R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-07-2011, 05:19 PM   #316
Tech Adept

Hi,

I've just ordered one R12 and I would like to put an Associated rear axle and I wonder if the diff thrust cone (brushless) ref 4609 is the same than the Yokomo one ref R12-24B http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/partsl...s_r12_24b.html ?

best regards,

Nico'
Nico' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

any low-med grip asphalt set-up tips?
Old 03-18-2011, 05:54 AM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Anyone have a complete R12 front end they want to sell?

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:03 PM   #319
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So how is the parts supply for this car?
Im in the market for a 12th scale but don't want to get caught.
Mitch-e4fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:20 PM   #320
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Driftspeed.com

They have a great stock of parts.
Old 04-10-2011, 05:07 AM   #321
Tech Initiate

Hi, I have a R12 with a wide chassis and I have a problem. I have a lot of understeer during acceleration. I have already done many tests with central spring and lateral spring on front but I have not had the expected results. Now i have the link spring soft and rear central spring soft. I drive on an asphalt track with little grip. Do you have tips for me? Thanks
drake_1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #322
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_1985 View Post
Hi, I have a R12 with a wide chassis and I have a problem. I have a lot of understeer during acceleration. I have already done many tests with central spring and lateral spring on front but I have not had the expected results. Now i have the link spring soft and rear central spring soft. I drive on an asphalt track with little grip. Do you have tips for me? Thanks
@drake: offhand i dont think going softer in the center and side springs in the rear is gonna help your problem - maybe start off with the stock silver-silver combo. and if anything, i would try softening up the front and see how that works. for starters, try running without the front spring in your front shock (or maybe even going with a thin oil like 30wt in combination with no spring). another would be running one less spacer in the front wheel axle. would start there and see how that works for you. hope it works for you.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 AM   #323
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
I add 20g of Xray balancing weight in the front and it greatly helps my understeer.
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 AM   #324
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Which tires?
When the car is ready to go, how much can you lift the front of the chassis without the front tires loosing contact?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM   #325
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
Which tires?
When the car is ready to go, how much can you lift the front of the chassis without the front tires loosing contact?
I post two message, but they dont appear..... I retry...

I can lift the car about 4-5mm before the front tire loose contact. I use medium tire on post and hard tire on front. At front i have the hard central spring. This weekend i try your suggestions. Thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2011, 09:21 AM   #326
Tech Initiate

Quote:

I can lift the car about 4-5mm before the front tire loose contact. I use medium tire on post and hard tire on front. At front i have the hard central spring. This weekend i try your suggestions. Thanks for the help
Hello, I tried the car and goes a bit 'better, but not yet as I want. If i put the lateral spring what happen? Now my car is very soft at front with the central spring and if i put the lateral spring she become hard. What can i do? Thanks
Old 04-16-2011, 09:37 AM   #327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to VooDooPH

suggest going back to the standard chassis...
Old 04-16-2011, 12:26 PM   #328
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDooPH View Post
suggest going back to the standard chassis...
Good Point!!!
hotdognobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 AM   #329
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Hi, sorry I'm replying so late but I hadnt seen that there were new postings in the thread.

Dump the front centerspring and only drive the normal front springs. I even got rid of the center damper as well and my car is driving very well on the track.

If you can raise the chassis about 4-5mm before the front wheels loose contact then there's part of your problem.
You gotta see it like this, when you're accellerating the front of your car will be raised and the back pushed down.
In your case the front can raise about 4-5mm, it wont, but all grip on the front tires will be lost even if it lifts too much and 4mm is way too much.
Make sure the chassis can only raise about 0.5mm before the tires go up (with the 2 screws on the lower arms...). You can tune this a little to your driving style but 0.5mm to 0mm is what I usually drive.

That'll help a lot, after that: harder center spring or softer fronts.
I would drive MH rear and M fronts, but I only drive on carpet.

I'll write down my setup this week and make sure to post it here. Overall I really stiffened up the rear, run 32shore pink rears (comparable to the MH rears) and yokomo M's in the front. Strange thing is, my car started to drive really well when I only sauced the inside of the front tire!! The front is glued without the tendency to be too agressive or flip.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:43 PM   #330
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
Hi, sorry I'm replying so late but I hadnt seen that there were new postings in the thread.

Dump the front centerspring and only drive the normal front springs. I even got rid of the center damper as well and my car is driving very well on the track.

If you can raise the chassis about 4-5mm before the front wheels loose contact then there's part of your problem.
You gotta see it like this, when you're accellerating the front of your car will be raised and the back pushed down.
In your case the front can raise about 4-5mm, it wont, but all grip on the front tires will be lost even if it lifts too much and 4mm is way too much.
Make sure the chassis can only raise about 0.5mm before the tires go up (with the 2 screws on the lower arms...). You can tune this a little to your driving style but 0.5mm to 0mm is what I usually drive.

That'll help a lot, after that: harder center spring or softer fronts.
I would drive MH rear and M fronts, but I only drive on carpet.

I'll write down my setup this week and make sure to post it here. Overall I really stiffened up the rear, run 32shore pink rears (comparable to the MH rears) and yokomo M's in the front. Strange thing is, my car started to drive really well when I only sauced the inside of the front tire!! The front is glued without the tendency to be too agressive or flip.
Thanks a lot for your help!!