Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya has to make this body

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Tamiya has to make this body

Since tamiya made the TRB01 Lexus body i wonder if there going to make a TRB02 Lancer Evolution body. Its so sexy i can get over it

Old 04-27-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

oh shit looks like i found a new friend that is one sexy looking car tho, is it a japanese lancer or international??
Old 04-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by lazyboy
oh shit looks like i found a new friend that is one sexy looking car tho, is it a japanese lancer or international??
Its HKS TRB02 Lancer Evolution VIII equipped with most of the HKS goodies and a carbon fiber body components. Its also the new record holder for Tsukuba circuit in Japan
Old 04-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by lazyboy
HKS Evolution 8,... they only make 1 (very different to original specs),... just like the previous tube-chassis HKS Altezza,... very odd move for HKS,.. considering the possible collapse of Mitsubishi Motors,... well, maybe they don't have any contract or agreement w/ Mitsubishi though,... just picking a good car to play with

btw, Evolution 8 model is worldwide,... but not this HKS take on it, hehe
Old 05-06-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Originally posted by orangbaligila
HKS Evolution 8,... they only make 1 (very different to original specs),... just like the previous tube-chassis HKS Altezza,... very odd move for HKS,.. considering the possible collapse of Mitsubishi Motors,... well, maybe they don't have any contract or agreement w/ Mitsubishi though,... just picking a good car to play with

btw, Evolution 8 model is worldwide,... but not this HKS take on it, hehe
possible collapse of mitsubishi? no offense my friend but i find it a bit tough to believe... do you have any proof of this? im just curious my friend...
Old 05-06-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
possible collapse of mitsubishi? no offense my friend but i find it a bit tough to believe... do you have any proof of this? im just curious my friend...

Its only a sector of mitsubishi, in particular the aussie one
Old 05-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

i'm a big evo fan. GO THE EVOLUTION SERIES! man that looks mad!
Old 05-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

mitsubishi was bought by Daimler Chrysler right??
Old 05-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

It really was a nice car. So hopefully tamiya can build this bodyshell some time next year.. Can't wait to put this body shell on my FT TC3 kit.. Nice decals on the body...
Old 05-06-2004, 09:57 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally posted by Windtalkers
mitsubishi was bought by Daimler Chrysler right??
Daimler Chrysler owns a minority share. Mitsubishi was counting on them to give them an influx of cash to save them from bankruptcy. Unfortunately, Chrysler didn't, and now mitusubishi is going to try and restructure their management to save the company. I got this out of an LA Times article about a week ago in the business section.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

That would make one tough looking touring car body , come on Tamiya get busy making this into the next shell to have.
Old 05-06-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Old 05-06-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That would be one awesome body to have....
Old 05-06-2004, 10:10 PM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tommi Makkinen
"DaimlerChrysler to quit Mitsubishi

Reuters / April 22, 2004

STUTTGART, Germany -- DaimlerChrysler AG said on Thursday it was pulling out of Mitsubishi Motors, leaving its bid to become a global carmaker in disarray and throwing the future of the ailing Japanese firm into doubt.

The group said that it had decided not to participate in a rescue capital increase planned by Mitsubishi Motors Corp. because it could not agree on an acceptable deal with other shareholders in the loss-making company.

It also said it would not provide any further financial support to Mitsubishi, Japan's only unprofitable carmaker.

"This clearly means separation," a DaimlerChrysler spokesman said, adding that the 37 percent stake would be booked as discontinued business until a buyer could be found.

Mitsubishi representatives could not immediately be reached for comment.

The decision came after an extraordinary meeting of the DaimlerChrysler supervisory and management boards on Thursday.

Supervisory board sources said earlier that the company had discussed selling its 10 percent stake in South Korea's largest carmaker Hyundai Motor Co. Ltd., worth about 850 million euros ($1 billion), to help fund the Mitsubishi rescue.

Mitsubishi, Japan's fourth largest and only unprofitable carmaker, had been planning to present details of a 700 billion yen ($6.39 billion) bailout to shareholders on April 30.

Reeling from losses generated by a disastrous strategy of offering cheap car loans in the U.S., Mitsubishi is expecting a net loss of 72 billion yen for the 12 months to March 31. It had a profit of 37.36 billion yen the previous year.

Mitsubishi Motors' net automotive debt stood at around 726 billion yen six months ago, while total interest-bearing debt was 1.141 trillion.

"This could be the end for Mitsubishi if nobody else injects fresh capital," said one industry source.

DaimlerChrysler bought the stake in Mitsubishi over three years ago with a view to expanding its presence in Asia. It has since worked to establish closer production ties between the Japanese firm and its other problem child, U.S. automaker Chrysler, to cut costs."

It'll be sad to see the EVO go if Mitsubishi does collapse, but the rest of the cars they make now are pure crap. I can't think of a single one even worth a testdrive when compared to it's competitors. 1.41 trillion yen (10.333 billion USD) in debt is bad, mmmmmmkay.

Last edited by Ike; 05-06-2004 at 10:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

this is kinda off subject but does anyone know if i can still get the HKS "track attack" altezza body?..........the evo looks bad ass but the altezza was so much sweeter with the huge wrapping around fenders and the muge mean looking front

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.