Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SC guys need some shock help please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Thumbs up SC guys need some shock help please!

Ok so i have a sc10 im doing on road racing and need any info on what you guys are using for springs (color) and shock oil weight. what about sway bars or any other upgrades. any info would help out greatly! thanks!!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Best thing, find the STIFFEST springs, and something in the 50-70 wt shock oil range. Also, look for shock pistons with tiny holes, smallest you can find. Drop to the lowest ride height possible, and the thickest sway bar. Since 99% of what you'll find to fit will be meant for off road, this should be a good starting point. Suggestions on specifics would only work if somebody already raced that truck on your track under those conditions. Other specific suggestions would simply be shots in the dark.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Regular

i agree with R40victim. off-road suspension is meant to move fast to handle the bumpiness of the track and keep the car stable so it tends to be much softer than on-road. other than stiffening up a lot, there is not much more advice you will be able to find. get some tires for on-road or ones that have large flat-topped treads like stock traxxas slash 2wd tires, ones that are not spiky. another trick i saw somewhere was to vent the rear window of the body or cut out the whole thing to prevent the body from having a parachute-like effect (this is even more important in off-road but should help reduce drag). also you will want to shift weight forward since you have more traction in the back. do this by moving batteries as well as changing suspension to be slightly higher and stiffer in back than front. or just try making them even if the front is a lot stiffer than the back right now.

final note- adding more clips over the springs does not make the suspension stiffer. it just raises it a bunch and thats awful for on-road. change the oil or piston and get the truck low so it wont rollover.