R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree3Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-17-2010, 08:02 PM   #286
Tech Initiate
 
martymiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 47
Default

Does anyone know how well the yokomo rubber performs?
martymiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:12 PM   #287
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,793
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Ova ygpm
checked
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #288
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymiller View Post
Does anyone know how well the yokomo rubber performs?
I posted about their tires in this thread, its not that many pages long.
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #289
Tech Apprentice
 
landau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tx US/Tokyo JP
Posts: 61
Default

JMRCA nationals setting(outdoor paved track)

Matsukura naoto

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/downlo..._r12_naoto.pdf

Murai masayuki

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/downlo..._r12_murai.pdf
landau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #290
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by landau View Post
JMRCA nationals setting(outdoor paved track)

Matsukura naoto

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/downlo..._r12_naoto.pdf

Murai masayuki

http://www.teamyokomo.com/jpn/downlo..._r12_murai.pdf

Have tested this setup.. Change to AE # 35 int he center shock just as I found it worked better for me.

Naoto's setup excluded the use of 5g on the front next to the bumper??

Not tried this yet guessing it helps in someway anyone have an idea?
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:52 PM   #291
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,793
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I'm taking a break away from indoor winter season...
I'm selling my R12 Roller....One day practice old....Please PM back..Thanks
Sold
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo R12-yokomo-r12-003.jpg   Yokomo R12-yokomo-r12-004.jpg   Yokomo R12-yokomo-r12-005.jpg  

Last edited by OVA; 10-22-2010 at 10:52 AM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 06:44 AM   #292
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,166
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

TIRE Set released !
Attached Thumbnails
Yokomo R12-yo-r12-27t.jpg   Yokomo R12-yo-r12-28t.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:35 PM   #293
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I received the wider chassis yesterday and started installing.
Yokomo has included a very nice note that informs you, after buying the chassis, you also need a larger shock assembly for the front suspension.

I managed to make the short shock fit, but it just doesnt feel right (had to unscrew the endcap a lot)...

So be warned, On top of the larger stabi rod, you also need another shock assembly...
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #294
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
I received the wider chassis yesterday and started installing.
Yokomo has included a very nice note that informs you, after buying the chassis, you also need a larger shock assembly for the front suspension.

I managed to make the short shock fit, but it just doesnt feel right (had to unscrew the endcap a lot)...

So be warned, On top of the larger stabi rod, you also need another shock assembly...

Thanks for the info my wider chassis and stabilize rod are in the post

Now just ordered larger shock they are in stock at race and drift

I do really like this car hoping the chassis makes it easy to be.consistent

Have some outdoor events coming up
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:24 AM   #295
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Idd, hoping for the same and less flipovers on the high grip carpet.
I will be testing tomorrow and let you know how the chassis feels like.

I think you had better ordered the asso damper because, well, they're blue and they come supplied with the discs with smaller holes in them. This prevents the leaking a lot!
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #296
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,793
Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Default

sold

Last edited by OVA; 10-22-2010 at 10:53 AM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #297
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Does anyone have or can get a good carpet setup??
For some reason, when the grip comes up, my car is very sensitive when turning in, wants to oversteer a lot. The only remedy thusfar is a speed8HD body but that takes all steering away when compared to the AMR or BA002.

I thought I had 1/12th pretty much figured out, but going lipo seems to have changed a lot of things (or its the R12...). Atm I cant even tell what lighter/heavier side damper oil does... I feel the car can be fast but I cant get the extreme initial steer out.
Problem is, the front end has an enormous amount of setup possibilities, and 0 explanation from Yokomo. I just have no idea where to start, atm I'm guessing I have too much preload on the front springs, but it measures only 1.6mm while the Yok manual states 2mm.
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 04:57 AM   #298
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
Does anyone have or can get a good carpet setup??
For some reason, when the grip comes up, my car is very sensitive when turning in, wants to oversteer a lot. The only remedy thusfar is a speed8HD body but that takes all steering away when compared to the AMR or BA002.

I thought I had 1/12th pretty much figured out, but going lipo seems to have changed a lot of things (or its the R12...). Atm I cant even tell what lighter/heavier side damper oil does... I feel the car can be fast but I cant get the extreme initial steer out.
Problem is, the front end has an enormous amount of setup possibilities, and 0 explanation from Yokomo. I just have no idea where to start, atm I'm guessing I have too much preload on the front springs, but it measures only 1.6mm while the Yok manual states 2mm.


Can u give us more of.your setup

Shock weight springs tires and king pins shims skid angle ???
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 08:23 AM   #299
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belgium
Posts: 528
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Easiest is doing this by PDF. You'll see I dont have the droop like they put it on the sheet. Its kinda ridiculous as they have it, cause there is no way for you to measure that value easily.
Its far easier and pretty accurate to measure with a digital caliper the distance between the screw head and the arm.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf R12 Setup DIQU Geilenkirchen.pdf (373.9 KB, 206 views)
__________________
Make it idiot-proof, and someone will make a better idiot.
Quante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #300
Tech Master
 
Me_MrTyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,801
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Me_MrTyson Send a message via Skype™ to Me_MrTyson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quante View Post
Easiest is doing this by PDF. You'll see I dont have the droop like they put it on the sheet. Its kinda ridiculous as they have it, cause there is no way for you to measure that value easily.
Its far easier and pretty accurate to measure with a digital caliper the distance between the screw head and the arm.

I see u took off the std side shock any chance you can up load a photo would like to see that mod

There is some info which missing and.is a big factor in my Testing

Skid angle ( kinda creates anti dive also shock length )

A massive change is adding shims to king pin 1mm at the top of the steering knuckle


What front springs you got??

Try adding a ae gold spring on the front shock running #30 shock weight

Another setup which I like the feel of black side springs and.harder center spring this does work well at the tracks I race give it a go

I measure the droop same as a.tc, take the wheels off and put the chassis flat use ride height setup tool under the bottom of the nut used to hold the king pin together
__________________
v-dezign // black diamond

Hoot RC for Local Supplies > www.hootrc.com.au
Me_MrTyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schumacher R12 Fusion Fred Perkins Nitro On-Road 549 10-08-2012 03:19 PM
Yokomo GT-4W with R12 rossi motor Boadazofa Australia For Sale/Trade 12 06-05-2009 08:50 PM
HUGE sellout...R12, XXXS G+, XXX-T, XXX, RTR Stampede, MX-3 FHSS plus MUCH more! WisdomRacing R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 06-25-2008 02:29 PM
Yokomo GT-4??? bgotori Nitro On-Road 263 05-09-2002 07:22 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:43 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net