Wiki Posts
Search

Is Tamiya going to fast?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Evo 3 Surikarn + BALL DIFF BUDDY! Not all track/motor's are condition specially for one-ways...DRIVER/SURFACE PREFERANCE.....Theres a reason why when Pros run Mod/Foam they don't use oneways

You can upgrade an Evo 3 with Square Alluminum diff cases & 3-piece prop shaft & get a car almost like the Evo4
man, you're on this anti-oneway crusade lately. what's up with that?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
man, you're on this anti-oneway crusade lately. what's up with that?
Ok, let us start an anti-foam tyres crusade...
Old 05-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cobra personal preference on the 414 is my comment. The 415 and the SE3 both have been consistently faster. I have seen your car and it has evolved from a base 414 just like the TC3 has changed from 2 years ago.
Old 05-10-2004, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really don't see how the 415 is even a Tamiya car when Tech Racing pretty much designed it. Isn't is a rebadged MY02R?
Old 05-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Of course there are condtions such as carpet foam racing where a 1-way would be undesirable, perhaps I should have added the cost of a front ball diff or spool to my Tamiya race setup calculation.

When it comes to bling bling options I have a hard time factoring their cost into any car since the vast majority of racers do not use them. If we were to add all the Squar, 3Racing, Kai, etc. options for the Tamiya and other cars nearly every car would be in $2000.-range. I was mearly trying to illistrate how nearly all the pro level kits end up at about the same price in full race trim, regardless of what the base kit price is.

Originally posted by The Black Kat
Evo 3 Surikarn + BALL DIFF BUDDY! Not all track/motor's are condition specially for one-ways...DRIVER/SURFACE PREFERANCE.....Theres a reason why when Pros run Mod/Foam they don't use oneways

You can upgrade an Evo 3 with Square Alluminum diff cases & 3-piece prop shaft & get a car almost like the Evo4
Old 05-10-2004, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

You guys are forgetting one important thing. The USA is not their biggest market. Asia is. Over there people will flock to the "latest and greatest thing!" When the new Yokomo came out... people went to that. Then the Pro4.. Then the 415.. etc... etc.. etc. It's all to keep up in the market if they are to stay on top. It seems they love new things and gadgets. Kinda like living in a large city vs a small town. Some places ya just can't get cable tv! Let's just say we are lucky we can get some of this stuff. Hell, over half the Touring stuff they sell over there they don't sell here. Of course "we" go to their websites to get it... so who's fault is that?
Old 05-10-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
Ok, let us start an anti-foam tyres crusade...
Don't you dare pal......foam tires own

And...I'm not saying one-ways flat out suck (anymore) because some people think they own (i still think they flatout suck) but I don't want to offend anyone's driving style

Last edited by The Black Kat; 05-10-2004 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Kilruf made a huge point !! We are not the largest end user.
Along those lines, keep in mind the different mentality in other parts of the world. They expect the latest and greatest....we settle for the TC3 as long as it still does the job. It's the same reason Americans are stuck to nascar and everywhere else in the world is watching F1 and Moto GP.
Keep in mind also that you are only talking about their Top of the line cars. Unlike Losi , Associated and many others both foreign and domestic...Tamiya offers a huge product line in rc cars/trucks. Because Tamiya tries to lure people into the TCS program, they offer a number of very competitive chassis. It's YOUR choice to go with the top dog chassis.
Last, keep in mind the collectibility of Tamiya cars. Very few other manufactureres have such a market. Down the road a few years, a mint Evo S may be worth some coin !!!
I know it hurts to pay seemingly higher prices. Some of that blame should fall on our Govt. ....Have you seen what the Dollar is worth against some other currency lately !!! It's scary !!
We're in good company.....Look at the folks who buy and live Harley Davidson. Big bucks for sure...but they wouldn't trade em' for the world !!
Old 05-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
all good points guys; that's what forums is all about

GREAT STUFF

YOKOMO-- simply put-- THEE BEST
Old 05-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks, about the thread. I just notice their is a problem at my track. Everyone used to only run xxx-s or tc3 untill I started running tamiya and winning local races and converting guys over. but know racers can't afford what I drive now they would love to have it but can't afford it. I think that sucks, tamiya makes the best built kits.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by gijoe64
tamiya makes the best built kits.
one word- Xray.........

and no I dont have one. I currently run a Evo III and Losi XXX-S and my g/f has a TA04 but out of all of them none compare to the quality of the Xray.........
Old 05-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

this is not an X-Ray post, and no X-Ray cars (like any car) are not perfect, by the way they're far from perfect or the best quality ever. Don't get me wrong, if I was to get a new tourer, i'd get an X-Ray, just because I don't want a 415, but this X-Ray hype is starting to be annoying, I only see them fail or break, like any other car.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think we shouldn't complain.

All companies should release as many cars as they support. It is up to the consumer to choose which car they wannt support.

The day when there is a lack of choice in RC kits, is the day we should dread more.

p.s. on a side note, I got myself a Pro 4 (to join my much treasured TA04 (a Tamiya TC3 in terms of product life)) recently as it probably is the most race ready car out of the box today not to mention that HPI is finally serious about listening to feedback and evolving one car to be the best it can be.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:30 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Tamiya is TOO POPULAR these days.

That sux.

We red-n-blue star guys liked being unique. No longer.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by WC
Tamiya is TOO POPULAR these days.

That sux.

We red-n-blue star guys liked being unique. No longer.
Hey hey don't worry, with the wealth of genuine and aftermarket parts available for our cars, you'd be hard pressed to find fellow Tamiyas looking the same.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.