Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Xray T3R

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:54 AM
Tech Rookie

t3r is on nexusracing.com for $275.. looks like my entry car back into touring ever since the old ta04-r
Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Any more word on this? I'm looking for an entry-level TC for some open-class parking lot racing. Considering the OFNA 10e, and now this?
Old 07-16-2010, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just got a T3R and cannot seem to get the rear diff to be smooth at all. It feels like there is a notch in something so every time you spin it it clicks. I have tried several times at building it and am following the manual exactly. Could it just be because it is not broken in yet? I have never had one do this before when built brand new, so I have to be missing something...
Old 07-17-2010, 12:46 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
I just got a T3R and cannot seem to get the rear diff to be smooth at all. It feels like there is a notch in something so every time you spin it it clicks. I have tried several times at building it and am following the manual exactly. Could it just be because it is not broken in yet? I have never had one do this before when built brand new, so I have to be missing something...
Did u sand down the diff rings? If not, try that. Otherwise atleast try the car a few times and check the diff operation after each run.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I sanded them the same way I have done for every diff I have built in the past. I just bench ran it holding the right side rear tire for about 2 minutes and then held the left side tire for another 2 minutes with it spinning. This seems to have smoothed it out a bit.
Old 07-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damnit Man
I sanded them the same way I have done for every diff I have built in the past. I just bench ran it holding the right side rear tire for about 2 minutes and then held the left side tire for another 2 minutes with it spinning. This seems to have smoothed it out a bit.
My t3 diff did the same thing. It was the pos xray thrust bearing in it. I swapped to the Schumacher thrust and it went away. Or just get a gear diff
Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default lipo mounting

I have a question for those of you who already have the t3r. How well does the lipo mounting system work?

From what I can see on their website it looks like the whole lipo is mounted on top of the battery stops and sits about 6mm above the chassis. Then it's supposed to be taped in with tape that goes through the actual chassis which could be cut if the chassis bottomed out (probably not gonna happen but still)

The mounting of a lipo in the chassis is paramount in my concerns when picking a new chassis in the coming months and so far I have yet to see anything that is really good save the photon with lipo option (which is impossible to get) and the exotek conversions.

Maybe I'll just run a second TC5X...
Old 07-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

The battery sits flat on the chassis and the kit comes with pieces that prevent the lipo from moving. It is designed to use battery tape, but you can get an aftermarket battery strap for it.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
My t3 diff did the same thing. It was the pos xray thrust bearing in it. I swapped to the Schumacher thrust and it went away. Or just get a gear diff
do you have the part number for the schumacher thrust bearing??

thanks in advance

Ali
Old 07-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO
do you have the part number for the schumacher thrust bearing??

thanks in advance

Ali
Yes sir, its 1954. It IS a bigger size then the stock, but it fits fine. Ive been running one for about 3 months now
Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Yes sir, its 1954. It IS a bigger size then the stock, but it fits fine. Ive been running one for about 3 months now
I don't know which of these it is, but I have heard good things about the AVID thrust bearings.

http://www.avidrc.com/product/13/thrust-bearings/

I am partial to these Losi thrusts (I am not certain these are the exactly correct part number. I just know where to find them on the wall at my LHS) since I can get them at my LHS and they are 1/3 the price of the Xray and work as well if not better IMHO.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...st-Bearing-Set

I use the Xray thrust washers and just use the actual caged bearing. Sand the washers down with 1000 grit each time as well as the diff rings and use AE6636 diff lube with the red writing in both the thrust and the diff balls. I build it just like my pancar diffs and it is just as locked and smooooooth!

I'm sure the schumacher works well too. I started using the losi thrust when I had my first Mi3!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Tech Rookie

so noone has actually given theirs thoughts on the car after some use.. whats the verdict? is it raceable? competitive? worth the price. or is there a better car out there for the same price?

thanks,
matt
Old 07-20-2010, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

am running a T2R Pro, bought it as a start-up car untill i get my T3. i've been driving it for a week or more, 4 to 6 packs a day everyday with zero issues except for the stock bearings. car is fast and handles great, thats a T2R and i'm sure the T3R is even better.

i'm starting to think if i should get the T3 or stick with my T2R

i got atomic turnbuckles for less than 25 bucks for all 6 turnbuckles and its all set.

people migh say that the composite rear diff is very fragile but i've been running mine with a 4.5T motor and the diff still looks new.

just my 2 cents

Ali
Old 07-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

thanks for your help, the grooved washers have different sizes like in Nitro or they share the same outer diameter?

cheers

Ali
Old 08-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default so um...

So I am really amazed that there is not more people chiming in on this car.. It seems like a really great car for the price point and yet next to no conversations or people doing write-ups or talking about their race experiences so far..

Did something happen to the T2R that has automatically put people off this car?

I'm trying to decide between this or an FF03 pro right now and it looks like the FF03. I know they can't really compare but come on guys, where's all the x-ray fans!?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.