Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hi everyone just after a few quick pointers for this weekend i will be running my xxxs in stock class for the first time i normally race off road xxx4 its on a large out door ashphalt track not to tight ive been reading the thread pages but with so many and so much info its going to take for ever so any tips would be good thanks
Old 04-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Default droop help

Hi i have been reading the forum They say too remove the droop screws from the bumper and use internal limiters and the shock eyelet for droop adjustment but then ppl also say the best way too check droop is too hav the suspension relaxed ie no shocks
How can i check the droop?
By going too a smaller droop i get more movement from my chassis before the wheels come off the ground hence more weight transfer
The xxx main says 1.5 too 2
That gives a bigger transfer compared too 4 or 5 on my droop gauge
Am i doing somethin wrong?
the problem i am having is
My back end breaks loose on entering a corner and exiting a corner
Old 06-04-2009, 09:30 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by paraletic
Hi i have been reading the forum They say too remove the droop screws from the bumper and use internal limiters and the shock eyelet for droop adjustment but then ppl also say the best way too check droop is too hav the suspension relaxed ie no shocks
How can i check the droop?
By going too a smaller droop i get more movement from my chassis before the wheels come off the ground hence more weight transfer
The xxx main says 1.5 too 2
That gives a bigger transfer compared too 4 or 5 on my droop gauge
Am i doing somethin wrong?
the problem i am having is
My back end breaks loose on entering a corner and exiting a corner
if you run your xxx-s on a carpet or track with tons of traction then you need to remove that droop screw and adjust droop with shocks length

order to do that remove that droop screws, repalce shock mounting screws on a arms with ball joints, also replace shock rod ends with regular losi ball cups so you can pop em in and out to fine tune the droop, make sure you screw in the ball cups only 90% in to a shaft.

then place spacers under the pistons to get ball park droop height

now follow next paragraphs to do your droops.

it all depends on the track you running but 1mm on front and 2mm on rear is kinda standard droop set up, that is droop over riding height not on the droop gauge.

best way to set up droop for me is set ride height (4.5-5.5mm) first then stick a gauge under the chasis right under a arm, then tab that tire with one finger than lit the chassis gentley then slide the guage further in to check the diffrence. that is your droop, after that I remove the shock and a sway bar to check with a droop gauge to make sure both side are even then re check your riding height.

also make sure use the kit droop gauge only! one that use 2 square block wont work with this car cause chasis is not flat all around.

if your backend loose on a corner you should check to make sure you have right tire first, riding height (too low) rear camber mounting holes then rear toe in. check em in that order.

after 6 month of retiring of my xxx-s I m bring it back to life

I been a fan for Jrx-s Type R since XXX-S retiring but can't resist to bring XXX-S back for some good reasons.

I found great racing leaguse going on at beach of Staten island, NY. yes the Asphalt track is built on the beach !! as you guessed there is enough sands to eat up my spur/pinion, diffs of my Type-R on 1 day racing!!

also there is not much traction on that track (take off27 tire was the choice) I will be runniing soft springs, that makes easy on bumper mounted droop screws and sealed drive trains make the XXX-S perfect for this track!

I do running SMC5000 Lipo and a BL motor on my car that needs heavy dremeling on motor side and battry part of the chassis as showing on the attachments.

This car is pain in the neck on a carpet or track that need heavey springs but for parking lot or track with normal traction, this car is still on top of the game.
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-img_5454.jpg   Losi XXX-S-img_5455.jpg   Losi XXX-S-img_5456.jpg  
Old 06-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Company Representative

Default XXX-S Ready to Take off

Like the post above I got this car ready for the weekend.

check out the video from Staten Island, NYC track!
that red Nose and Blue rear is my car.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Attached Thumbnails Losi XXX-S-xxxs_2009_si.jpg  
Old 06-11-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

cool video
Old 06-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

I myself just picked up a used graphite+ for cheap. I figure I'll try it instead of a $400-500 rig for now. Just club racing it. :P These things are what, 5 years old already? Yeah, a little dremeling and the lipo's fit fine. I'll post pics later.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:12 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by vr6cj
I myself just picked up a used graphite+ for cheap. I figure I'll try it instead of a $400-500 rig for now. Just club racing it. :P These things are what, 5 years old already? Yeah, a little dremeling and the lipo's fit fine. I'll post pics later.
Maybe 5 years since discontinued

Mine is Ready! Set droop with Ball cups on Front with soft bumper and a Rear with Regular droop screws on a Hard Bumper.

hope weather clear by tommorow
Old 06-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Tech Elite

Pics of what I just got. I used to have long time ago and liked it bunches. Since then I've had me a Mi2, 415msxx mre and Xray '007. Loved the 415 and want to get a 416 we, but I'll try this first.

Old 06-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Company Representative

I liked that Matt Francise tint on your gear cover!
Old 06-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

These cars are still sick on asphalt/for vta...
Old 06-13-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Addict

Ive been running a G+ in club level stock class for a couple meets now and find its quite competitive in club level.

that said aslong as the opposition cars are compareable such as motor and speedy etc, I have noticed that some of the newer speedys offer the timing advance etc an tend too hav a noticable amount more of speed.

but if both using same speedys etc then yes you can be competative
Old 06-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It is still very competitive, especially when it goes to rally, I won several competitions in Poland with my G+. Since then there are only more of them around here

About battery place- it is the biggest place for any battery type I know, I use 2s2p LiFe/a123, LiIon and lipos, no problem - they fit perfect (and with a123 you have perfect balance), you have to only shave 2 small points and loosen screws of battery strip.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Company Representative

Ran My XXX-S yesterday, Sunday at club TC race at Staten Island, NY

against X-ray, Tamiya, AE , I TQed with My 10 years old XXX-S

Like I mentioned before track is built on beach, naturally this track have some sandy spots

My car ran smooth all day with Lipo/BL set up

by end of the day other racers all wonder why my car is so quite

I showed them my car and there goes, AHHH~ triple X ! sealed tranny!!

This car rocks on parking lot /dusty track! I m going back this week end to same track with my XXX-S
Old 06-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Hey guys I finally got my Graphite XXX-S up and running. I have a Novak GTB Esc and a 3.5T velociti BL Motor. I know it is super fast. I was wondering what motor would be perfect for this car how many turn??? Also I would like to know what is everybodys favorite Spur and Pinion setups??(how many teeth) I would like to know please.

Also I was reading some stuff about bearings and to clean them and remove the shields??? It has been sitting for a while, what is a few things I should do and look at or into?? what are some new things that came out for this car?? its been about 6 years since I raced these little guys. I have 3 of them and selling 2 of them if any1 wants one or needs 1. Let me know

Thanx again guys
Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Ran My XXX-S yesterday, Sunday at club TC race at Staten Island, NY

against X-ray, Tamiya, AE , I TQed with My 10 years old XXX-S

Like I mentioned before track is built on beach, naturally this track have some sandy spots

My car ran smooth all day with Lipo/BL set up

by end of the day other racers all wonder why my car is so quite

I showed them my car and there goes, AHHH~ triple X ! sealed tranny!!

This car rocks on parking lot /dusty track! I m going back this week end to same track with my XXX-S

Right on, I bet once they saw it they were like WTF?! Old school fools!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.