Asphalt : Tamiya M07 , Xray T4'17
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:32 PM   #656
Tech Elite
 
EDWARD2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 2,002
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6PUCeSLCwo

A relatively normal modification. Well worth it.
EDWARD2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 12:23 AM   #657
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 317
Default

Being that I cant read Japanese...

Could someone tell me which upper control arm mount is kit setting, The one marked H or 0.5mm?

Thanks
Matthew
__________________
Carpet: Tamiya M05V2 R
Asphalt : Tamiya M07 , Xray T4'17
d.k.vmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 02:09 AM   #658
Tech Fanatic
 
swimbikerun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 886
Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.k.vmatt View Post
Being that I cant read Japanese...

Could someone tell me which upper control arm mount is kit setting, The one marked H or 0.5mm?

Thanks
Matthew
Matt,

H (Hard Type) just means it's the harder composite material. They should be both H type but the 0.5mm raises the upper arm that much higher (roll center and camber gain adjustment). I would start off with the one marked H and see how you like it.

Jim
__________________
-Xray T4 '16/Xray X12 '16
-2010 Cincinnati Beer Mile Champion
swimbikerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 05:03 AM   #659
LKF
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 74
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2015/02/2015-ma...m-race-report/

great win from yokomo team driver daniel sieber against markus mobers and other good european drivers.

https://www.facebook.com/teamyokomo

https://www.facebook.com/teamyokomo/...28087063868511


setup:

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/yoko...r_Mol20150201/
LKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #660
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 446
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLoar View Post
Do you know offhand how much the car weighs, including body? Just curious. Thanks for the confirmation re: RSx12.
Just weighed it actually. I also put a new Orca Vx3 1s in it. Weighing in at 745g now. The new orca 1s ESC is definitely heavier than the old one. I forgot to weigh it before I got it in for comparison. I have titanium/aluminum screws throughout. Orca 13.5 motor, spektrum sr2000 reciever, orca 6800 Lipo and the ko propo rsx12 servo.
Ready to run

Last edited by branover; 02-04-2015 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
branover is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schumacher R12 Fusion Fred Perkins Nitro On-Road 549 10-08-2012 03:19 PM
Yokomo GT-4W with R12 rossi motor Boadazofa Australia For Sale/Trade 12 06-05-2009 08:50 PM
HUGE sellout...R12, XXXS G+, XXX-T, XXX, RTR Stampede, MX-3 FHSS plus MUCH more! WisdomRacing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 06-25-2008 02:29 PM
Yokomo GT-4??? bgotori Nitro On-Road 263 05-09-2002 07:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:22 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net