Recieved my R12 yesterday, i've put it together yesterday evening and here are my comments:
- Parts are of a good quality, chassis screwholes are nice and tight.
- The screws that were delivered to hold the rear "ballpiece" were too short, 6mm delivered while the manual specified 8mm -> I took the 8mm ones of the front bodyposts instead.
- Steel screws supplied for the front bodyposts, replaced by aluminum ones. My experience is that you'll rip the steel screws through the chassis plate in a hard impact. Alu screws just break and leave the chassis intact.
- front end fits together very nicely, works smooth and is almost play- free.
With the std springs, the front seems very stiff though, need to see how the car drives.
- I did notice a reasonal amount of play on the ballcup of the centerspring...
- 6mm(?) balls of the suspension feel/look cheap but seem to work fine
- rear suspension ball still has a small amount of play allthough the plastic piece is fully compressed...
- No height spacers supplied for the front end... I cant believe you have to adjust front ride height with the screws in there because you'll also change the spring rate then...
Since my vacation starts today and I'm out of the country, its gonna be at least 2 weeks before I can drive the car. Oh man.... couldnt have picked a worse moment